#41 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostMalekhai, on 31 December 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

I agree, during our time of conquest we should never attack one another. Once the Inner Sphere all the clans can have their petty border disputes
only as of right now, all your territory taking is for nothing lol. We cant even take capitals and the Clans can not actually take Terra lol. So at this point, all this pushing to take IS territory is for nothing. It has no real meaning.

#42 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 01 January 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

You have to remember PGI is allowing mercs to run under Clan flags and many merc groups could care less. They prolly want to cause dissension in the clans. I really hope PGI rethinks letting mercs work for the clans. Maybe have it so that clan groups have longer contracts than IS... or make a merc unit that can just run under IS houses. I am not sure but there's a certain element to RP in these games that can't be upheld with people flipping willy nilly.

(I do realize we're still in Beta)
this is also true. But with PGI letting us all buy IS and Clan mechs and than telling us we could not play both if we went Clan or IS, most Merc units went Merc because they want to play with all their mechs. And at this point, the only way to keep advancing and leveling up our Clan mechs, is to take contracts with the Clans to be able to play with those mechs. And it just happens that the larger merc units that can actually make a difference and flip planets, decided that they would have some fun while under the Clan contracts and attack other Clans to start trouble. Kind of cant blame them for something PGI caused with a system that is broken and should have been thought out better.

A lot of these Merc units would stay on the IS side if they had ways to unlock Clan mechs in CW to be played with against the Clans.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 01 January 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#43 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostNoesis, on 31 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

its funny because we still took a planet and didnt lose any...you poor mercs are having to grab at straws now

#44 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 01 January 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

this is also true. But with PGI letting us all buy IS and Clan mechs and than telling us we could not play both if we went Clan or IS, most Merc units went Merc because they want to play with all their mechs. And at this point, the only way to keep advancing and leveling up our Clan mechs, is to take contracts with the Clans to be able to play with those mechs. And it just happens that the larger merc units that can actually make a difference and flip planets, decided that they would have some fun while under the Clan contracts and attack other Clans to start trouble. Kind of cant blame them for something PGI caused with a system that is broken and should have been thought out better.

A lot of these Merc units would stay on the IS side if they had ways to unlock Clan mechs in CW to be played with against the Clans.

There is the pub queue like...you know...the game everyone played for 2+ years before CW.

That is what the clans do if they wish to use IS mechs...drop in skirmish and kill big stompy mechs...

#45 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostSickerthanSars, on 01 January 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

its funny because we still took a planet and didnt lose any...you poor mercs are having to grab at straws now

Yesterdays news. The warning regarding Steiner hasnt come into effect, the appropriate contractual changes dont really apply till after tonight as I understand.

Either way my employer is very happy with the way that the news effort is going. You see being a neutral broadcaster relaying appropriate messages to various groups I don't really mind where the chaos is, aslong as I can capatalise on it. It a very healthy relationship I find for our opportunist bandit group uninsterested in sticking flags in planets.

Credit where credit is due however, you have very admirably broken the containment and are now striking into Steiner as I cleverly redirect your interests to do so in order to be good clanners. We shall have to see how dynamics with troop movements after the rotation and steiners response will now reflect this.

But well fought and congratulations on your defense and breaking the stalemate of the last few days.

#46 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostNoesis, on 01 January 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yesterdays news. The warning regarding Steiner hasnt come into effect, the appropriate contractual changes dont really apply till after tonight as I understand.

Either way my employer is very happy with the way that the news effort is going. You see being a neutral broadcaster relaying appropriate messages to various groups I don't really mind where the chaos is, aslong as I can capatalise on it. It a very healthy relationship I find for our opportunist bandit group uninsterested in sticking flags in planets.

Credit where credit is due however, you have very admirably broken the containment and are now striking into Steiner as I cleverly redirect your interests to do so in order to be good clanners. We shall have to see how dynamics with troop movements after the rotation and steiners response will now reflect this.

But well fought and congratulations on your defense and breaking the stalemate of the last few days.

Correction:

Clan Wolf is going to Terra, that means due south...

YOU have absolutely ZERO impact on which planets we strike.

Keep telling yourself you matter...it is hilarious because you do not.

#47 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostGyrok, on 01 January 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Correction:

Clan Wolf is going to Terra, that means due south...

YOU have absolutely ZERO impact on which planets we strike.

Keep telling yourself you matter...it is hilarious because you do not.

Thanks for letting us know your back on track. Dezgra status held in review due to lack of confidence with anything said or various breaking of negociations and other pacts.

Further indications suggest the idea of pulling in Lords as you have tried to indicate in another thread as an objective. Though considering you change your allegiances so often and at the drop of a hat I'm wondering if they would be wise enough to trust you. To some extent I think they have their own agenda anyhow based on the your previous exchanges with them? ;)

Edited by Noesis, 01 January 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#48 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 01 January 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Mercs shouldn't be fighting for the clans, i myself feel slightly uncomfortable but its given me the chance to use my clan mechs in CW so theres that.
My unit extended our contract for a week while we decide what IS house to fight for and quite frankly i cant wait after seeing the behavior of some so called clanners. I'd rather dive into the cesspool that is the IS than be a part of the backstabbing skulduggery that seems to come with being with the clans.

