so how soon can we expect clan technology? not interested in this game untill the clans come into the picture as I don't like this era mechs

177 replies to this topic

#161 ReconDoc

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBBGclan.net

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostIsingdeath, on 26 July 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I would venture to guess if you don't like the game now then you won't like the game when the clans come out or to say another way if you do not like broccoli adding butter and salt ain't going to make you run out and go buy more.

I like that...lol! See you in about a year!
I say let the clans come when they come and bash Mech until they do! Then when its time Let the Merc Corps battle it out over Clan Names and rights...A big Trial of Posession...talk about some good battles for those matches...lol

Edited by ReconDoc, 26 July 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#162 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

I can't wait to see all those mechs either, as I'm very much looking forward to blowing them all to pieces.

#163 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

I know this may stun the haters in this thread, but as someone who adores the clans I really am looking forward to how the clans are brought into the game.

And before the 3025 diehards start yammering about how It's because I just want the tech/mechs or need the huge edge: no, it really isn't. I adore the way that the clans have evolved as a society to enshrine the dual concepts of efficiency and warfare. I love the way that the 17 clans have looked at these two concepts and evolved into 17 different militaries. And the origin stories for each of the clans feels so much more epic and legendary then the comparatively dry rise of the great houses.

That their technology is superior is almost garnish IMHO.

All of that having been said I agree with a lot of folks that the OP is a tool.

#164 Gargoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCoastal Finland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image
Welcome back when we get clans, and be ready to be stomped upon by inner sphere with more experienced pilots, heavier mechs and general attitude.
Hope to see you then <3

#165 SumoRex

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Location22nd Avalon Hussars. New Avalon

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostAshla Mason, on 26 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I know this may stun the haters in this thread, but as someone who adores the clans I really am looking forward to how the clans are brought into the game.

And before the 3025 diehards start yammering about how It's because I just want the tech/mechs or need the huge edge: no, it really isn't. I adore the way that the clans have evolved as a society to enshrine the dual concepts of efficiency and warfare. I love the way that the 17 clans have looked at these two concepts and evolved into 17 different militaries. And the origin stories for each of the clans feels so much more epic and legendary then the comparatively dry rise of the great houses.

That their technology is superior is almost garnish IMHO.

All of that having been said I agree with a lot of folks that the OP is a tool.

Well said. I don't much care for the clan ways, but having read all the books I appreciate why others might. As to whether you would choose them if they were, for example sporting mechs of wildy *inferior* design, I still somewhat cynically doubt. Sorry. Not meaning to flame there buddy... Just saying what I see... Apologies.

Edited by SumoRex, 26 July 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#166 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

HOLY THREAD NECRO BATMAN

#167 Alex Rahkena

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Not to nit pick....but saying you dont like these era mechs when they are all redone as far as look goes is non point. Not to mention wanting clan mechs and calling most of them by there innersphere names...

ryoken, Stormcrow
puma, Adder
blood asp Mechassault II I'm sure is in a bargin bin some where at wal mart
thor Summoner
massakari Warhawk
stone rhino Unseen if your looking for the old art your SOL

And the clans coming in doesn't make a universal upgrade to any era its just a different tech base, And I'm sure in this system it won't be the 'hit the win button' like it was in past titles

#168 Robber

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationColumbus, TX

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Those of us that just like the game will enjoy our first year without you. When you do join you will have the fun of being a year behind on all the skill trees as well as c-bills earned. If you are a clan purist, good on you. We'll be sure to let you know along the way how much we do or don't enjoy the game when it is released.

#169 Lettuce Prey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRedwood Forest Humboldt County California - in other words i live out in the woods

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostVexgrave Lars, on 26 July 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

This sounds like the guy at my old gaming group who refused to start a PC who wasn't 5th level and had 3 Magic items.

We sent him packing after the first night.

Well see ya next year.

yea, i think we kicked him out of our P&P games also.
and yes he does sound the same.
his focus seems to be on clan tech and no other aspect.
honer be damned, i want the phat lootz.

edit:
and if he NEVER shows up in game, i think we would all be better off.
his friends, too.

