Boycott Cw! Reduce The Clans Weight Or Numbers Please!

Balance Social

330 replies to this topic

#321 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Another mediocre IS pilot claiming IS mechs suck.

/thread

View PostScout Derek, on 02 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

More... of this... crap...

Please... no more... you make the game smell....

View Postpbiggz, on 02 March 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

lol 17 pages of victim complex.

Sooooo. what you are really saying is you want to have your cake and eat it too. You what to be a Clanner but play by the IS rules.

All the Clanners say there isn't a problem (why give up an advantage it feels good to win 80%+ of the time).
Many if not all the IS believe the Clan mechs are better wether a specific load out is or isn't.

The IS pilots should realize that the Clanners are supposed to win, it fits with lore. This isn't a Battletech reboot where the IS wins when they should have lost. We have a little while before the IS is supoosed to start getting better. We also have a while before the Clans start softening thier rigidity.

If you want to play the Clan act like the Clan.

I am no great Mech pilot and right now I only have IS mechs, because I am playing as an IS member.
I have played a number of Clan mechs to learn thier weak points and they are more easy. I am not saying they are magic. They are just marginally better like driving a 2004 Camaro or Mustang vs. a 2014 Camaro or Mustang both good but the newer ones are better.

I don't think anyone wants to level the playing field we just want to have some uniquness to chosing a side.

It seems pointless to have a Clan invasion with a new mechs and this Idea that you are bringing honor to the Inner sphere.
You act just like any ther house already in the Inner Sphere. We might as well just fast forward to after the Jihad.

I guess I said the same thing like 3 different ways.. hopefully someone will understand. The Mechs and thier power isn't the point. It's how Clanners are suppose to operate vs. how you do.

#322 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 05 January 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

also reduce the inner sphere weights as well.

I want to reenact the Timber wolf verse Wolfhound or Direwolf verse Centurion battles just like in lore.

(if we want pure lore. unnerf the **** out of the clans... specificly the energy weapons... also make Inner sphere mechs forced to be stock because they can't be modified after they exit the factory without spending a few 10+ million c-bills on it. if you want 100% lore....)

I am a fan of lore... but this doesn't apply here...

It could cost more for upgrading to double heat sinks, endo steel or ferro fiberous armor than it does. I just did that to a Catapult wth Artemis FCS I could have purchased a Clan mech for what it cost. By 3050 what is that 12 years after the Helm memory core find, retrofit kits were availble to most everyone.

Edited by Biclor Moban, 06 March 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#323 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

I just looked at the recent patch notes.

10ton increase in IS Drop ships mech allowed weight.

Looks like PGI agrees with someone and again, they have the numbers. The Clan invasion is just going to fast for them or lore.

IMHO because Clanners are not acting like Clanners.

#324 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

OK!

So as the thread calls for the IS gets an extra 10 tons per drop against the clans in CW.

Personally, I think the tonnage should have remained the same but the Clans should have been limited to a ten man.

In any event, I will be playing CW tonight and look forward to seeing if the ten tons makes a difference.

Comments?

#325 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

It doesn't.

#326 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 03 March 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

OK!

So as the thread calls for the IS gets an extra 10 tons per drop against the clans in CW.

Personally, I think the tonnage should have remained the same but the Clans should have been limited to a ten man.

In any event, I will be playing CW tonight and look forward to seeing if the ten tons makes a difference.

Comments?

10 v 12....

1. The bitching about rewards from players would be overwhelming
2. Some IS mechs do more SUSTAINED DPS, not alpha, not alpha over time. Literally faster laser beams and refresh for much less heat. Do you propose quirks be removed?
3. I don't think you've played CW enough or in any organized fashion. There's some extremely strong IS mechs if played to their strengths.

10T should make a bit of a change I think, might see more stalker 4N DPS monsters in play now.

I played IS, and our half pug group beat the clan half pug group who are well known comp team therefore IS mechs are OP right. There's no reason for IS team to beat clan mechs when skill is equal or lower.

Edited by shad0w4life, 03 March 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#327 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 03 March 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

3. I don't think you've played CW enough or in any organized fashion. There's some extremely strong IS mechs if played to their strengths.

Kinda asking for comments on the new system in place not your uninformed opinion of my CW skills.

#328 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostApnu, on 02 March 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

Some mechs do, some mechs don't.

That's because at least half of the MWO community goes for heavy alpha, front loaded damage. Take, for example, the HBK-4G (AC20, 3xML) and the ENF-4R (AC10, 5xML). Both do the same alpha damage, but the HBK-4G is better at it because its got 20 points of damage in one location. 25 points of the ENF's alpha will be spread most of the time. In terms of brawling the HBK-4G exceeds the ENF-4R in every way.

Having said that, it is possible to take a mediocre IS mech and make it awesome. It just takes a lot of practice.

Depending on the situation Id probably be inclined to take the enforcer as it has better mobility and is less likely to lose its main weapon. If I see a 4g that is fresh or relatively fresh I immediately shoot out its ac20 torso.

View PostGorgo7, on 03 March 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

OK!

Comments?

No. 10v12 causes a ton of issues. IS vs Clans is fine just it seems IS players like playing the victim or they just have more pugs while the clans have less infighting and are more organized.

IS quirked mechs are doing just fine in 12v12 group fights

#329 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 02 March 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

The greater issue has to do with unit coordination. A well coordinated unit will defeat all clan pugs and get a split if not outright wins vs organized units.

Unless you are facing
LORDS, EMP, JDx, 228th, or SJR ... you should have a chance if you are organized, on comms and know the IS Quirk system (this is part of the problem).

I realize Night's Scorn is a more competitive unit but our overall winning percentage against the clans is around 100% against pug clans ... and I'd say 80% against Organized Clan units. The only losses I was part of were LORDS, JGx (we split most battles) and maybe a 228 drop.

My point is ... we run IS mechs and it can be done. If you want to know how, PM me or stop by the House Kurita Team Speak to learn how. This is an honest offer to help out IS pilots learn the ropes in CW and how to best face the clan invaders. We at NS absolutely know what we are doing when fighting the clans. WE do more than just light rush for the record. Other HK units win as well. We want all inner sphere units and pugs to be stronger against the clan invaders.

ts.nstalkers.com
nstalkers.com
ts3server://House-Kurita.enjinvoice.com

And DERP.

#330 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 02 March 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I think GYROK the issue is one of clan pugs vs IS pugs. Clan pugs out of the box have vastly better mechs. With IS you HAVE to know the quirk system and that system isn't obvious unless you read forums or patch notes.

just out of curiosity your saying a person shouldnt be expected to click on a mech or scroll the mouse over the mech see the LONGGGGG list of positive green quirks (lets assume its a mech with baillistic quirks) and then realize that putting ballistics on would be a good idea over putting energy weapons on it? pretty basic i would assume and not much of a learning curve.

and lets assume it says +12.5% to ac20 cooldown, the persons i would think should know to use an ac20 and not an ac2?

anyway the 10tons is a joke no matter which way you look at it....

for real i purpose IS gets 10 tons and 4 lances and clan gets 3 stars :)

#331 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

CW is fun. Boycott silly. I boycott this thread now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users