Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Killing time is soon at hand!!!

#82 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 23 November 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Well after much blood and sweat, a website is now up for the House Kurita community in Mechwarrior Online. The address is: http://www.housekurita.org

Sweet. Well done! You're doing the HoS site next, right?

-Dave <HoS>

Edited by ShadowSpirit, 14 August 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#83 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostShadowSpirit, on 14 August 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

Sweet. Well done! You're doing the HoS site next, right?

-Dave <HoS>

Sure, then I'll have an Admin account there :lol:

#84 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

There seems to be some sort of instability today with my hosts. Its not the HK site in particular because all of my sites are going up and down all day today. Sorry about the issues, though they arent my fault, I am trying to get them resolved.

#85 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Site should be alright now. Also new icons on forums made by Mr. Hayden. :P

#86 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 18 August 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Site should be alright now. Also new icons on forums made by Mr. Hayden. :P

I told you I'd get 'em done ;)

#87 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Looks good, even coming from someone who's allied with the fedcoms. :( Just kidding Hayden, looks great!

#88 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

I guess some mercy can be shown to that particular Federat. I'll just take one leg instead of both.

#89 Swiftfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Just registered for the site and I must say it looks great.

#90 Soundproof

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

I registered and having problems logging in...is there some sort of waiting period or something to login?

#91 Baddicus Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostSoundproof, on 22 September 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

I registered and having problems logging in...is there some sort of waiting period or something to login?

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe an e-mail activation or something, I don't really remember.

#92 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostSoundproof, on 22 September 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

PM or email Paladin Brewer, he can figure out what is wrong.

#93 Soundproof

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

On my last visit I was able to login to the housekurita site, so all is well now!

#94 Hyzoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCohoes, NY

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

How come the other factions dont have Websites too? Its gonna be one-sided if we are the only organized faction :)

#95 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I am fairly certain the other factions do have a website of sorts, though they are not Pinned. I know Marik, Steiner and Liao have a house site anyway, and I think the FRR has a community site of sorts. Im not sure about Davion and too lazy to check, since once we take their space they will have to use our site as well.

#96 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Davion does have a website, though it may have last been graphically updated in 99.

#97 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I've made several changes to the site:

1) Finally removed the "Old Forums" link. Also any links for the old PM system.

2) Front page now has a "Random Users" that will show pics from our "Real Life" image gallery. Hopefully this encourages people to upload pics of their ugly mugs!

3) Front page also has the HK Teamspeak Server provided by 1st Ghost. If you click the "Join the Server" and it is your first time joining, you will need to know the password (but only the first time). To make room I deleted the Twitter feed from MWO (possible I may add it back in later).

4) Fixed some other buggy parts on front page.

Because of these changes, I now realized that the original "User Profile" I worked so hard on has now become useless, and there is no way to view other user's profiles except through the Gallery (which also will have the profile links removed soon). So, there goes that. I don't suppose the profile was that big of a deal, in any case. I will see if I can reincorporate it in the future, but for now I have edited the original post to reflect this loss.

#98 Kirala

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Great initiative and thank you for taking the time to develope this.

#99 Cthulhufish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

こんにちは

I'm interested in joining up with House Kurita so I can put my Japanese skills to "good" (mostly silly) use. And so I have an excuse to throw some kanji on my mech if they ever allow custom paint jobs. But... The Japanese Common Terms page could use some work... Looks like it was put together by someone who has watched a large quantity of anime (not an accusation), but who does not know Japanese (that's an accusation). Also, switching to standard romaji, e.g. "ikimashou" instead of "ikimasho" would be a good idea (unless that's a typo?). Including kanji would be excellent.

Also, "hai" and "iie" are really more like "agree" and "disagree", and it's maybe a little odd to use them on their own. e.g. (I'll use romaji): "Wakaruka?" "hai, wakarimasu" ("Do you understand?" "Yes, I understand"). Versus "Wakaranai?" "Hai, wakarimasen." ("Do you not understand?" "No, I don't understand"). Not that it's a great example, but the important thing is that the English flips (yes -> no), but the Japanese doesn't.

Glaringly, the entries on -san and -sama are dead wrong, unless it's historical usage, in which case I am not directly familiar. "-san" is a mildly polite honorific which you generally always use. Close friends, teachers, and children- and in feudal society, superiors- are the obvious exceptions. -sama or -dono would be used for aristocrats etc., but I don't know the particulars since it's not relevant to modern Japanese. Also missing: -kun is used (in modern Japanese) for inferiors. I know a lot of people on the interwebs think -kun is masculine. Well, sometimes it is, but some uses go for both genders. Practically speaking, I suspect mechwarriors would be using military ranks and such to refer to each other.

The emphasis on Dragons and stuff seems like the original Battletech writers maybe got China and Japan confused? I am not very familiar with Chinese culture, but I certainly don't recall seeing dragons plastered all over anything historical in Japan. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Edited by Cthulhufish, 23 October 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#100 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

House Kurita we at the Windbourne Highlanders would like a contact in your esteemed organization so please have an ambassador from all your house units come to our website http://www.windbournehighlanders.com and fill out an app so that we know who to contact. Thank you for you cooperation!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users