Hunchback 4G Vs Gi... Does Gi Make 4G Obsolete?

18 replies to this topic

#1 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Looking at quirks, both GI and 4G get +25% Cooldown with AC20, the 4G with 12.5% for AC20 and 12.5 with all ballistic... GI gets +25% with all ballistic plus more with GR.

Running the AC20/3ML build, can anyone see a reason to run this in a 4G vs. a GI?

Edited by BigFatGator, 26 December 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#2 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

4G still gets bonuses for AC20 velocity and range that make the 4G better for mounting that specific weapon. Sure, cooldown bonuses are the same but that's only part of it.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, the 4G is a better AC20 platform, but with that said the GI is still quite capable there and if the cbill bonus is important to you it'd be a great way to go.

#4 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

I've got an HBK-4G(F) and with the quirks and bonuses I get, no way does the GI interest me.

#5 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

+1 to the 4G being the better AC20 mech. The velocity and range bonuses are amazing. You get an 80 meter optimal range boost over the regular AC20 once you have the Range 5 module on. And a 25% velocity bonus means you can even nail fast lights without too much trouble.

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

4G is the AC-20 mech, the GI is the Gauss mech, Now if you want a c-bill boosting GI, you can still run the ac-20 in it, but to me that is the only reason. (still kicking myself for not buying founders package to my 4G!) Unless of course you want to try to squeeze in pulse lasers, but ehh,, to heavy for an ac-20. You could run the GI with an ac-10 and pulses, that could be fun..

GI

Medium Pulse Cooldown +12,5%
Energy Weapon Cooldown +12,5%
Gauss Rifle Cooldown +25%
Ballistic Weapon Cooldown +25%
Missile Weapon Cooldown +15%
Medium Pulse Range +25%
Energy Weapon Range +25%

HBK-4G

AC/20 Cooldown +12,5%
Ballistic Weapon Cooldown +12,5%
Energy Weapon Heat Generation -15%
AC/20 Velocity +12,5%
Ballistic Weapon Velocity +12,5%
AC/20 Range +12,5%
Ballistic Weapon Range +12,5%

#7 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 30 December 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

4G is the AC-20 mech, the GI is the Gauss mech, Now if you want a c-bill boosting GI, you can still run the ac-20 in it, but to me that is the only reason. (still kicking myself for not buying founders package to my 4G!) Unless of course you want to try to squeeze in pulse lasers, but ehh,, to heavy for an ac-20. You could run the GI with an ac-10 and pulses, that could be fun..

The only reason I bought the GI in the first place is cause I wanted a Hunchback with a c-bill boost because I missed the founder's program. In the end it turned out to be a fun ride and I would have wanted it anyways but man, having a 4G(F) in my mechbay would be sweet.

#8 The Wakelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

I'm keen to get a good AC20 mech after having mild success with an AC20 cent & AC20 raven.

What's the preferred AC20 4G build?

#9 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostThe Wakelord, on 30 December 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm keen to get a good AC20 mech after having mild success with an AC20 cent & AC20 raven.

Usually AC20, 3 medium lasers, endo (and without launching the game and looking at my 4G(F) also FF armor, think it fits), and the biggest std engine you can fit. XL engines are too big a risk with that massive side torso cannon (even with the quirk buffs). Mine with speed tweek runs around 89 kph, and the only issue is ammo limitations (been deliberating on removing a medium laser for another ton of AC ammo). Also threw in a AC20 cooldown module to get the best of the quirk advantage.

#10 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostThe Wakelord, on 30 December 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm doing this since quirks.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=722a1fabe73f4dfafceebca8b4b39780cf09b6db">HBK-4G

Extra ammo to accommodate the extra ROF at the expense of speed. Still moves well and has plenty of ammo to keep pounding the enemy.

#11 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostBigFatGator, on 26 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Running the AC20/3ML build, can anyone see a reason to run this in a 4G vs. a GI?

To save real money?

the 4G costs nothing but C-bills. the GI costs MC.

#12 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 30 December 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Usually AC20, 3 medium lasers, endo (and without launching the game and looking at my 4G(F) also FF armor, think it fits), and the biggest std engine you can fit. XL engines are too big a risk with that massive side torso cannon (even with the quirk buffs). Mine with speed tweek runs around 89 kph, and the only issue is ammo limitations (been deliberating on removing a medium laser for another ton of AC ammo). Also threw in a AC20 cooldown module to get the best of the quirk advantage.

is it even worth mentioning XL engines with an AC 20 hunchback? You can't fit an XL engine with an AC 20 side.

#13 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I only put 2 medium lasers in the arms in my AC20 4G.

The thrid "head laser" brings nothing to the table as you then have to create a 3rd weapon group to get the most out of it, as the third laser is torso locked and wont aim with the arms. This means more micro management.