Edited by Lettuce Prey, 26 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#170 Kharahs

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Your Sir are not a true Clanner,probably one of those Mechwarrior 4, MechAssault Junkies that do not know a think about what the Clans truely are.

and no I'm not a purist,I started BT with the TT and started the video gaming with Mechwarrior 2 and played em all after including mechassault1 and 2 I liked them all and took each game for what they were instead of being all critical and nit picky

Edited by Kharahs, 26 July 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#171 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

guys guys, this thread is long dead, and lets let it stay that way, the OP propably dosnt even read the threads anymore...
lets keep the thread necro'ing down :)

#172 Birddog FAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 248 posts
  • LocationState College PA USA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Yup, it's 3049. A basic google search will tell you the clans invade in 3050. So you wait about a year.

Personally, I'm hoping that when the clans show up they're not a player faction at first. That would give time for players to fight against them for a while and salvage clan tech. Then when the clans open up to players, those of us sticking to playing Inner Sphere mechs will have an arsenal of mixed tech built up so that the clan players don't have utter supremacy in the tech department.

I think this is a valid point if clans drop outta space like they did in fasa and all of a sudden become playable it will destroy the game as clan players will have a massive advantage. this has always been an issue with MW games. I like the idea of team fights were clan tech could be found slowly allowing people who would like to stay inner-sphere will be able at least to stand up to the clan tech. also later on the inner-sphere also makes omni-mechs but not until about 3053 is the first release (an attempt) but i may be wrong on the date. I understand the draw to clan tech and mechs they are more powerful and fully customizable. But that is also an issue as it strongly effects play-ablity of a game so all you clanners out there dont be surprised if your mechs are only uber powerful for a short time.... though i think that they should be full powered for a week or two just for emersion. but any more than two weeks as it will aversley effect the game or the units will be so highly priced only the lucky few will be able to afford them to everyone else s detriment. but all we have to do is wait and see cause it is up to the Devs... yet im still worried

#173 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostHogtooth, on 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Im dreading the day that the clan will make an apperence. Worst thing FASA ever did was bring the clan into the game. Just my opinion and like they say Opinions are like.......

Opinion are like... But Clan Invasion didn't kill Battletech, however Dark Age did, so when talking about the worse thing brought into the game... Fact is sales of the Clan Invasion probably increased sales, so from FASA's POV it was probably one of the best things they ever did.

Personally, I love both Invasion Era and Pre-Invasion Era Battletech.

#174 Gunsmith1

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'd invite the top five or ten percent to be clan players and let the rest stay on IW stuff and factions. That would be an incentive to get good and spend time in the game and reward the most skilled and loyal players.

#175 Lettuce Prey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRedwood Forest Humboldt County California - in other words i live out in the woods

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostSkadi, on 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

guys guys, this thread is long dead, and lets let it stay that way, the OP propably dosnt even read the threads anymore...
lets keep the thread necro'ing down :)

it's still an interesting read, and not everyone has seen it.
yes it was started by a total tool, but somehow it got highjacked into a discussion of clans.
and lord know we can't have too many of those threads.

#176 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

OP: Oh, wow. I fully encourage you to not play now and come back next year to play! It takes a real clanner to punt all the XP and Cbills you'll need since Clanners will probably be rationed equipment based on successes, rank, and overall stature in the clan (not). Also, it would be foolish to know the capabilities of your IS opponents since you will just be sticking to zellbrigen and issuing batchalls like punchlines. So, sure, see you next year with extra crunchy n00baliciousness for you and a year of donkey punching the clueless under my belt. Wise decision, very very wise.

#177 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

It'll be a good year until the Inner Sphere knows about the Clans initial invasion into the perifery planets...

PLUS even when/if the Clans are implemented, we still don't know HOW the developers plan to implement them. There's an EXCELLENT chance that if you don't get in now (or at least soon after full release of the game), you may NEVER get a chance to operate a Clan mech. Especially since there aren't any salvage rights in this game.

If you don't want to wait at least another year for an extremely slim chance at immediately jumping into a Clan mech, you're probably better off re-installing MW4, or the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod.

#178 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 July 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

You can ask and demand all you want, but if the devs decide to not make the Clans playable noone will hear you scream (well, except your neighbors maybe).

I will find a way to violate the very laws of physics to make my scream heard from here on earth to the very edges of our known UNIVERSE, and make that scream echo until time itself ceases to exist. Oh, and Clans WILL be playable, because this is, PLAYER versus PLAYER, and the devs DID say so. just cannot find the post, too many to dig through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users