so how soon can we expect clan technology? not interested in this game untill the clans come into the picture as I don't like this era mechs

177 replies to this topic

#21 Hargrim Dane

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostHollister, on 27 June 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I find this rather funny, besides waiting for the clans to come. You will be waiting much longer for a few of those mechs as well as they are produced much further down the timeline.

The talk of being a CGB fan and using innersphere names is also amusing.

Agreed.

It behooves us all to recall that this is a game with over two decades of history and a millenium of story... which also has a dedicated fan base posessed of long memories. Tread lightly, ye men who would be munchkins...

#22 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

When there is Clan stuff.. obviously Clan stuff is better.. that's why people prefer it over the IS stuff most of the time... (not always admittedly).. but if it's simply not there, you're not going to miss it.

#23 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Let's see what year MUL says they appear...

ryoken, - 2930
puma, - 3010
cougar, - 3058
blood asp - 3060
grizzly - 2947
black lanner - 3052
thor - 2872
massakari - 2999
stone rhino - 2847
kodiak. - 3001

So judging by your list you will access to some but not all since the current year is 3049 and we do not expect the Clans until they invade the IS directly in March of next year. Even then the devs could decide that the first couple or more waves will not be contested by the players as the Clans will steamroll on in.

As said, we'll be practicing with our "old and busted" while you sit out the game waiting for your "new hotness".

#24 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Just thought I'd point out, Clans won't show up in a year+, it'll be closer to 8 or 9 months from now. They showed up in the Inner Sphere in March of 3050.

And yes I know they've been in the Periphery since 3045.

#25 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Don't you think you're being shallow? There's got to be some Mechs on this rooster that look like they would be fun to play. You should still be able to play the game and enjoy it simply because it's MechWarrior.(You see any other MW games like this coming out? I don't.) But if it suits you, fine, go away and come back Summer or Fall 2013. The funny thing is that by then I'll be plumb rich and able to actually afford the Clan Mechs while you won't be. So we'll get the stuff before you do. :P

#26 Endust

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Change title to Power game waits for easy mode

#27 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Don't come back.

#28 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

i would prefer the devs not to feel chained to any timeline. let them wait 2 years if they need to before they advance the in game calendar by 1 year

i would rather it be right than be "on schedule"

#29 BoondoxSaint

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

haha im using the inner sphere names cause figured most would only recognize those names........... the selection of mechs in this game as is atm is meh....wheres the raven at least? i'd scout it up in a raven. Having to pay 120$ for all 4 at launch is pretty ridiculous. ..... and really how many medium laser boats are there going to be? cause srsly thats all you will see in a month or so and complaints about gauss plas boats....

#30 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

It will be next year, so have faith in the devs.

#31 BoondoxSaint

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

also in living legends its not so bad.... cause you can restrict to variants. Thats what they should do not let you FULLY tweak a mech to make it a boat but restrictions on hardpoints do that for the most part but some mechs just boat better than others. I doubt anyone will be able to beat an atlas with 10+ med lasers and some lrms thrown in there for pesky long rangers. It'll be a walking killbboat anything that it sets in cross hair splat there goes your legs...

#32 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Later dude. See ya in a year or more.

. . . and it will always be a Mad Cat to me. That's what it was in the 3050 tech readout, that's what it will always be. I'm definitely an Inner Sphere pilot that has played around with some clan toys on a few occasions. . . as opposed to a Clan guy.

#33 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 27 June 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

The title of this thread is like a Fiona Apple album title.

View PostSkringly, on 27 June 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Do some reading okay. Then you wont need to ask.

But like others have said come back next year.

View PostPromptus, on 27 June 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

We'll try not to have too much fun while you're waiting.

View PostBadfinger, on 27 June 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'll bet C-bills that he can't wait that long!

View PostEndust, on 27 June 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Change title to Power game waits for easy mode

View PostSug, on 27 June 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

Don't come back.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA........These are all so damn funny, and I'm safe since I'm not drinking right now. Thanks to the mods before lock and see yah next year,or not.

Edited by MuffinTop, 27 June 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#34 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Cant understand what he's saying and i think he needs to learn the lore and read the Dev Updates. I think it should be REALLY tough to be a clanner so that they are only the best "hint hint someone with a x in their name" Also that tech not withstanding, The first IS vs Clan matches should be 2 companies vs 1 trinary and over time maybe add in 1 company vs 1 binary.

#35 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Next year, and yeah, we will be waiting for you Clan Clowns.

#36 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

And Ghost Bear will be ready to stomp on some IS hotshots :huh:

#37 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

haha im using the inner sphere names cause figured most would only recognize those names........... the selection of mechs in this game as is atm is meh....wheres the raven at least? i'd scout it up in a raven. Having to pay 120$ for all 4 at launch is pretty ridiculous. ..... and really how many medium laser boats are there going to be? cause srsly thats all you will see in a month or so and complaints about gauss plas boats....

Are you kidding me? Did you even bother to read ANYTHING before posting this? First, I doubt you actually know the Clan names, or else you probably would have used them (looking them up to post in a reply does not count), nice try to save face. Also, a little birdy told me about this:
http://mwomercs.com/...3-raven-concept

Welcome to MWO... Have fun twiddling your thumbs.

View PostDerek Icelord, on 27 June 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Clan Ghost Bear fan, but he uses the Inner Sphere names?

And he uses contractions... Surat.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 27 June 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#38 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Yup, it's 3049. A basic google search will tell you the clans invade in 3050. So you wait about a year.

Personally, I'm hoping that when the clans show up they're not a player faction at first. That would give time for players to fight against them for a while and salvage clan tech. Then when the clans open up to players, those of us sticking to playing Inner Sphere mechs will have an arsenal of mixed tech built up so that the clan players don't have utter supremacy in the tech department.

I think as soon as they show up, they should be playable. Just sayin

#39 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Know its a little early but how far down can we expect the clans to come into the pictur?e......like we should be able to ally ourselves with one of the clans....for example I'm a long time ghost bear fan. Big fan of the clan omnimech chassis.

Looking forward to:

ryoken,
puma,
cougar,
blood asp
grizzly
black lanner
thor
massakari
stone rhino

and my favorite mech of all time the kodiak.

You know they COULD be makin gus elite up certain xp lines befire we can even access clan tech for our pilot not to mention faction rank. So if you only start next year your SOL till you build up xp and rank. Just saying its possible. You might be very far behind when you start if you wait.

#40 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostBoondoxSaint, on 27 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Uh... did you not bother to read any of news posts which have their own forum so they don't get lost?
  • Raven was 'Mech #9
  • They're staying close to tabletop rules. Medium laser boats and "plas" boats (assuming you mean pulse lasers) will heat up very quickly.
  • Hardpoints will restrict the "gauss boat" issue, even before you factor in the significant weight of the Gauss Rifle.
  • You have to actually buy all this stuff first, either with accumulated C-Bills or (possibly) shelling out real cash if you can't wait.

Edited by Derek Icelord, 27 June 2012 - 08:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users