76 replies to this topic

#21 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 01 January 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Well lucky for us this is a Beta. What CI and MS are doing now probably wont be available in the final release. I expect alot of changes to CW, all for the best.

I don't see why you would think so. If an attack lane exists for a group, and all factions are composed of various units and pugs lone wolves, then it's quite possible for a smaller sub-set of any faction to use the attack lane. The only way this could be stopped is to actually implement a true "cease-fire" button that locks the attack lane, but who gets to choose if a true cease-fire exists? You? Your group? What about the other groups in your faction? If any group can unlock said feature, then your back to square one. The fact is it will likely always be available for one clan to attack another clan. From a meta perspective it is also fun to pit Clan mechs versus clan mechs. Not everyone will be playing the game the same way you are, or for the same reasons. That's the reality of all of this.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 01 January 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

trials of combat were used all the time between the different clans, even during the push to terra, the fact that mwo clans aren't fighting each other is very unclan like. just folk calling themselves warriors, and yet not proving to each other which clan truly is the best. maybe the timeline should be pushed ahead to let the "real" crusaders into the fight

I do not recall any Trial of Combat between Clans during op.Revival beside bidding for targets, but even if you were right and Trials of Combat had indeed happened, then these mercs should challenge a Wolf unit to a single Trial of Possession and stop wasting everyone's resources and time in endless useless fights, quiaff?

I would say that a Skirmish battle would be fine and in perfect Clan spirit. But than, what do mercs know about honor and Clan spirit and traditions?

#23 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 01 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

I do not recall any Trial of Combat between Clans during op.Revival beside bidding for targets, but even if you were right and Trials of Combat had indeed happened, then these mercs should challenge a Wolf unit to a single Trial of Possession and stop wasting everyone's resources and time in endless useless fights, quiaff?

I would say that a Skirmish battle would be fine and in perfect Clan spirit. But than, what do mercs know about honor and Clan spirit and traditions?

Well, MS didn't attack us and respected the CGB/CW ceasefire when they were originally with CGB at the beginning, so they at least have had some smidgen of honor.

#24 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostAresye, on 01 January 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Well, MS didn't attack us and respected the CGB/CW ceasefire when they were originally with CGB at the beginning, so they at least have had some smidgen of honor.

Thanks for the smidgen! :)

#25 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 01 January 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't see why you would think so. If an attack lane exists for a group, and all factions are composed of various units and pugs lone wolves, then it's quite possible for a smaller sub-set of any faction to use the attack lane. The only way this could be stopped is to actually implement a true "cease-fire" button that locks the attack lane, but who gets to choose if a true cease-fire exists? You? Your group? What about the other groups in your faction? If any group can unlock said feature, then your back to square one. The fact is it will likely always be available for one clan to attack another clan. From a meta perspective it is also fun to pit Clan mechs versus clan mechs. Not everyone will be playing the game the same way you are, or for the same reasons. That's the reality of all of this.

Clan attacking Clan is fine, this is about IS groups switching to Clan very easily to fight the Clans as Clans which could very easily be IS switching to another Faction in hopes to break a cease fire or create and extra attack node to another faction.

As it's been said before, the situation is just exposing some aspects of CW that may or may not have been accounted for.

#26 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostVanguard836, on 01 January 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Clan attacking Clan is fine, this is about IS groups switching to Clan very easily to fight the Clans as Clans which could very easily be IS switching to another Faction in hopes to break a cease fire or create and extra attack node to another faction.

As it's been said before, the situation is just exposing some aspects of CW that may or may not have been accounted for.

I get that IS/Clan switching is being questioned...however it was intended...in fact it was implemented specifically to allow folks to play all the mechs they bought.

#27 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 01 January 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

I get that IS/Clan switching is being questioned...however it was intended...in fact it was implemented specifically to allow folks to play all the mechs they bought.

If I had a suggestion as to a way to allow players to have their cake and eat it when it comes to that topic I would suggest it but I have nothing at the moment. For the mean time it is what it is and this "call for vengeance" is unwarranted, counter those units no matter what faction you and anyone else who reads this may be, that's all we can do at the moment. That and push hard into IS territory !

Edited by Vanguard836, 01 January 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#28 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

hmm

Edited by HBizzle, 01 January 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#29 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't appear CW has the numbers to maintain battles on multiple planets. CGB was already the most populated clan, and with the addition of the two very large merc units, their numbers are much greater. We can't attack IS and defend from CGB at the same time. So we're effectively at a stalemate every time the mercs attack CW space.

#30 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostXSurusX, on 01 January 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear CW has the numbers to maintain battles on multiple planets. CGB was already the most populated clan, and with the addition of the two very large merc units, their numbers are much greater. We can't attack IS and defend from CGB at the same time. So we're effectively at a stalemate every time the mercs attack CW space.

