- - - - -

Community Warfare?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Tinker Bell

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

Heya, is there a guide on the comunity warfare thingie. And can a "single player" join in or do you need to belong to a "clan" or faction?
thank you

#2 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

single players can, you do need to be part of a faction/clan (by selecting it) but not a unit (group of people)

#3 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

I'd recommend not going into CW right off the bat if you're new. Get some mechs kitted out and mastered first.

#4 Attackmack

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

If I join a faction, will it have any restrictions to what I can and cannot do during the contract (7 days)?
Aside from gaining progress with other factions of course.

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostAttackmack, on 01 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

If I join a faction, will it have any restrictions to what I can and cannot do during the contract (7 days)?

For CW warfare matches - you will be limited to either Clan or Inner-Sphere chassis only
(as neither would have ready supply to the other's mechs yet - as well as balance reasons)

Other than that - no
And even that only applies to the CW matches themselves
(Public game matches you can use either)

#6 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

when you join a faction (there's no if when it comes to CW- i've been lone wolf forever but had to sign on with-in my case- marik to do CW) you will see a list of worlds where players who have signed on with a faction can choose to attack or defend with numbers next to them saying how many people are queued up for each world. so if you see a world with 0 attackers and 0 defenders listed and another showing 60+ of each- pick the 60+ planet.

as long as you are under contract you can only fight on those selected planets (any IS player hopwever can help fight the clans so you may see worlds listed to defend that aren't part of your faction). but once your contract is up you are free to sign on with any other faction and a different set of planets will become available. if you dislike your current faction you can break the contract at some sort of penalty- never done it so not sure what the penalty is- and then you're free to sign on with anyone else again.

Edited by Tanar, 01 January 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#7 Attackmack

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info lads!

#8 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostAttackmack, on 01 January 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Thanks for the info lads!

metamechs.com
Kinda the current guide to what is going on with tier lists...if you are so concerned.

If you do wish to do CW, you will very likely ant to run a meta build, to save frustration for yourself and your team.

In a small nutshell:

Clans, trial Scarecrows, Timberwolves, Direwhales, kitfoxes will carry you far. Hellbringer is decent

IS: Lights- FS, Jenner, Spider
Medium- HBK-G/J, Shads, Griffin, Treb(for LRM only...LRM is quite inefficient and is a tactical niche), Cent Wang/AH.
Heavy: Cataphract 3D, THUNDERBOLTS!!! Get 3, 5SS(mpl boat), 9s(ERPPC God that scares Clanners) 9SE(LPLx4=not bad)
Assault: Staler/Misery, Banshee E, King Crab(if you want to spend $ - it can tank and boat Dual Heavy ballistics)

#9 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

So I don't get it. I have been sitting in Ques all day for CW and it just sits there issuing orders to players. No drop, no nothing just waiting.

I once let it sit for an hour today alone and nothing. So either NO one is doing it which makes it a bust. Or it is broken which makes it par for the course from PGI.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostSayyid, on 01 January 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

So I don't get it. I have been sitting in Ques all day for CW and it just sits there issuing orders to players. No drop, no nothing just waiting.

I once let it sit for an hour today alone and nothing. So either NO one is doing it which makes it a bust. Or it is broken which makes it par for the course from PGI.

There's X number of players at any one time. Said players are divided unevenly across 6 IS factions and 4 Clan factions.
Players here and players there are going to places to attack and defend. Some planets are getting ignored entirely (Liao + Marik border for example is not fighting even though planets are going because Liao and Marik agreed to a cease fire.)

While some factions are fighting on two lines, some are fighting on 3, 4, even 5 separate fronts.

And on any specific planet, a total of 24 players need to be there with 12 defending and 12 attacking for it to work.

-----------

All this said...
You're not shown as even having chosen a faction -- you couldn't have possibly gotten into a queue in the first place. Unless you senselessly quit -- but even then with a two day notice preventing you from fully terminating the contract immediately, you'd have to have last tried it exactly two days ago for you to count as a lone wolf again rather than today.

You'd need to choose a faction. Scroll through them, some are paying extra due to being undermanned.

Liao needs people, it's paying 100% more than most factions, and funny enough Davions are plentiful! This means you'll always be under attack, meaning you'll always know exactly where the action is, on the Davion border, with instant attackers. The issue is getting enough Liaos on the defending side.

This has been posted elsewhere several times but it is the last CW match I posted a video of.
(Which I've been wanting to post another, had a great match about a week ago and for the life of me I can't seem to find if I already converted it to upload or not...and my raw files don't have it).

