Remove The Damn Turrets From Around The Gun In Cw

42 replies to this topic

#1 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

Seriously, it's hard enough defending from the gate turrets, the 40 mechs, killing the gens, taking dropship fire, and then taking fire from about 7 turrets at the gun. Wtf.

Just played a game we deserved to win, the enemy team didnt see a few of us sneak through to the gun until we started to hit it, and we all took quite a bit of damage from those turrets and one of them killed me.

pgi, stop holding the hand of the defending team.

#2 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I can't even...

#3 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 30 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Words

Hey, it's been a while. I actually haven't seen your name on the forums in some time. Good Christmas break? Ready to start off random threads about random things again, I see.

{Sarcasm Off}

Seriously. The base is being *defended*. At most, I'd advocate adding some percentage chance of the turrets missing their targets instead of auto-lock like it is now. But they don't need to be removed. You need to pilot better. It's possible to make it to Omega and have only sustained light damage in a light mech in the process.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

So the troll is back. Your cheese is not working anymore so you came here to rant, eh?

#5 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

First off there are 48 'mechs for each side unless someone crashes or just goes afk during the battle. It would be nice if the dropships were able to take damage what with them blocking the flight of LRMs but might not be feasible or even reasonable to add in that factor to damage dropships or have LRMs ignore the dropship and just fly through them.

Did you think that the turrets were going to ignore their duty to assist with the defending of the generators and the main gun? Were you expecting them to welcome you by engaging in a harmless pillow fight with candy and glitter? It's basically like Assault battles but the turrets hit harder so.. take them out as you come across them instead of ignoring them.

Seriously, it's hard enough defending from the gate turrets, the 40 mechs, killing the gens, taking dropship fire, and then taking fire from about 7 turrets at the gun. Wtf.

Nobody deserves anything when it comes to engagements.. we all earn our keep by performing well and giving our best in battle.. if you believe everything should be simply handed to you then you're going to get a hard check from reality. Again.. you come across an enemy turret or the enemy.. you try to take them out instead of ignoring them.

Just played a game we deserved to win, the enemy team didnt see a few of us sneak through to the gun until we started to hit it, and we all took quite a bit of damage from those turrets and one of them killed me.

I wish PGI would hold the hand of the defending team. Maybe then we'd win more often. Then again.. I probably should join a teamspeak group instead of dropping solo and maybe I'd stand a better chance. *shrug* I'm just happy that enemy turrets don't shoot down UAV.

#6 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

I believe that would only happen if humans were controlling the turrets which would add in a factor of error. I haven't tested whether or not a turret will risk hitting a friendly while engaged with the enemy within range but so far I haven't been able to pay enough attention to notice.

View PostRhaythe, on 30 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Seriously. The base is being *defended*. At most, I'd advocate adding some percentage chance of the turrets missing their targets instead of auto-lock like it is now.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Demonstrably incapable of understanding the game clearly.

Nothing to see here folks. Just another _______ from one of our regulars.

#8 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

missed me guys?

#9 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 30 December 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

missed me guys?

No

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

In MWO you have the TryHards, and the CryHards.

I'll let y'all decide which on the OP qualifies as.

#11 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

missed me guys?

From your complaints it doesn't seem like people ever miss you...oh you meant on the forums. :ph34r:

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

missed me guys?

Nope, not really. And your trolling has gotten worse.

#13 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

missed me guys?

Honestly, yes.

Your posts always SEEM like genuine complaints, and then, I find myself INEVITABLY typing a response, all riled up and ready to shut you down!

Then... my eyes slowly drift over... and see your name... and I curse. Freakin' got me again.

It's like a jack-in-the-box that I should see coming.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 30 December 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Honestly, yes.

Your posts always SEEM like genuine complaints, and then, I find myself INEVITABLY typing a response, all riled up and ready to shut you down!

Then... my eyes slowly drift over... and see your name... and I curse. Freakin' got me again.

It's like a jack-in-the-box that I should see coming.

Good point. Let me fire up the old "forum ignore" feature again!

#15 Mr David

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I appreciate every thread you have started 151st. I still think my favorite is the 34 kph Cataphract that kept getting lurmed. 9/10 troll power for you.

#16 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

Someone is giving those of us who keep a critical eye on the game a bad name.

That sucks, because the obviously deluded cheerleaders celebrate their condition.

Not saying that game is as bad off as it used to be, but it's never been as good as the "Heffites" claim either.

#17 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

Before CW was released, I was worrying that if both teams are even (skill, mechs, strat, basically perfectly even), the defenders have a massive advantage. But then I realized, the Clanners in general are "stronger" than IS mechs, and if the IS are defending, and Clans attacking, it should be balanced. If it's the other way around... well... it's a slaughter fest.
Someone told me that planet invasion should not be easy or balanced, and I admit, he's right. It's not really balanced if the teams are balanced. Its up to your coordination, communication and teamwork to "balance" it out.

#18 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

I can see the Turrets needing to be lessened and the Defense moved away from the gun for sure.

#19 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

You can kill the Gun from range with ranged weapons - on Sulfur from both sides c2+f2 and on Boreal from the right side f7 or so...no Turrets get you there...

#20 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

2 choices

1.)There are spots everywhere where the turrets can not hit you. Use them. This is the skill route.

2.)Remove the turrets before running in with long range weapons. This is the brain route.

Both options are common sense. Stop complaining, start adapting warrior! You bring shame to your clan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users