The Irony...

77 replies to this topic

#41 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

I see that as unlikely. Cant run your A-Squad meta team all day.

#42 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 02 January 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

I see that as unlikely. Cant run your A-Squad meta team all day.

We don't need to though. Wolf has been unable to run up the score the last two nights. Doubt they will going forward.

#43 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

If that is all you intend to do so be it, I do not see you taking any ground on our side any time soon. On defense with IS meta, ERPPC perked out builds its easy to sit and have a turkey shoot. Attack us and you will face similar tactics. Unfortunately the clans have no light mechs that can run through a wall like that quick enough to make a difference. Hopefully we eventually get something...

#44 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

I honestly do not see a viable counter move to that situation, however there are other situations in which I feel the clans do have advantage. Obviously this is not anywhere close to a finished product. You guys bested us twice tonight, but both time we were able to tie you up for almost the entire 30 minutes. After the holidays are over things should get back to normal, player count especially I am hoping.

#45 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

We did not attack Wolf today by choice. Wolf, and specifically CWI and CWDG, chose to attack Steiner and we defended Steiner planets.

You should focus on FRR for the foreseeable future.

Edited by HBizzle, 03 January 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#46 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

We have no A team, we have a lot of good players, and we can build up to 5 12 mans full of good players. We will have great games against you in a near future.

#47 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 03 January 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

We have no A team, we have a lot of good players, and we can build up to 5 12 mans full of good players. We will have great games against you in a near future.

Well thats all one could ask for, fun and fair games, no cheez eh :)

#48 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 03 January 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

I honestly do not see a viable counter move to that situation, however there are other situations in which I feel the clans do have advantage. Obviously this is not anywhere close to a finished product. You guys bested us twice tonight, but both time we were able to tie you up for almost the entire 30 minutes. After the holidays are over things should get back to normal, player count especially I am hoping.

Ummm we dont try and win fast we want kills and cbills, planets/tears are just gravy

#49 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Ummm we dont try and win fast we want kills and cbills, planets/tears are just gravy

Wolf tears are gravy, and Merc tears are salty.

Gravy>Salt

Wolf>Mercs.

Thread over.

#50 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Wolf tears are gravy, and Merc tears are salty.

Gravy>Salt

Wolf>Mercs.

Thread over.

why would we be salty? number one unit in CW, insta ques all day and rolling in dem cbills yo

#51 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

#52 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 02 January 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

We leave waiting queues after long minutes (no less than 15-20) of pointless waiting even on 60+/60+ planets simply because we don't have anyone to fight with. If you either lack knowledge or understanding to acknowledge that, fine by me, but that doesn't mean you are right. Keep that in mind please.

Meh, thats why we need AI mechs and other stuff, so that way there can be lots of battles on lots of planets all the time every day. The current CW really doesnt feel like any kind of serious invasion, seeing as everyone can only fight on 1 or 2 planets at a time...with AI mech armies there could be fights anywhere and everywhere.

Ofc, it might be little more then a autowin, given the AI is not likely to beat players, but it would be awesome to face them...maybe they could give the AI endless respawns lol...

#53 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'm not sure having a conflict on every bordering system would be a viable solution. If that were the case CW would be over in months, with either the clans being forced out of Inner Sphere or Terra being conquered. The current format is the best solution if they want to keep the progression of the invasion somewhat parallel to the timeline of Battletech.

I would like to see AI though!! Would be great. They already have turrets programmed, so I don't think it would take much than teaching a turret to walk, patrol, assault an objective, stick in formation, etc. It would be great for cw, no more waiting in 10 minute queues for a dry run. ^_^

#54 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Hybrid, I hate to point this out, but you are not the number 1 unit in CW, at best, you are the most populated unit in CW, allowing you to drop multiple organized teams on a single planet which overwhelms most other organized resistance as you steam roll over pugs on the back end. This doesn't make you number 1, it makes you China...not that there's anything wrong with China...just rue the day when they decide to "expand". You have taken a lot of planets though so if that's the metric you are measuring by then kudos and good luck on your journey.

Edited by Pat Kell, 03 January 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#55 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 January 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hybrid, I hate to point this out, but you are not the number 1 unit in CW, at best, you are the most populated unit in CW, allowing you to drop multiple organized teams on a single planet which overwhelms most other organized resistance as you steam roll over pugs on the back end. This doesn't make you number 1, it makes you China...not that there's anything wrong with China...just rue the day when they decide to "expand". You have taken a lot of planets though so if that's the metric you are measuring by then kudos and good luck on your journey.

Pat the scoreboard begs to differ, and we tagged 4 planets yesterday while only having 2 1/2 12 mans at any one time. Lot bigger units out there doing poorer then us.

#56 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 03 January 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

We did not attack Wolf today by choice. Wolf, and specifically CWI and CWDG, chose to attack Steiner and we defended Steiner planets.

You should focus on FRR for the foreseeable future.

Nope...we are going south, we must attack Steiner...you CHOSE to attack us rather than just defend your own planets...

#57 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostGyrok, on 03 January 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Nope...we are going south, we must attack Steiner...you CHOSE to attack us rather than just defend your own planets...

That is a lie. You guys attacked us on Sieduts last night, and CWI attacked us during the day. .

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 03 January 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

That is a lie. You guys attacked us on Sieduts last night, and CWI attacked us during the day. .

You are between us and Terra...what do you expect?

#59 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

CWDG vs MS in a 12 man Team D match up. No mech restrictions other than 3 true lances per side( 1 of each weight class per lance).

I might not even be in on it as I am a new recruit, but lets get this setup when everyone has extra time.

#60 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 03 January 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

CWDG vs MS in a 12 man Team D match up. No mech restrictions other than 3 true lances per side( 1 of each weight class per lance).

I might not even be in on it as I am a new recruit, but lets get this setup when everyone has extra time.

We could do it during the ceasefire?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users