Edited by Koniving, 01 January 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#11 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 01 January 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

For CW warfare matches - you will be limited to either Clan or Inner-Sphere chassis only
(as neither would have ready supply to the other's mechs yet* - as well as balance reasons)

Other than that - no
And even that only applies to the CW matches themselves
(Public game matches you can use either)

*That part is not true, as the Clans have many IS mechs on hand refitted with Clan tech. They are just only for second line use. Like defending against counterattacks at bases. (Hint, hint)

#12 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 January 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

There's X number of players at any one time. Said players are divided unevenly across 6 IS factions and 4 Clan factions.
Players here and players there are going to places to attack and defend. Some planets are getting ignored entirely (Liao + Marik border for example is not fighting even though planets are going because Liao and Marik agreed to a cease fire.)

While some factions are fighting on two lines, some are fighting on 3, 4, even 5 separate fronts.

And on any specific planet, a total of 24 players need to be there with 12 defending and 12 attacking for it to work.

-----------

All this said...
You're not shown as even having chosen a faction -- you couldn't have possibly gotten into a queue in the first place. Unless you senselessly quit -- but even then with a two day notice preventing you from fully terminating the contract immediately, you'd have to have last tried it exactly two days ago for you to count as a lone wolf again rather than today.

You'd need to choose a faction. Scroll through them, some are paying extra due to being undermanned.

Liao needs people, it's paying 100% more than most factions, and funny enough Davions are plentiful! This means you'll always be under attack, meaning you'll always know exactly where the action is, on the Davion border, with instant attackers. The issue is getting enough Liaos on the defending side.

This has been posted elsewhere several times but it is the last CW match I posted a video of.
(Which I've been wanting to post another, had a great match about a week ago and for the life of me I can't seem to find if I already converted it to upload or not...and my raw files don't have it).

You are assuming that I am not using a different name in game. [Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 01 January 2015 - 03:02 PM.
It means play nice, and duplicate accounts are bad, mmkay?

#13 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostSayyid, on 01 January 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

You are assuming that I am not using a different name in game. [Redacted]

Why did you edit my post, and who said it is a DUPLICATE account. I just said I am not using the same account that I login into the game with.

Does change the fact the other guy is wrong.

#14 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

Im a little confused about it too, if it's the inner sphere vs clans then why can't i go attack on Waldorff with the Steiner forces. Or is it you attack/defend planets that PGI wants you to attack or defend?

#15 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

you can only attack/defend the planets listed in the little box on the top right of your screen. if waldorff was listed there then you could attack or defend it depending on whether there's a sword (attack) or shield(defend) next to it. otherwise it's not allowed. also as liao you can only defend IS worlds from the clans on the steiner front (or FRR or Dracs/kurita).

also since it's beta mode PGI is limiting the available worlds to go after for now- it may or may not open up more worlds to do stuff on as they build on it.

#16 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostSayyid, on 01 January 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

Why did you edit my post, and who said it is a DUPLICATE account. I just said I am not using the same account that I login into the game with.

Does change the fact the other guy is wrong.

the overwhelming majority of people use the forums with the same account that they are using in game,so that is an assumption that most of us would make.
duplicate account usualy refers to a second account, it does not literally mean an exact copy of your account

the "[Redacted]" thing seems to happen when the forums profanity filter thinks you are trying to swear, so that post was most likely automatically edited with no human involvement.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 02 January 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#17 Magnus Zalman

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread over a little subject like this and im sorry if this has already been addressed

But does anyone know what "dropship range 160/240" means in the attack screen in CW

#18 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostTzar Zalman, on 04 January 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

I didn't want to start a new thread over a little subject like this and im sorry if this has already been addressed

But does anyone know what "dropship range 160/240" means in the attack screen in CW

Minimum tonnage of all 4 mechs in your deck needs to be 160, and maximum is 240.

View PostCzarr, on 02 January 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Im a little confused about it too, if it's the inner sphere vs clans then why can't i go attack on Waldorff with the Steiner forces. Or is it you attack/defend planets that PGI wants you to attack or defend?

You can only attack planets bordering Liao in this case, but you can defend all factions from clan invasion. Remember the IS is not unified, and so you have no stake in helping Steiner attack the FRR, Marik, Davion, or the clans. You are a Liao player, and your priority is to defend Liao. Or defending against the clans.

This was a mechanism put in to make faction choices have actual bearing on the player. CW has Roleplay elements in it, and so you are a Liao player being sent around by Liao command. Where do you think the Capellans will send you? To help the Lyrans, or the CCAF itself?

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 January 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

the "[Redacted]" thing seems to happen when the forums profanity filter thinks you are trying to swear, so that post was most likely automatically edited with no human involvement.

Or in this case, when a moderator edits the post to remove sections that violate code of conduct.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users