Veteran Clanners With Unusable Is Mechs (Phoenix/hero) In Cw

82 replies to this topic

#41 Deadmeat313

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationPreston - UK

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

I absolutely agree with this excellent proposal. I would like to see the UI separated into IS and Clan tabs, where the character name, C-Bills, MC and paints etc are all shared. The back of each hangar should have a banner showing the flag of one's factions, ie Liao and Smoke Jaguar.

I'd be able to use my massive collection of Inner Sphere Mechs usefully. :D

#42 Kiterios

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 January 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

No, this is a poor solution. Not accusing you/QQ of doing this, but that would absolutely build the appearance of "Oh, the QQ on [losing side] threw the match so QQ could win the world for [winning side]". It'd make a huge mess of things, and would fly in the face of immersion.

Multiple pilots under one account is the only viable way to go, IMHO.

Imo, this tactic is viable with all three proposals in this thread (multiple accounts, multiple characters per account, multiple profiles in FW tab). The only practical difference between the three is the mechanics of asset transfer/share and where the players choose which character/faction/profile they are fighting for (at login, a character select post login, or a readily accessible tab post login).

Imo, the part that I don't get about this idea is that it comes from the concept of representing a particular clan/faction 100% of the time... except not really because you also want to use IS mechs under an IS banner sometimes too, so let me have a second account/character/profile/whatever so I can fly an IS banner sometimes.

What you're describing is just faction alternation with shorter timelines (with the requested timeline being ad hoc instantaneous)...

Edited by Kiterios, 02 January 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#43 eitsch

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

I would not call myself a veteran clanner ... but i too invested in CLAN AND IS mechs ... and would really like to be able to run them both in CW.

It is totally oblivious to me why noone has thought about this before ... or maybe they thought of this and said to themselves "geez, we know this is gonna hurt but maybe they dont brag so hard about it" ... so i better start bragging now.

Please find a way (for paying customers ... or non paying customers too, i dont care) to make all of my mechs available for me to use in CW. The suggested solutions
  • creation of at least two "personas" in one account
  • one time transfer of a number of selected mechs /modules/cockpitstuffs to a new account
would be a boon for everyone who sank money in this baby. (For everyone else it would be beneficiary too, ofc :) )

#44 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostKiterios, on 02 January 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Imo, this tactic is viable with all three proposals in this thread (multiple accounts, multiple characters per account, multiple profiles in FW tab). The only practical difference between the three is the mechanics of asset transfer/share and where the players choose which character/faction/profile they are fighting for (at login, a character select post login, or a readily accessible tab post login).

Imo, the part that I don't get about this idea is that it comes from the concept of representing a particular clan/faction 100% of the time... except not really because you also want to use IS mechs under an IS banner sometimes too, so let me have a second account/character/profile/whatever so I can fly an IS banner sometimes.

What you're describing is just faction alternation with shorter timelines (with the requested timeline being ad hoc instantaneous)...
Well, it's not just faster faction switching. See, if you have two pilots in two different units, you can use either. You can't faction switch at all in a unit, (unless the whole unit switches, and even then you have no control over it).

But few units are going to be ok with you leaving the unit and rejoining it daily.

Multiple pilots allow you to have different in game personas with shared real money assets, without breaking other players' immersion.

View PostOzealot, on 02 January 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Just change your contract. Voila.
except that only really works for solo players.

#45 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostKiterios, on 02 January 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

What I'm talking about is being able to use my IS mechs that I bought prior to Clan release in CW. I always intended to be a Clan player. I joined this game during a time when the Clan Invasion was expected 3 months from when I started playing. At that time all of the talk was about Community Warfare, Clan mechs, the 1:1 timeline. When that 3 months came and went with no invasion, no Clan mechs, and a reset of the timeline, those of us who played at the time had a choice:

1) Get pissed off and stop playing the game. Some people did this.

2) Hang on with PGI, play the game that they had available, and wait patiently for what sold you on the game in the first place.

Those of us who chose option 2 chose to support the game as it was. That meant buying IS content... For a year and a half. At that time we had no indication that our investment in IS mechs would be rendered useless when CW came out. Granted, most of us didn't think about it that much, but there was no indication that all of the money we spent on IS content would be completely useless as Clan players. Is it fair that we supported the game during that time, and the content that our support bought has been thrown to the wayside because of how CW has been implemented? I don't think it is.

#46 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Yes please good idea Cal! I need an i.s. account so I have something to laugh at ;)

#47 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostCalamus, on 01 January 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Well, they're right that I am a clanner at heart, and when I have to choose, I choose Ghost Bear every time. They're very wrong in assuming that I'm ok putting hundreds of dollars to the wayside, in any meaningful way, because I supported their game before my beloved Ghost Bears were made an actual part of the game.

Although I'm a Ghost Bear, I'm not so dumb as to not see that IS mechs are also a lot of fun to play. If they were no fun, then I wouldn't have stuck around as long as I did, waiting for Clans to be added to the game. Oh, and I keep coming back to: I paid for them. Why can't I use them in the most important aspect of the game?

Personally, I could care less about all my IS mechs. Once I sat down in a Clan mech, all of my hundreds of dollars in IS mechs just felt....well...dirty... I have zero desire to ever use them again, either in CW or not. I seriously used my KGC and AS7 one single time (with several million cbills of "new" gear) just to try them out, and hated it.

On top of that, I dislike the idea that you can flip flop back and forth between "personas" and play one match as Clan, then throw the next match as IS, rinse repeat.

That being said, I support the OP, since it is not about what "I" want, but what makes the game better for the majority of players. It is also already currently possible to do the flip/flop I mentioned with two individual accounts, so that is a completely moot point.