I have heard you have as many 12 mans as CGB, but I think I would agree with your assessment. I guess the option that leaves CW then is to decide which front to focus on. MS attacks on a Wolf planet don't stop you from pushing into FRR or Steiner...defending just that one world is a choice made by the Wolf units. That choice has certainly helped fill the coffers of MS, but no one is forcing you to do it.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 01 January 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#31 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 01 January 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

I have heard you have as many 12 mans as CGB, but I think I would agree with your assessment. I guess the option that leaves CW then is to decide which front to focus on. MS attacks on a Wolf planet don't stop you from pushing into FRR or Steiner...defending just that one world is a choice made by the Wolf units. That choice has certainly helped fill the coffers of MS, but no one is forcing you to do it.

We don't have nearly as many 12 mans as CGB. For us, it's more important to defend our space than to push out. Today we had 60+ attacking Planting, even with FRR attacking us. However once the mercs started attacking Alleghe, we didn't have enough to defend both Alleghe and attack Steiner so we had to pull away to deal with the mercs. So today CW won't see a planet taken, only defending while other clans push forward. To be honest I don't care about not being able to take planets for CW, as long as the clans are making progress as a whole I'm happy.

#32 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostXSurusX, on 01 January 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

We don't have nearly as many 12 mans as CGB. For us, it's more important to defend our space than to push out. Today we had 60+ attacking Planting, even with FRR attacking us. However once the mercs started attacking Alleghe, we didn't have enough to defend both Alleghe and attack Steiner so we had to pull away to deal with the mercs. So today CW won't see a planet taken, only defending while other clans push forward. To be honest I don't care about not being able to take planets for CW, as long as the clans are making progress as a whole I'm happy.

Sounds like you know what you want to do. I was told that Clan Wolf cared more about reaching Terra than backfield planets, but clearly that is not the case. Either way, it certainly makes for profitable games for me and my merc company, and it helps out GCB take the lead towards Terra so win win.

#33 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

I look forward to the day when a merc can be a merc.

#34 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 31 December 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Now, please make way for the Alpha Bears with all their virtual testosterone to flyyyy off the handle explaining to us how we would "Get Rekd" and stuff if we do this.

You little doggies would get your guts stomped out in a glorious fashion, and stuff, if you did this.

#35 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostbobF, on 01 January 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

You little doggies would get your guts stomped out in a glorious fashion, and stuff, if you did this.

lol nope

#36 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 01 January 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

I look forward to the day when a merc can be a merc.

So do I, then they can be paid a bonus to do the same thing.

#37 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostNoesis, on 01 January 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

So do I, then they can be paid a bonus to do the same thing.

I look forward to the day that the minimum clan contract is 30 days...see how many mercs go "hopping" to the clans after that...

#38 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

Mercs shouldn't be fighting for the clans, i myself feel slightly uncomfortable but its given me the chance to use my clan mechs in CW so theres that.
My unit extended our contract for a week while we decide what IS house to fight for and quite frankly i cant wait after seeing the behavior of some so called clanners. I'd rather dive into the cesspool that is the IS than be a part of the backstabbing skulduggery that seems to come with being with the clans.

#39 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 01 January 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Mercs shouldn't be fighting for the clans, i myself feel slightly uncomfortable but its given me the chance to use my clan mechs in CW so theres that.
My unit extended our contract for a week while we decide what IS house to fight for and quite frankly i cant wait after seeing the behavior of some so called clanners. I'd rather dive into the cesspool that is the IS than be a part of the backstabbing skulduggery that seems to come with being with the clans.

Well, it is not backstabbing...it was MS and CI trying to get Wolves to fight Bears...

The "true" GB units never attacked us...and they are model citizens among clans. The mercs are the ones trying to cause problems...

Edited by Gyrok, 01 January 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#40 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostCryonis, on 31 December 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I understand I might get some flack for saying this and I can see it might be justified. but this is the seconed day the ghost bears have attacked wolf taritory (I know its not clan ghost bear in all but a few units).

I say that enough is enough, I say that we wolfs should go on the offinsive and start attacking Bear taritory. look I want to go after the IS as much as the next claner (looks over at the Bears) but with this attackes and every one on vacation. I feel its Justified and because of this dishonerable actions, Clan Ghost Bear should give up some of there teritory to us wolf as a repermand.

P.s. Please excuse my misspellings. there is no spellcheck on this thing and my spelling is a bit atrocious. thank you.

You have to remember PGI is allowing mercs to run under Clan flags and many merc groups could care less. They prolly want to cause dissension in the clans. I really hope PGI rethinks letting mercs work for the clans. Maybe have it so that clan groups have longer contracts than IS... or make a merc unit that can just run under IS houses. I am not sure but there's a certain element to RP in these games that can't be upheld with people flipping willy nilly.

(I do realize we're still in Beta)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users