Remove The Damn Turrets From Around The Gun In Cw

42 replies to this topic

#21 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Dude, you forgot the made up entrance hyperbole to make it a worthy 151 thread.

THANKS PGI, I LOST 192 CW GAMES IN A ROW!

oh and inb4 Mudhutwarrior:

"yeah, the defensive turrets are totally synchdropping. don't you realize how they are always on one team together?"

Edited by meteorol, 31 December 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#22 -Wulf-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe last =FD= Dropship

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 31 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Dude, you forgot the made up entrance hyperbole to make it a worthy 151 thread.

THANKS PGI, I LOST 192 CW GAMES IN A ROW!

oh and inb4 Mudhutwarrior:

"yeah, the defensive turrets are totally synchdropping. don't you realize how they are always on one team together?"

LMFAO WOW.... Good show old man bloody good show

Im going to put this as nice as I possibly can.....

151st I read your post about chained LRMs and I have to say I went back and checked my clans logs TIS WAS I who LURMED you with my Kintaro 18 map was river city night, the day was December 1st 2014, and time stamp 7:56 pm CST. You screwed up and was in the open then got yourself lurmed to death I did you a favor and didnt even lock ya up I DUMMY FIRED then 10 minutes later your on the forums calling NERF NERF NERF NERF.....

LOL So its hard to take you seriously since 99% of your post are bitching about something. Just like this thread. Man give it up your not helping your cases. Id suggest you take a break from the forums and then take a look at yourself, rethink your ideology and then come back and state factual and concise arguments not just spouting off the top of your head.

If you dont do this then your post will forever be trolled by people who are tired of your non-sense, so please man do yourself a favor and stop this, your only making yourself look bad and that isnt a good thing.

Ya keep it up and you will probally loose your forum rites and maybe your account if too many people complain about you to PGI. Remember PGI can read your post and make the logical conclusion that you are a forum troll personality, actually most only read your posts to get a laugh.

Dude give it up... Your even being talked and made fun of on Reddit so man tread lightly, and dont get mad when you get trolled bro cause your doing it to yourself. Its now bad enough that if your seen on the battlefield you will get trolled there just so you come to the forums and whine about it.

Sorry man but someone has to give it to you straight.

Edited by Falkwulf, 31 December 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#23 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 30 December 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

I can see the Turrets needing to be lessened and the Defense moved away from the gun for sure.

It's hard to talk generally about CW because the maps are so different. But I'd definitely like to see the action moved away from the orbital cannon and closer to the gates on Sulfur rift.

Boreal vault is such a huge fiasco, I don't even know how to fix it.

#24 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 31 December 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Boreal vault is such a huge fiasco, I don't even know how to fix it.

A beginning would be to increase the distance between the two doors and block the defenders line of sight. One of the biggest issues this map has (aside of the countless small issues) is that defenders have perfect sight over both doors from the hills in the middle. You don't even need to move, you can easily cover both doors while standing on those hills.
The map needs to be wider in general.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 31 December 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

A beginning would be to increase the distance between the two doors and block the defenders line of sight. One of the biggest issues this map has (aside of the countless small issues) is that defenders have perfect sight over both doors from the hills in the middle. You don't even need to move, you can easily cover both doors while standing on those hills.
The map needs to be wider in general.

Yes, but I mean, it would probably be easier to just start over than to do something like that. Only having two gates and no other way to enter the base, it just limits your options too much to make the map interesting over time. The map has only been out, what, three weeks? And the gameplay has already grown stale.

Bigger maps with more different elements are harder to balance, sure. But they also have more room for later updates and changes, like adding cover or taking away cover where needed. Boreal Vault has a very specific vision and when it doesn't turn out to be a success it's very hard to do something about it. Even if the two doors were diametrically opposed, it would still be a pretty bad map, IMO.

#26 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

Attacking a set target is meant to be harder. If someone knows your coming or have something you want to defend you make sure it will be as easy as possible. You don't want to defend a castle in the middle of a field, you want to defend a castle with a mountain as the back yard. This way you only have to watch the front. As far as the turrets go I would remove some lasers and add srm to the mix. Not streaks just srm. I personally drop twice yesterday and we won counter attacking and defending. It's not the map or the mech it's the team you drop with.

#27 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 December 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Nope, not really. And your trolling has gotten worse.

I am SOOOOO Hijacking this thread!

Steiner, you have your Blue Fist back?!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

-ST

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 31 December 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

I am SOOOOO Hijacking this thread!

Steiner, you have your Blue Fist back?!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

-ST

the BlueFist of Justice has returned.
B)

#29 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 December 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

the BlueFist of Justice has returned.
B)

Boo.

#30 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 30 December 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Seriously, it's hard enough defending from the gate turrets, the 40 mechs, killing the gens, taking dropship fire, and then taking fire from about 7 turrets at the gun. Wtf.

Just played a game we deserved to win, the enemy team didnt see a few of us sneak through to the gun until we started to hit it, and we all took quite a bit of damage from those turrets and one of them killed me.

pgi, stop holding the hand of the defending team.

There should be more turrets when clanners are attacking! LRM, SSRM turrets as well. When a turret dies it should explode damaging anyone near-by. There should be random-fly-bys of drop ships on both sides shooting anything that isn't friendly and arty strikes and air-strikes should be auto-rejen! There needs to be land-mines that blow up on proximity damaging all mechs nearby too! When a players mechs are gone they should be allowed to drive ground-pounders or fly guided missiles into targets. If the base is going to be loss the commander should be allowed to call in a nuke to flatten everything!

..... now that's war. It should make you ask yourself why the fark you are here and whats the point.

