67 replies to this topic

#41 Kincade

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOn the Move

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I picked the Jenner just because I'm wanting to fill the role of a Scout for our House

(That and I have fond memories of playing as one back in MW2)

#42 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Atlas of course! if its the best for Steiner it is best for all!
ATLASES FOR ALL!
Posted Image

#43 Kai Allardo Fenix

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well i Chose the Atlas (can't have a Battlemaster instead), caus I am going for field Command, so I need a lot of armor to stay alive as long as i can for my team, and with that mech i can give them deffensive firepower if needed, and be even a shield for the support mechs like Catapult if he is attacked. If I am not going for the Commander role in a battle, than I think i will get my Centurion, or a Catapracht to hammer the head of the enemy.

P.S.: If the Clans will attack the first Summoner or Daishi is for me :P

#44 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Noord Brabant

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

The mech doesn't make the pilot, the pilot makes the mech!

#45 PepperSpray

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostSkekz, on 29 June 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

The razer artemis is the coolest looking one, but for now i'll be using my saitek. The artemis is not yet in production as far as i know but it still is cool looking. Here are some links to my favorite controllers.

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

http://www.saitek.co...rod/x52pro.html

http://www.thrustmas...hotas-warthog-0

The Artemis looks very cool. Interested Alot.

Edited by PepperSpray, 22 July 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#46 Phii Phy Pho Phum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Which mech is the best for House Davion with the founders pack

The one that will make you feel as if you want to login while you are stuck at some stupid dinner party with your babbling wife as she prattles on with the stupid ***** that invited her to her stupid party. But I'm not bitter or anything.

#47 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Once I am able to get a pack (I might miss out entirely), the Catapault is my mech. I am terrible in close range anyway, and I feel I'm pretty good in the fire support role.

I believe House Davion and the Fed Suns use Catapaults (among other mechs) for fire support, both with artillery and missiles. It's not a far stretch to say that the Catapault could fit in any House tbh. I tried looking up the manufacturer, but they were taken over by the CC after merely paying lip service to the Archon-Prince (ref: http://www.sarna.net...is_Incorporated), paraphrasing of course.

However, before that they were pumping this mech out like crazy, and I wouldn't put it past the Fed Suns military buying up a bunch for fire support lances.

#48 GlenDragon

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHighlands

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I really like the Atlas, but am looking forward to some more command and control possibilities to facilitate strategic coordination.

#49 th3 fr4gil3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 101 posts
  • Locationbristol, england, a small blue/green Planet somewhere in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Catapult just to annoy the cappellens. B)

#50 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostNaga Jones, on 10 July 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

The jenners are good, but the standard config is lacking. Instead taking the armored jenner which drops the SRM-4 for more armor makes it a truely nasty mech to face.

Personally, I hope they do bring in Hermes mechs (HER-1As, none of the Hermes IIs or Hermes IIIs)

Personally I favour the standard Jenner with an XL engine making weight available to have both the armour of the second variant and the weapons of the first.

#51 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostWilliam1984, on 22 July 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

The mech doesn't make the pilot, the pilot makes the mech!

Very true. I went for the Elite package that let me pick one mech which was a Catapult (as previous games I got on well with the heavy mechs for fire-power with speed potential) . Where it is lacking though is in close range punch. 4 Medium lasers is not much which makes being useful difficult once you run out of ammo.

#52 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postth3 fr4gil3, on 28 August 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Catapult just to annoy the cappellens. B)

I swear I'll use a Commando, just to do the same to you... shame Davions produced absolutely 0 good mechs, so I could annoy you a bit more. :angry:

#53 Valentyn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostAdridos, on 28 August 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I swear I'll use a Commando, just to do the same to you... shame Davions produced absolutely 0 good mechs, so I could annoy you a bit more. B)

Hey now! The Centurion isn't a bad mech. Plus without the Hammerhands we wouldn't have the Warhammer,.

I want a hammerhands now! until then I'll be in my Centurion.

#54 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostValentyn, on 28 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hey now! The Centurion isn't a bad mech. Plus without the Hammerhands we wouldn't have the Warhammer,.

I want a hammerhands now! until then I'll be in my Centurion.

The Centurion was designed in the FWL.

And what is the Warhammer you'r etalking about? I have never "seen" one.

But, hey, Commando performs pretty good... at least until CCAF allows me to put my hands on a shiny Raven. ^_^

#55 Valentyn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostAdridos, on 28 August 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

And what is the Warhammer you'r etalking about? I have never "seen" one.

;)

I hope they atleast include a nice reseen one, the Dev team have some good artists.

Until then I wouldn't mind an ingame Hammerhands to well, hammer you lot down a bit :)

#56 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostValentyn, on 29 August 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

I hope they atleast include a nice reseen one, the Dev team have some good artists.

Until then I wouldn't mind an ingame Hammerhands to well, hammer you lot down a bit :)

Hammerhands isn't once again in production until *****, but yes, Flying Debris does know how to draw a really nice reseen as well.

Posted Image

#57 Valentyn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostAdridos, on 29 August 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Hammerhands isn't once again in production until *****, but yes, Flying Debris does know how to draw a really nice reseen as well.

Oh wow, they censor J-had? That's rather odd. yeah I know they don't really mass produce it until then again.

Silly Warhammer taking over and then disappearing ;)

Speaking of FlyingDebris, I haven't seen a mech they've done I dislike so far. They're rather brilliant at it all. Might even make some of the other Davion mechs look nice :)

#58 BlackAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

For those who don't follow battletech or the lore that closely, if you're having trouble working out which house a Mech belongs to check out the variant designation. Generally speaking, the last letter signifies the house that deploys or (first deployed) it. eg: Atlas AS-7D.

Basically; D for Davion (Federated Suns/Fed-Com), K for Kurita (Draconis Combine), L for Liao (Capellan Confederation), S for Steiner (Lyran Commonwealth/Fed-Com), M for Marik (Free Worlds League), R for Royal (The long lost Star League/Terran Hegemony) and lastly X for Experimental.

HTH

#59 Justa Dogtrooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Cat or Jagermech, centurion suits me too

#60 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Davion doesn't favor any of the Mechs on the Founders list. They do however favor Centurion as their Medium workhorse from the general list. If they add Victor as the next Mech however that will be the favorite Assault Mech for Davion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users