Ditch it for more AC20 ammo the trade off of not being able to zombie with a single medium laser is worth the extra damage and kills you will get from the extra ammo.

My founders 4G hunchie is one of my favourite mechs in the game right now, in the current meta and the quirks it really is lethal and often overlooked by the opposition who will shoot timberwolfs etc before you. The high mounted AC20 and reasonably slender shape of the Hunchie make it really effective at cornering with teh AC20, duck in shoot, duck out, repeat until they work out you are really hurting them, then change position.

It is also asbolutely lethal against light mechs, and once mastered you really do have teh agility to aim the AC20 very effectively despite it is torso locked.

#14 TheRedZealot

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 31 December 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

The thrid "head laser" brings nothing to the table as you then have to create a 3rd weapon group to get the most out of it, as the third laser is torso locked and wont aim with the arms. This means more micro management.

You are already torso aiming for the AC20, Might as well ditch the arm lasers over the head laser by this logic. Gives you more armour (Arm Shielding) and simplifies aiming even more (Only torso) ;)

#15 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostTheRedZealot, on 31 December 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

You are already torso aiming for the AC20, Might as well ditch the arm lasers over the head laser by this logic. Gives you more armour (Arm Shielding) and simplifies aiming even more (Only torso) ;)

Not as crazy as it sounds, infact I have half thought about just ditching the lasers all together in favour of more AC20 ammo.

The only downside I can see about your suggestion, when you pop out to snap fire your AC20, you might get tempted just to stay out that extra half a second for your medium laser to fully connect, which may be just long enough for any opponent on the ball to catch you out.

#16 TheRedZealot

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 31 December 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Not as crazy as it sounds, infact I have half thought about just ditching the lasers all together in favour of more AC20 ammo.

The only downside I can see about your suggestion, when you pop out to snap fire your AC20, you might get tempted just to stay out that extra half a second for your medium laser to fully connect, which may be just long enough for any opponent on the ball to catch you out.

On my build I use the full three ML. they're nothing to scoff at as long as you play conservatively. And theres often times where you'll have a chance to fire the lasers even if you're trying to avoid your enemies. They can expose themselves too ;) But If you're trying to focus on the AC20. I think 1 ton diverted to the head laser so you can 'zombie' is worth while. If you're concerned about keeping yourself from exposing too long. Switch to a small pulse. Still lets you zombie. Less tempation.

#17 TrooperTD-TTV

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

I run my GI with a Guass. 2 MPLS and 1ML and been doing quite well with it. Both have different playstyles but imo neither is really better than the other, they both excel, for me at least, in their own ways. G is for brawling and GI is more of a skirmisher.

#18 Blackhandsaint

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

The 4G is the superior AC/20 platform. I use this build:

HBK-4G

I stripped the arm armor because they're small (bad shields), not hit very often (everyone aims for CT or RT), and don't carry anything really important. The leg armor is a bit low because the AC/20 is placed high enough that you can conceal your legs from behind a hill or around a corner as you pop off shots. I'm of the opinion that the 3x med las is worth the tonnage because they're fantastic brawling weapons. Most of the time you'll be popping out for a quick AC/20 shot with a casual 1-2 med las thrown in (don't be afraid to break the beam early), but when someone gets in your face the med las let you fight back with a good amount of pin point damage. They also let you make the most out of unaware opponents' vulnerability.

Edited by Blackhandsaint, 01 January 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#19 The Wakelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostNapes339, on 30 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

I'm doing this since quirks.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=722a1fabe73f4dfafceebca8b4b39780cf09b6db">HBK-4G

Extra ammo to accommodate the extra ROF at the expense of speed. Still moves well and has plenty of ammo to keep pounding the enemy.

After a few days I'm saying I'm enjoying the punch. AC20 + 2ML + 74kph or so seems to work well.

View PostBlackhandsaint, on 01 January 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

The 4G is the superior AC/20 platform. I use this build:

HBK-4G

I stripped the arm armor because they're small (bad shields), not hit very often (everyone aims for CT or RT), and don't carry anything really important. The leg armor is a bit low because the AC/20 is placed high enough that you can conceal your legs from behind a hill or around a corner as you pop off shots. I'm of the opinion that the 3x med las is worth the tonnage because they're fantastic brawling weapons. Most of the time you'll be popping out for a quick AC/20 shot with a casual 1-2 med las thrown in (don't be afraid to break the beam early), but when someone gets in your face the med las let you fight back with a good amount of pin point damage. They also let you make the most out of unaware opponents' vulnerability.

Looks nice! I'll have to try it.

Edited by The Wakelord, 04 January 2015 - 04:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users