As has been explained several times before in the posts before yours, and in the threads elsewhere, there was a conspiracy by the Surats to make the Clans fight each other by sending mercenaries into Clan Ghost Bear wearing their tags. The plan was to get us to fight one another so the Innersphere will have enough time to consolidate their forces for a counter-offensive against the Clans. Clan Jade Falcon has had their progress stalled, as have the Smoke Jags' (in fact, it would even appear, unless I am mistaken), that the Comstar Irregulars had also taken worlds from the Smoke Jaguars under the CGB tag.

Let us not forget, brothers, that CI's attacks have bought Rasalhague enough time to get some more reinforcements put together. The Crusade to Terra must continue, and our resources are better spent elsewhere.

#49 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

I thought clanners didn't use contractions!

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 02 January 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#50 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 02 January 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

I thought clanners didn't use contractions!

I didn't think they cried and moaned as much either...

#51 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostAodh, on 02 January 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

I didn't think they cried and moaned as much either...

Well at least we dont lose and run.

Onward to Terra!

#52 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostNoesis, on 01 January 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

If you think you have *any* right to even associate with a Grand Council to convene on a hearing for a dezgra declaration, you are far more deluded than even I had anticipated.

#53 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 02 January 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well at least we dont lose and run.

Onward to Terra!

Yes moving to Steiner is clearly running...or putting ourselves directly in your way. Wont be surprised if you avoid us by picking on the FRR more or going after CGB with us gone.

#54 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostAodh, on 02 January 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Yes moving to Steiner is clearly running...or putting ourselves directly in your way. Wont be surprised if you avoid us by picking on the FRR more or going after CGB with us gone.

Do not even begin to think you would be so lucky...

#55 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostGyrok, on 02 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Do not even begin to think you would be so lucky...

Lol...Looking forward to it

Edited by Aodh, 02 January 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#56 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostAresye, on 31 December 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Something's wrong with the planet picking algorithm. This will be the 3rd day in a row CGB doesn't have a Kurita planet to attack.

That would be because they don't share a border with Kurita. Now if CW didn't have a cease fire with Steiner for so long they might have a border with Kurita.

#57 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 04 January 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

That would be because they don't share a border with Kurita. Now if CW didn't have a cease fire with Steiner for so long they might have a border with Kurita.

That sentence is full of so much fail I don't even know where to start. Are you sure you're thinking of CGB and Kurita? All it takes is one glance at the map to know CGB does indeed share a border with Kurita, and Clan Wolf's expired cease fire with Steiner had absolutely no impact on CGB's ability to hit Kurita.

#58 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostAresye, on 04 January 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

That sentence is full of so much fail I don't even know where to start. Are you sure you're thinking of CGB and Kurita? All it takes is one glance at the map to know CGB does indeed share a border with Kurita, and Clan Wolf's expired cease fire with Steiner had absolutely no impact on CGB's ability to hit Kurita.

I was quoting you, and you are Clan Wolf thus I have failed because I didn't fully read your comment, you have failed because you are complaining about another Clans lack of attack lanes when your Clan doesn't use the lanes they are given.

#59 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 04 January 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I was quoting you, and you are Clan Wolf thus I have failed because I didn't fully read your comment, you have failed because you are complaining about another Clans lack of attack lanes when your Clan doesn't use the lanes they are given.

Wasn't it you guys, as in CI and MS, that were complaining about how CGB couldn't attack Kurita, and thus were "obligated" to attack Wolf?

Steiner can't attack CGB, so our cease fire (which has been over for a few days now) had no impact on the available planets CGB could attack.

It at least is reasonable for Clan Wolf to have an interest in what CGB can attack, as their lack of attack options the past week were used as an excuse to attack Wolf.

If we used our Steiner cease fire as an excuse for a lack of attack options and therefore struck with force against CGB, then it would make sense for CGB units to complain about Clan Wolf not utilizing their attack options, but we didn't.

#60 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostAresye, on 04 January 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Wasn't it you guys, as in CI and MS, that were complaining about how CGB couldn't attack Kurita, and thus were "obligated" to attack Wolf?

Steiner can't attack CGB, so our cease fire (which has been over for a few days now) had no impact on the available planets CGB could attack.

It at least is reasonable for Clan Wolf to have an interest in what CGB can attack, as their lack of attack options the past week were used as an excuse to attack Wolf.

If we used our Steiner cease fire as an excuse for a lack of attack options and therefore struck with force against CGB, then it would make sense for CGB units to complain about Clan Wolf not utilizing their attack options, but we didn't.

On the day in question Yes we could attack Wolf or FRR. I can't speak for MS but as far as CI we had orders to attack Wolf so we did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users