Edited by nehebkau, 31 December 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#31 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 31 December 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

There should be more turrets when clanners are attacking! LRM, SSRM turrets as well. When a turret dies it should explode damaging anyone near-by. There should be random-fly-bys of drop ships on both sides shooting anything that isn't friendly and arty strikes and air-strikes should be auto-rejen! There needs to be land-mines that blow up on proximity damaging all mechs nearby too! When a players mechs are gone they should be allowed to drive ground-pounders or fly guided missiles into targets. If the base is going to be loss the commander should be allowed to call in a nuke to flatten everything!

..... now that's war. It should make you ask yourself why the fark you are here and whats the point.

Right. And when the dropships start actively engaging, the Galaxy Commander of the attacking Clan force decides that he has had enough of this and decides to just flatten the whole area by orbital bombardement. And no, the IS has, at the time, nothing with which to seriously respond to that. If you barbarians really want to throw in everything you have got, do not expect any quarter given in return. Are you sure that is what you would prefer?

Disclaimer: This post was partly In-Character. Please take it as such. ;)

#32 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 31 December 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Right. And when the dropships start actively engaging, the Galaxy Commander of the attacking Clan force decides that he has had enough of this and decides to just flatten the whole area by orbital bombardement. And no, the IS has, at the time, nothing with which to seriously respond to that. If you barbarians really want to throw in everything you have got, do not expect any quarter given in return. Are you sure that is what you would prefer?

Disclaimer: This post was partly In-Character. Please take it as such. ;)

Hell ya! We don't worry about honour! War is like marriage -- everyone should be unhappy and wishing they were somewhere else! When we do find your home-worlds remember that we will simply hurl nukes at you from a distance not caring if we hit anything but making sure we scorch the sky and taint the land. :)

Edited by nehebkau, 31 December 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#33 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

Me thinks the people in those funny white robes wished you the peace of blake one time too many. :P
Also, do not worry about the homeworlds, we can screw them up plenty by ourselves, thank you!
Well, it is not like the bear cares much about this particular pandoras box anymore...

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 31 December 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#34 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 31 December 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Me thinks the people in those funny white robes wished you the peace of blake one time too many. :P
Also, do not worry about the homeworlds, we can screw them up plenty by ourselves, thank you!
Well, it is not like the bear cares much about this particular pandoras box anymore...

They gave us kool-aid too.

#35 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Thought it was another light user in denial about just how OP lights are (most of them) in this game (once you remove clan ones!).

Obviously lights are too OP and used as ASSAULTS in CW...... By OP we are not necessarily talking firepower (but some get to pack a huge punch), we are talking a multitude of attributes and thx to the buffs that PGI have given them all be it from day one or over the last couple of years. No one seems to think that the hit box size , with the speed , with the armament and armour and possibility of fitting ECM is OP though. Oh and I did forget JJ too!

The current way CW is it is possible for certain lights to take out all 3 generators in quick succession (I have seen it done by an IS light ).... Clan lights just don't have the firepower or speed to do this, they would very likely shutdown from overheat anyway if they tried!

#36 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Of course be the 30t and 35t JJ Lights OP - and Firestarters be the worst bcs they have the hitboxes of Spiders and a Firepower to Weight Ratio that even excells Clan Tech.

Be it PUGMatch, be it CW, if you dont Dual-Gauss, Dual AC20, Multiple AC5s, Pulse Laser Galore you do not get them down in a reasonable Timeframe.

And when even a legged immobile "I like to face you all the time Jenner" takes 4 AC20s, 24SRM and multiple Laser Hits from other Mechs till it dies while it had already an orange non Armor CT then you know why Lights can win attacks.

The only good success i had is to take a Crab and Dual Gauss them, i had even Headshots on Lights...yet my CW Dropdeck cant carry the weight of a Crab atm so this only works for me in PUG matches.

My CW Awesome with 2 ERLL and 4 ML + ALRM15 takes Ages to damage a Light...my AC20 + 3ML HBK takes Ages, my ERLL + 3ML + MG + ECM Cicada takes Ages and my AC10 + 4 ML + LRM10+5 Thunderbolt takes Ages (yeah, none of these Mechs is a Superquirker that/or can mount a Dual Gauss/Dual AC20/Dual or Tripple ÖRPeePeePeeCee).

Dual Gauss FTW!

Edited by Thorqemada, 31 December 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#37 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

Op is bad

#38 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 30 December 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

missed me guys?

Reading this makes me want to punch someone.

I GOT BANNED FROM WRITING FOR SEVEN DAYS for criticizing PGI too much and you run around here spreading utter crap and nobody cares?!

COME ON!

Edited by Iqfish, 31 December 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#39 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostIqfish, on 31 December 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Reading this makes me want to punch someone.

I GOT BANNED FROM WRITING FOR SEVEN DAYS for criticizing PGI too much and you run around here spreading utter crap and nobody cares?!

COME ON!

OK..I'm only going to say this once, so pay close attention.

His name, 151st Light Horse Regiment, sounds reasonable and constructive ( I know, right?), while yours just sounds "iccky".

#40 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 31 December 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

OK..I'm only going to say this once, so pay close attention.

His name, 151st Light Horse Regiment, sounds reasonable and constructive ( I know, right?), while yours just sounds "iccky".

I am going to say this once, so pay close attention.

I can name myself whatever I want as long as it's not violating the CoC. If the username would be a reason to put someone on mod supervision and then simply ignore his posts, yea welcome to north korea.

But I'll take the time and explain my username to you since you were so incredible polite and friendly to me.
IQfish is actually a brand that produces diving gear and when I looked for a username to give me I was so frustrated because I couldnt find one, I just typed the name of my diving stuff in.

Im very sorry if it's too iccky for you, whatever that means

Edited by Iqfish, 31 December 2014 - 08:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users