• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 03 January 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

We could do it during the ceasefire?

This would be cool, someone record it :)

#62 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 03 January 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

I honestly do not see a viable counter move to that situation, however there are other situations in which I feel the clans do have advantage. Obviously this is not anywhere close to a finished product. You guys bested us twice tonight, but both time we were able to tie you up for almost the entire 30 minutes. After the holidays are over things should get back to normal, player count especially I am hoping.

"Tying us up" for 30 mins right after cease fire isn't all that important or special. We bested you handily and if we we're in a hurry, there would have been a spawn camp and wolf tears wouldve fallen by the bucket.

#63 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 03 January 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

If that is all you intend to do so be it, I do not see you taking any ground on our side any time soon

Looks like we took ground very soon...

#64 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

What scoreboard? the one that shows who took which planets? You realize that the name posted to it is based off of who sends the most players to attack or defend that planet right, so regardless of how many people you sent in, if you got your name on the planet, you sent more than anyone else (and won). Not saying you guys aren't doing well here, but you are doing a lot of pug stomping now that QQ, Lords and others went to fight elsewhere. And please don't suggest that KCom is any threat, we have 17 members total and are rarely even able to field (1) 12 man let alone 2 1/2. Are good fights when we do manage to field some people against you though which is all I really am looking for. Don't care about planets, just want to have fun.

I imagine you will take plenty of our planets simply by force of numbers alone. The best players in CJF may be able to stop you from time to time in a random match but we can't put out the sheer volume of players that you have so for now, I am just looking for good fights and will see what happens next week.

Edited by Pat Kell, 03 January 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#65 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 January 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

What scoreboard? the one that shows who took which planets? You realize that the name posted to it is based off of who sends the most players to attack or defend that planet right, so regardless of how many people you sent in, if you got your name on the planet, you sent more than anyone else (and won). Not saying you guys aren't doing well here, but you are doing a lot of pug stomping now that QQ, Lords and others went to fight elsewhere. And please don't suggest that KCom is any threat, we have 17 members total and are rarely even able to field (1) 12 man let alone 2 1/2. Are good fights when we do manage to field some people against you though which is all I really am looking for. Don't care about planets, just want to have fun.

I imagine you will take plenty of our planets simply by force of numbers alone. The best players in CJF may be able to stop you from time to time in a random match but we can't put out the sheer volume of players that you have so for now, I am just looking for good fights and will see what happens next week.

This is probably why i quoted AndrewOsis and not Pat Kell....

#66 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Apologies Aodh, was referring to Hybrid's response to me about a scoreboard comment he made. If I was a little more computer savvy I would figure out the quote button :). Every time I hit it, it is blank and won't post the quote.

Edited by Pat Kell, 03 January 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#67 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 January 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Apologies Aodh, was referring to Hybrid's response to me about a scoreboard comment he made. If I was a little more computer savvy I would figure out the quote button :). Every time I hit it, it is blank and won't post the quote.

Its all good Pat. We like y'all and you guys have good pilots.

#68 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 03 January 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

This would be cool, someone record it :)

They know where to find us. If they don't happy to give directions.

#69 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

Actually the real irony is that it's Lords who will be the saviors of the Inner Sphere stopping the advancing Ghost Bears, the clan that is the closes to Terra right now.

#70 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 04 January 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Actually the real irony is that it's Lords who will be the saviors of the Inner Sphere stopping the advancing Ghost Bears, the clan that is the closes to Terra right now.

Except Lords didn't tag the planet GB lost today.

#71 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostHBizzle, on 04 January 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

228th is just some scrub unit, that is why they got confused...

#72 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:02 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 04 January 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

228th is just some scrub unit, that is why they got confused...

Awww don't be such a downer... now you made me feel bad for them...

PS. Congrats on the planet xD

Edited by Apostal Sinclair, 04 January 2015 - 04:03 AM.

#73 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostHBizzle, on 04 January 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

they haven't taged a planet in a long time. Maxies was the once one they tagged and that was on dec 12th. Maybe they just push hard for like an hour or so and call it a day, who knows?

#74 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 January 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

All good, I'm sure we're all used to a buggy UI by now ;-)

Edited by Aodh, 04 January 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#75 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 03 January 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Meh, thats why we need AI mechs and other stuff, so that way there can be lots of battles on lots of planets all the time every day. The current CW really doesnt feel like any kind of serious invasion, seeing as everyone can only fight on 1 or 2 planets at a time...with AI mech armies there could be fights anywhere and everywhere.

Ofc, it might be little more then a autowin, given the AI is not likely to beat players, but it would be awesome to face them...maybe they could give the AI endless respawns lol...

Depends if the AI units get the same AI as the Turrets or drop ships they wouldn't need to respawn much at all. The turrets and dropships have a 100% hit chance. So as you can see with that kind of hit ratio getting into base will be very hard.

View PostRepasy, on 03 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

I would like to see AI though!! Would be great. They already have turrets programmed, so I don't think it would take much than teaching a turret to walk, patrol, assault an objective, stick in formation, etc. It would be great for cw, no more waiting in 10 minute queues for a dry run. ^_^

You would still most likely wait 10 minutes before a match with AI unit, simply to allow a real team to drop instead.

Edited by Mao of DC, 04 January 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#76 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 04 January 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

You would still most likely wait 10 minutes before a match with AI unit, simply to allow a real team to drop instead.

I was thinking more along the lines of waiting 3-5minutes max, and any empty spots being filled by AI. Having to wait 10 minutes sucks, especially when I could be playing a regular match within that time frame... Alas, the current game mechanics do not allow this...

EDIT:

View PostMao of DC, on 04 January 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

turrets and dropships have a 100% hit chance.

Perhaps the mech AI's could be taught to be less accurate. I think it's all a matter of how they decide to program the AI. Rather than targeting a mech, the AI mech could target a point/box that moves with the targeted mech, but this target would move in an elastic way. So, if the player mech moved erratically (zig-zag, torso twerk, etc.), the elastic target reticle would bounce back and forth a bit to the sides of the mech. I think this could best emulate how we as humans target in the game. After all, yes, we're not 100% accurate, our choices have to be relayed from the brain to the arm, hand and fingers. If they had this sort of elastic aiming structure in place it's just a matter of fine-tuning the constant that determines acceptable reaction time. I wouldn't mind this AI aiming system even being considered for the dropships and turrets too!

Edited by Repasy, 04 January 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#77 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostIsaAurinkoinen, on 02 January 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

MS if you want to fight more wait less, take contract from some smaller faction, for example FRR or Liao. Big unit like MS would balance situation nicely.

Lol they left FRR and joined Ghost Bear, than left Ghost Bear and joined Steiner, than left Steiner and joined FRR. Their only purpose it to formant discord wherever they go.

#78 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:22 AM

umm, as far as i know, MS was never FRR.
1.: GB
2.: Davion.
3.: Steiner

and now back to GB, as far as i know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users