What it comes down to is there is really no reason to have this NOT happen. In fact, it would allow PGI to monitor who is doing the flip/flopping and adjust things to compensate (at least a little better than currently).

#48 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

I have seven IS 'mechs I don't want and can't get rid of.

4 Founders 'mechs
3 recent "gift 'mechs": Centurion, Atlas, King Crab.

It would be nice to trade them for equivalent Clan 'mechs.

#49 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

No reason to be able to trade them, but you should be able to sell the founders mechs, and just destroy the gift mechs. No reason to force you to keep them, but neither should entitle you to other shiny new mechs.

#50 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostCimarb, on 02 January 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Personally, I could care less about all my IS mechs. Once I sat down in a Clan mech, all of my hundreds of dollars in IS mechs just felt....well...dirty... I have zero desire to ever use them again, either in CW or not. I seriously used my KGC and AS7 one single time (with several million cbills of "new" gear) just to try them out, and hated it.
Wierdo! :)

On top of that, I dislike the idea that you can flip flop back and forth between "personas" and play one match as Clan, then throw the next match as IS, rinse repeat.

That being said, I support the OP, since it is not about what "I" want, but what makes the game better for the majority of players. It is also already currently possible to do the flip/flop I mentioned with two individual accounts, so that is a completely moot point.

What it comes down to is there is really no reason to have this NOT happen. In fact, it would allow PGI to monitor who is doing the flip/flopping and adjust things to compensate (at least a little better than currently).
Yup. As it stands, it's actually very much easier to throw matches with a second account. Hell, you can do it simultaneously, you don't need to flip back and forth. And the "throwaway" account wouldn't risk anything - if banned, you wouldn't lose your main account and it's stuff.

With multiple personas, it would be easily traceable with automated analysis, and the player would risk everything doing it.

#51 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

I really don't think that 'flip flopping' is a concern. Anyone can create a second account right now, or in the past, and play for two opposing factions. Technically speaking, right now, a person could create a second account, and sync themselves to be on the opposing side of their own game - thus creating a 'dead' player on his opposing side. This mechanic is already in the game, and no one is taking advantage of it because it's a poor strategy.

Game throwing will look exactly like game farming does, and PGI has been pretty good at catching game farmers.

#52 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

I really would like this to be implemented in some way,..
I have a lot of IS mechs gathering dust,...

The only way, currently, to enjoy all your mechs is being in a merc unit. ...
I doubt that MWO was designed to be played as a Merc solely,....

As a side effect,.. I don't buy any IS Hero mechs or Mech packs anymore,.. Not even when on sale..
I won't be using them anyway.. I am sometimes tempted, but not using them is a very good excuse as to finally not buying them.
so it is in a sense a wise budget control mechanism 😄

But yeah,.. I like the OP's idea,..

#53 banjoe

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ohio

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

I like the OP's idea and would support it's implementation, or some form of, so I can pilot my Inner Sphere mechs in Community Warfare.

#54 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

I have very few IS mechs left since the Clan mechs became available. The only problem I see with enabling the transfer of one for one would be the serious lack of Clan mech availability. That being said, enabling one hanger for use of either Clan or IS mech in CW would be acceptable to me.

#55 HardLuck

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

I don't like the idea of moving my tech to a different account at all! But I hate the fact that I cant use my Founders, Hero or Champion mechs that I got with real money in CW! So tell me why I should continue paying for stuff that I cant use when I want to?

Here's an idea if you haven't done it already, Make the Founders, Hero's and Champions useable in CW for all and strip out the +CBills and +XP.

#56 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think this is a very valid idea (OP). The suggestion of a small fee for transfer of 'Mechs to an alternate account we create would make sense financially for PGI, in my opinion. For those of us who are dedicated to a certain faction (such as being in a unit with a permanent contract) this is a good way of allowing us to use our other 'Mechs throughout CW.

My thoughts regarding Premium Time and MC: the two accounts would be separate, but, being alternate accounts, would not be needing the PT and MC that the primary account would. If we wanted to put more money in and get those, that would be our option, but all current PT and MC would stay with the current (main) account.

Regarding those who are afraid of falsified drops with these alternate accounts, it was already said that this action goes against the CoC and as such is report-able behaviour.

#57 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Well, I think there's enough support, and ideas here that PGI should take note of it, at least.

#58 Wildcat423

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFrankfort, KY

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

Great idea!!

#59 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Really wish I could choose an IS faction for my Phoenix mechs

#60 IceWeasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

I'm not sure about the whole multiple accounts pilots/logins and what not. But an MC unloock for a High C-Bill (15million, then exponentional increase for each next teir ) of being able to play cross faction :"captured Mechs" makes more sense for me.

Maybe a clan player can spend 15million Cbills to unlock one of his drop deck spots for use with a IS mech. and as a reisk/rewqard part. ONly cross faction mech drops get somethign akin to the old REPAIR/REARM associated with that mech.

So if you're a Clan player with one slot unlocked for an IS mech. say an atlass but your team attacks or defends soundly before it leaves your ship fine. alls good. If you Drop with the atlas first and get blow away. You better expect a 80k rearm/repair bill. that said though theo ther 3 clan mechs in your drop deck to no have an R&R cost.

Just flip the whole thing for an IS drop deck.

Either allow up to 1-2 cross faction mechs.maybe the 2nd slot unlcoks at 35mC-bills something a very large step up from the first.

Because I really would like to play some of my IC mechs in CW. but I don't really want to assoicate with another faction through 2nd pilots or accounts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users