so how soon can we expect clan technology? not interested in this game untill the clans come into the picture as I don't like this era mechs

177 replies to this topic

#41 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

dont be so mean gents, he can buy a catapult and get at least half the experience of his madcat now, more later.

#42 Tterrag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Why wait for mechs worse them what we start with?

#43 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

IDK about the rest of you, but, I am just killing time until I can get my hands on: TimberWolf, Dire Wolf, Stone Rhino and Marauder IIC.

#44 Rixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Person A started pre-clan and claims the clans are the worst thing ever.
Person B started post clan and think the clans rock and that DA is the worst thing ever. Pre clan stuff is boring.
Person C started in DA and thinks everything pre-DA is boring.

Person A started with the TT BT and thinks the video games are a watered down and corrupt form of the game. DA is an atrocity.
Person B started with the video games and thinks the TT game is a bore. DA is neat to look at, but equally boring as CBT.
Person C started with TT DA think that the video games are old and ugly and CBT is simply too darn slow to possibly be fun.

Everyone's first experience in universe is the ultimate version of that universe. The sad part is that nostalgia blinds them from other iterations of the concept that can be just as deep and interesting.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's a basic biological event. But often, when we overcome our basic cavemean instincts we become better people.

#45 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

While, I admit to starting in MW2, I think the Clans are the best part of the universe, but, not because they have superior technology. I think <and this is speaking as a writer> they are the best thing, because they are such a wicked antagonist. They add in the possibility for many more story arcs, scenarios for TT and the video games that you simply cannot and will not have with out them. I find their mechs to suit MY style of play, and the ideologies of the Clans to mesh with my views on some things. They, for me, resonate on a personal level. I cannot, nor shall I speak to the desires or wishes of my fellow Clan enthusiasts and why they like the Clans. I can speak only for me, and have done so.

#46 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

I am person A definitely, but I have done it all;

The best thing with DA was that you could get cheap decent miniatures for support units that were also lightweight (16 mech in metal miniatures are heavy...) but otherwise DA was terrible.

And yes the Clans was a bad idea I still do not like the Clan era... so as far as I am concerned I can easily life without them being added.

#47 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Personally, I don't mind the Clans. I really like their fluff, but I can see how people don't like the mechanics and view it as so much cheese.

Really, it's the people who come around asking "where is <insert clan 'Mech>" that torque me off. Not because they like Clan stuff, but because there is ample information saying "MechWarrior: Online will start in 3049, there are no Clans (yet :huh:." Also, these posts almost invariably have atrocious spelling/grammar. I try not to be a Grammar Nazi, but at least put some effort to spell things correctly and pretend you know what the Shift key is for.

#48 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Where's Paul when you need him?

#49 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Barcella, Irece

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostRixx, on 27 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Everyone's first experience in universe is the ultimate version of that universe. The sad part is that nostalgia blinds them from other iterations of the concept that can be just as deep and interesting.

Well, there are exceptions.

For instance, I like the universe as a whole, though the dark age can go have a forced reactor shutdown and internal center torso ammo explosion for all I care, do not get me wrong though, it had some neat ideas that were horribly executed. Being that I started really playing BattleTech a year ago with MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game, I can safely say that the universe before the clan invasion is not boring, just bogged down with 10 or so (publication) years of internal politics (So-and-so-Steiner/Davion [Do not get me started on Steiner-Davions..] did WHAT? How unlady/gentlmen-like!) that is difficult for new players to really get into. I view the video games as a way for me to enjoy the universe when my friends are not playing BT TT.

I still cannot understand the blatant hatred of the Clans though. Beating a superior foe with crafty tactics and resource management is the sign of a truly skilled player, though I may be a little jaded with my Clan honor rules.

#50 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Trolling the MechWarrior Online Forums in 4 Easy Steps:
1) Start new forum account.
2) Start new thread demanding post cont clan mechs.
3) ??????
4) Profit!

Seriously guys. 3 pages and nobody even caught on with his second dip about laser boating an Atlas? Is this your first time on the internet?

#51 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Barcella, Irece

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostBlackAbbot, on 28 June 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Trolling the MechWarrior Online Forums in 4 Easy Steps:
1) Start new forum account.
2) Start new thread demanding post cont clan mechs.
3) ??????
4) Profit!

Seriously guys. 3 pages and nobody even caught on with his second dip about laser boating an Atlas? Is this your first time on the internet?

Wait, he talked about laser boating an Atlas? I must have scrolled past that way too fast. Admittedly, I did not look at his post count, it generally does not matter, though I will be wary next time.

#52 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I am waiting to see some of the Classics

Summoner (Thor)

Timberwolf (Mad Cat)

Warhawk (Masakari)

Mad Dog (Vulture)

you know Invasion ear mechs

Elementals too !

#53 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostDerek Icelord, on 27 June 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Personally, I don't mind the Clans. I really like their fluff, but I can see how people don't like the mechanics and view it as so much cheese.

Really, it's the people who come around asking "where is <insert clan 'Mech>" that torque me off. Not because they like Clan stuff, but because there is ample information saying "MechWarrior: Online will start in 3049, there are no Clans (yet :)." Also, these posts almost invariably have atrocious spelling/grammar. I try not to be a Grammar Nazi, but at least put some effort to spell things correctly and pretend you know what the Shift key is for.

I miss my Firefox Spell checker... whats with these forums anyway?

#54 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

This makes me wonder.....will FWL and CC be SOL when it comes to Clan tech since none of them are in an invasion corridor?

#55 Dogbreed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

haha im using the inner sphere names cause figured most would only recognize those names........... the selection of mechs in this game as is atm is meh....wheres the raven at least? i'd scout it up in a raven. Having to pay 120$ for all 4 at launch is pretty ridiculous. ..... and really how many medium laser boats are there going to be? cause srsly thats all you will see in a month or so and complaints about gauss plas boats....

Yes trying reading the forum a bit, the Raven is one of the mechs already announced

#56 Zso Sahal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Posted Image

#57 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

I really scratch my head when I see things like: Clans were a big mistake/bad idea/worst thing ever. I really do. A Battletech Universe w/out the Clans is a poor and empty universe. It would be like having the Transformers w/out the Decepticons as the adversary. Allies w/out the Axis powers. Come on y'all, dont cut the horse in half because you do not like its back side. You cannot have this universe, and all its flavor w/out having them. Like it or not, this franchise <BattleTech> would not have survived this long, nor have the hugely rabid fan base it has now with out them. Also, you would not have the options in terms of story arc's or a real reason to have had the IS upgrade its technology or even try to unite. Would have been nothing but petty bickering that would eventually lead to obliteration and the universe going cold.

#58 svtman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

I'm sorry, but the title of this thread makes me think you're the kind of person that would cry about someone giving you a million dollars in ones instead of hundreds because it was to heavy...........

How can you not be excited to play a new Mechwarrior game regardless if Clan tech is in it or not. Why can't people just love the fact that we have a new Mechwarrior game and stop ******** about what isn't in the game. Don't get me wrong I love clan tech as well, but any real fan loves it all.

#59 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Where is my Dark Age tech, I will not play the game without my Dark Age tech, when can I have it? I want it now now now now!

sarcasm...

On a serious note... GAME STARTS IN 3049 CLANS DONT INVADE UNTIL 3050.

3050 - 3049 = 1

you have to wait 1 year

kthnxbai

i should teach math, and reading.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 29 June 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#60 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

actually, hate to disagree with ya Iron, but, its less than a year. Wave 1 hits in March 3050 with Wolf, Falcon and I think Jaguar leading the charge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users