Can We Go On The Offensive?

91 replies to this topic

#61 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

As this thread starts with Mariks bragging about what they took from Steiner while we fight CJF I hope our Davion Allies continue the pressure.

#62 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostMoarginplz, on 04 January 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

You know, I've read a lot of posts about how Davion and Marik should put their differences aside and come stomp on some clans up north for Kurita, the FRR, and maybe even (ugh) Steiner. Quite frankly, I think we'd be more than happy to, if the organization was there to make it not a total waste of time. What I mean, is that leadership from those factions with a clan border is going to have to work with us to make sure that they've got organized 12-mans on the attack for the two hours prior to ceasefire, while FWL and FedSuns have organized 12-mans in the queue for defense during the same time period. Otherwise, there's no point.

I am a scrub grunt and in no position to "offer" any thing. However it's worth saying that a lot of big groups have shuffled lately and the clan border factions might be in a better place to coordinate. Why not pick a day a couple days out to try a coordinated clan rush/hold? All the is borders quiet for big teams, faceroll Clanners and see if we can get a kick to clan ass on every front. A couple days of Clanners winning nothing and losing everything would be cool.

#63 Moarginplz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Why not pick a day a couple days out to try a coordinated clan rush/hold? All the is borders quiet for big teams, faceroll Clanners and see if we can get a kick to clan ass on every front. A couple days of Clanners winning nothing and losing everything would be cool.

I'm just cannon-fodder, but I can talk to a couple of people on the Marik side. If it is going to happen, we'd probably need at least a week to herd a sufficient number of cats. How does "Operation Get Off My Lawn" strike everybody?

#64 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

How about,
Operation: If you want something done right

Where we just push north from our respective borders so we can attack the Clans ourselves and not mess with all that defending only crap.

#65 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

It's worth giving a try for a couple of days IMO. See if it's something we can make work. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent - absolutely no benefit to Marik/Davion/Liao to do so, other than giggles.

#66 Moarginplz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

It's worth giving a try for a couple of days IMO. See if it's something we can make work. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent - absolutely no benefit to Marik/Davion/Liao to do so, other than giggles.

Yeah, no way it would be permanent. I could see doing it for a weekend, if nothing else we could hope it shuts up those guys who are all "Derp, Marik and Davion don't fight teh clanze, dey don't know what teh fightz are!" That's probably too much to hope for, but I'd hate to be accused of not trying.

#67 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostMoarginplz, on 04 January 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Yeah, no way it would be permanent. I could see doing it for a weekend, if nothing else we could hope it shuts up those guys who are all "Derp, Marik and Davion don't fight teh clanze, dey don't know what teh fightz are!" That's probably too much to hope for, but I'd hate to be accused of not trying.

Honestly, it's just that one guy saying that. He is easy to ignore. Besides, if fighting the Clans was ALL THAT, then they would want to fight each other. But even Clanners hate fighting Timberwolves and Stormcrows. :D

#68 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

As with any faction, you always run the risk of welping into a comp team... but the rank-and-file Clanners are generally not very tactically proficient.

Seems the only people worse than them are the solos that pile onto the defense queues.

#69 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

I believe the greatest trick to making this work is to field a full 12 man team without the need to include PUGs. I know it can be harsh saying so, but if Marik and Davion hope to hold the line while Kurita/FRR/Steiner push north, a 12 man unit on comms stands a far better chance of pulling of Defend and Counter-Attack theatres without risking lemmings doing their own 1-man-army routine we are all familiar with.

Therefore, if we can both field say 3 units of 12 each, we could hold the tide on a couple of planets for sure.

Thoughts?

#70 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

I'm all for it when Faction grouping is in and we can mitigate the the problems caused with unfamiliar border PUGs.

On that note. To all Marik PUGs, you absolutely amaze me on how quickly you pick up the tactics and adapt to a groups needs!
Within 3 drops tonight, there were a handful mixed in that seemed as "green" as could be, we laid out the plan, they did it well, and by the third time I had a couple in the drop, they were typing out to everyone what the plan was as if we typed it in ourselves.

BRAVO!

#71 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

Thats actually really impressive. Bravo!

#72 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Well, Wazan is ours.

On to Asuncion!

#73 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

IIRC After Asuncion all we have left is Zion. Is my memory correct?

#74 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 07 January 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

IIRC After Asuncion all we have left is Zion. Is my memory correct?

No, we have quite a few planets we need to take back before we can refocus on Steiner and show them the repercussions of turret dropping when we're otherwise engaged.

#75 Scion Koga

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

No, we have quite a few planets we need to take back before we can refocus on Steiner and show them the repercussions of turret dropping when we're otherwise engaged.

Door swings both ways.

#76 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostScion Koga, on 07 January 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Door swings both ways.

So it comes down to timing, right ? :P

#77 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 07 January 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

So it comes down to timing, right ? :P

that's actually pretty witty.

#78 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Asuncion, Suzano, Kyrkbaken, Ventabren, Berenson, Wasat and then Zion.

At that point we can see if Davion wants to sue for peace or we move on towards sharing a large border with Kurita. I'm all for stopping, (with a little bit of punitive damages surrendered by them, maybe) after we take back our territory and then then focus on other.. prey... :ph34r:

We truly are making this area the Chaos March a little early.

#79 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 08 January 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Asuncion, Suzano, Kyrkbaken, Ventabren, Berenson, Wasat and then Zion.

At that point we can see if Davion wants to sue for peace or we move on towards sharing a large border with Kurita. I'm all for stopping, (with a little bit of punitive damages surrendered by them, maybe) after we take back our territory and then then focus on other.. prey... :ph34r:

We truly are making this area the Chaos March a little early.

I'm kind of jealous that you guys get to attack Davion so much. :(

#80 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 08 January 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

I'm kind of jealous that you guys get to attack Davion so much. :(

Ghost Badger, Marik, the Free World League Military and the Seraphim are always looking for good pilots, heck even bad pilots if they're fun to play with, in which to join in on this organized chaos we call the Davion / Marik front.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users