so how soon can we expect clan technology? not interested in this game untill the clans come into the picture as I don't like this era mechs

177 replies to this topic

#1 BoondoxSaint

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

Edited by Helmer, 27 June 2012 - 05:35 PM.
Edited for content.

#2 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I guess we'll be seeing you sometime next year then.

#3 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

The title of this thread is like a Fiona Apple album title.

#4 Roger Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Come back in about a year, thanks.

#5 Akula

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 152 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Do some reading okay. Then you wont need to ask.

But like others have said come back next year.

#6 Vander StarStrife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Yeppers, about a year .... lot of stuff to get worked out before CLAN invasion and such ....

#7 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

We'll try not to have too much fun while you're waiting.

#8 Hogtooth

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Tonawanda NY

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Im dreading the day that the clan will make an apperence. Worst thing FASA ever did was bring the clan into the game. Just my opinion and like they say Opinions are like.......

#9 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Clan Ghost Bear fan, but he uses the Inner Sphere names?

#10 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

I find this rather funny, besides waiting for the clans to come. You will be waiting much longer for a few of those mechs as well as they are produced much further down the timeline.

The talk of being a CGB fan and using innersphere names is also amusing.

Edited by Hollister, 27 June 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#11 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostHogtooth, on 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Im dreading the day that the clan will make an apperence. Worst thing FASA ever did was bring the clan into the game. Just my opinion and like they say Opinions are like.......

I disagree.

Also, Dark Age is worse (though after FASA's time).

#12 Badfinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAnunnaki Empire, Planet Nibiru

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'll bet C-bills that he can't wait that long!

#13 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Considering on how much clan Mechs and tech will cost, I'm glad I will have the time to save up for it. I can wait, until then I will ride in the cheap stuff.

#14 Flinch

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Currently the only "bandwagon" is Inner Sphere. So jump on and play from the start, or wait (a year?) for the clans to arrive. Either way, there will be a lot of carnage on the battlefield.

#15 Alexander Diaz

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostDerek Icelord, on 27 June 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Clan Ghost Bear fan, but he uses the Inner Sphere names?

That's what I thought too. Hell, I'm a Clanner and I wouldn't be caught dead asking for a "Mad Cat"

I'm also annoyed by these posts crying for Clan tech. As soon as Clan tech gets introduced, everything breaks and we have to desperately try to figure out how to balance everything. The other thing that amazes me is when people talk about how these weapons or chassis aren't good. Well, when everyone is dancing with the same shoes, it's an even playing field. You'll find that mech you thought was lame actually had a pretty important role.

Lets keep the Pulse and Gauss boats out of the mix for a little while longer and play with the toys they're giving us. I'm actually excited to see the variety presented.

#16 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

At least he didn't say MadCat! :P

I'm totally lost on lore, but I still fully expected that.

#17 Drunken Firebat

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts

View PostHogtooth, on 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I've always gotten the impression that FASA never meant for Clans to be 'playable' -- that their pilots, gear, etc would make them elite opponents for skilled players. If you savvy Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder, think of the role that various 'outsider' enemies fill (particularly evil outsiders).

Then of course they statted out all the stuff and all the munchkins wanted to use Clan tech and play Clanners...

#18 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

If you're lucky, probably in a year or so. But I think the devs might let the Clan War go on for a couple of years so that there are tons of juicy contracts that go after the clans. Then the mechs and gear will start to surface for people to buy.

But that's just my 2 C-Bills. Best not to get ahead of ourselves. Besides, I personally believe it will be a true testament to a lot of players to come up with some crazy strategies to outsmart the more technologically advanced Clans in order to win those battles.

#19 Alexander Diaz

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostStray Ion, on 27 June 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Considering on how much clan Mechs and tech will cost, I'm glad I will have the time to save up for it. I can wait, until then I will ride in the cheap stuff.

This is a good point too. Also, a lot of that stuff wasn't bought at the local market. It had to be salvaged, repaired (if possible due to the leap of tech) and sold on a black market (assuming you survived the confrontation.

But yeah, later on, that stuff cost a fortune.

#20 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yup, it's 3049. A basic google search will tell you the clans invade in 3050. So you wait about a year.

Personally, I'm hoping that when the clans show up they're not a player faction at first. That would give time for players to fight against them for a while and salvage clan tech. Then when the clans open up to players, those of us sticking to playing Inner Sphere mechs will have an arsenal of mixed tech built up so that the clan players don't have utter supremacy in the tech department.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users