- - - - -

Any Reason To Keep All Three Variants Of A Clan Mech?

25 replies to this topic

#21 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

Here's something I forgot to mention:
Running identical set ups on multiple mechs.

When I was leveling my Kitfoxes, I got into a poptart phase so to speak. So I had the last 2 running as 2xERPPC+ECM+Advanced Zoom.

I would jump into one, and either finish the match or die. If I die, especially early, and having nothing else to do while farming for C-Bills, I just quit the match, and jump into the other one. Same set up, performance unaffected, and by the time I was done, both mechs are getting lots of XP with little to no thought needed into creating separate distinct loadouts for them (at least until I started eliting them.)

#22 Maj0r Gl0ry

• Pip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hard Points?...maybe

#23 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Holy Moly Major Necro...

#24 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

yep in before the Necro Lock Posted Image

#25 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostTor Jorgensson, on 01 January 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

As in the title, is there any reason, now that I have leveled all three Kit Foxes to Master, that I would need to keep all three CTs?

It will, of course, be awhile before I have enough to buy my next Clan mech trio to level, and while I would love to stick with my beloved Jade Falcon theme and buy Summoners (or Hellbringers if they are available for C-bills by then), it seems that most people here might recommend Stormcrow or Timber Wolf as a next step up.

It sounds like you are not familiar with the skill system that came out this past Spring. You no longer need three mechs of a chassis for any purpose unless you want them. There is no such thing anymore as "Mastering" a mech, unless by that you mean activating 91 skill nodes on the mech. In fact, your question sounds almost as if you have not played in quite awhile.

One big reason to NOT sell mech variants is that if you have skilled them up you will irrevocably lose the value of the skill nodes you unlocked, which cost a minimum of 800xp and 40,000 C-bills each. So selling a fully skilled mech is a lot of wasted XP and c-bills. Not worth it. If the mech is not skilled then it's less costly to see -- but if you "mastered" your mechs they would be fully skilled if you converted your skill points. (Again, it sounds like you haven't played lately or you would have done this.) In less than a year I ended up buying back a mech I sold because I did not realize the value of its quirks at the time I sold it (I was too inexperienced a player). It's not worth the little bit of C-bills you get.

#26 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostSerpentine Shel Serpentine, on 14 September 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

It sounds like you are not familiar with the skill system that came out this past Spring.

Do note the date of the post... 2015. We are in 2017 currently. Someone performed necromancy on this thread...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users