#21 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Anyone see a clan emblem next to my name?

Didn't think so.

The TBolt Meta is becoming as broken and boring as the old poptart meta, especially for CW. We get it, you don't want your precious new uber lightning gun nerfed because you are getting good stats.

Get them with a non broken mech.

Or perhaps, instead of boating it, people will mount a pair of them and other more balanced weapons?

Crazy thought, I know.

Easy there skippy. The OP is a dirty clanner. Its not always about you. :P

#22 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

I don't know how others make it work so well, other than just vomiting only ERPPC with no other weapons in it.

If you try to make a reasonable build (it does have some good regular laser quirks and DUAL AMS) they just don't work.

I decided to wipe the dust off mine that was given out way back from last April-22 as a free mech, and give it a try using a similar build I used back then, and I just got smoked over and over in it.
Replaced the PPC's with ERPPC's.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bae825a10cc7ea1
or this
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=155&l=96190ad73c4ff9822364e3f6a807e998b71679f3

Back in the day, 2 regular PPC's with an AC-5 backup made for a considerable threat, now its just a joke.

Far as I can tell, this now operates the same way as the Ilya does with 3 AC-10, just alot hotter with some extended range.

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostMister D, on 02 January 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Far as I can tell, this now operates the same way as the Ilya does with 3 AC-10, just alot hotter with some extended range.

That "some range" almost doubles max AC10 range, BTW. Plus the quirked ERPPC has 250 more speed than AC10, with no bullet drop. Also, the 9S ERPPCs are mounted much higher than Ilya's Triple AC10s so less exposure is another plus.

View PostGolden Vulf, on 02 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

I see a lot of people complaining about the OP Timberwolf but no one ever says what makes it OP.

Timberwolf is OP due to broken hitboxes + cheat-jumping as well as benefiting from every advantage the Clan tech affords it. The torsi hitboxes definitely need some rework.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#24 MechWarrior9376871

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

Disingenuous for the poor poor clanners to cry because the Inner Sphere has a single weapon with the same range as clan weapons. The ERPPC is the only long range weapon IS have.

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

View Post911 Inside Job, on 02 January 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Disingenuous for the poor poor clanners to cry because the Inner Sphere has a single weapon with the same range as clan weapons. The ERPPC is the only long range weapon IS have.

We are not complaining about the ERPPC. We are complaining about the 9S ERPPC quirks. There is a difference.

#26 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

ROFL

It's hilarious that people complain about the TDRs. For so long, they were a unicorn Mech. Now they're back and the Clanners don't like that.

I guess they don't like us having a Mech that can match theirs. :)

Anyways, I own all four TDRs and none of mine run ERPPCs. I run dual AC/5s on the 5S and the 9S, and other unique builds on the other two Mechs. Personally, I think it's great to see TDRs making a comeback, but the quirks are not interesting enough to make me run a cookie-cutter build. I'll maintain my individuality, thank you much.

That being said, I don't see very many ERPPC ones outside of CW. All I ever see in the normal Modes are the wubbers (Another cookie-cutter type I don't run).

What it boils down to, is that the Clanners want easy victories. Now they have an adversary that can fight them at range and hurt them, and they're not liking it.

Get over it. Welcome to the Inner Sphere. Hope you don't have plans to stay.

#27 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

The TBolt Meta is becoming as broken and boring as the old poptart meta, especially for CW. We get it, you don't want your precious new uber lightning gun nerfed because you are getting good stats.

Get them with a non broken mech.

That's just it Bishop, you've hit the nail on the head. The reason why balance is off in gameplay is because there's a stupid number of people who will always run the most broken, cheesiest builds in order to win or get better stats. It's why I've had trouble playing multiplayer games in recent times, there are so many metanerd hardasses.

The problem is partially the quirks, but also the fact that way too many people playing MWO are THAT GUY who will run these things. At least in other games, the percentage of players who are THAT GUY is much lower.

#28 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

I run a 9s and 9ss if you nerf timbers and fix the hit boxes on crows at the same time I would be fine with a 9s erf. If not I need something to counter them.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 02 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#29 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

View PostTechorse, on 02 January 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

The problem is partially the quirks, but also the fact that way too many people playing MWO are THAT GUY who will run these things. At least in other games, the percentage of players who are THAT GUY is much lower.

That is entirely untrue, it's just that other games tend to do a better job in separating people who play effectively versus people who don't.

Play a game of LoL, Dota, or Starcraft some time. See how people will blast you for not doing the proper builds.

You will never prevent people from wanting to play meta. People drive much fun from finding the most effective things to do in a game and being competitive with each other. What you can change is how diverse that meta may be.

Edited by Krivvan, 02 January 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#30 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

PGO shouldn't have ever did weapon specific quirks. Geral quirks would've been better or had them be a range of weapons. You get strong armed into taking what PGIs meta is instead of having variance.

#31 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostRipnfly, on 02 January 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Varience in builds and styles is what keeps this game fun.

MECH WARRIOR ERPPCS BATTLES is really just not fun.

Then the solution is to fix the quirks on the other mechs to encourage diversity. But as of now, the Thunderbolt 9S is the only mech that can stand on equal ground with the hords of Stormcrows and Timberwolfs.

Another factor is the lack of viability of ammo based mechs in CW. Fix that problem, and you will definitly see more Jaggermechs and Cataphracts in CW.

Edited by Farix, 02 January 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#32 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 02 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

I see a lot of people complaining about the OP Timberwolf but no one ever says what makes it OP.

75 ton mech with the right upgrades which puts it above the Summoner. It goes 89 KPH and has an insane torso twist and turn rate helped by JJ. The hardpoints are versatile letting it run laser vomit, ERLL, gauss, and SRM builds.

Really though, what pushes it into top tier is the JJ and maneuverability, which are advantages that aren't helpful unless you know how to use them. Use them, and the Timber becomes far more durable than a theoretical mech with the exact same armor and hitboxes but without JJ.

#33 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

I find the all Thunderbolts filled to the brim with lasers much more hilarious

It's all "pew pew" lasers in your face!!!"

Timberwolves are fun, everytime someone sees one it's either "send in our own Timberwolf!" or "****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, everyone focus fire on the Timberwolf before he kills every single one of our assualt and heavy mechs."

Peace be upon you,
The Space Pope

Edited by Merlevade, 02 January 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#34 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 02 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

That is entirely untrue, it's just that other games tend to do a better job in separating people who play effectively versus people who don't.

Play a game of LoL, Dota, or Starcraft some time. See how people will blast you for not doing the proper builds.

This only proves my point. Who the hell cares what you build if you're trying to have fun playing a game? That's the point of games, is it not, entertainment? Basically what you've said is that people who "want to have fun" need a separate playpen from the "big boys" playing the game "correctly."

With all due respect, no. The primary function of games is to enjoy them, and if you only get enjoyment by playing meta and winning, something's up.

#35 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

From my personal experience, the ice ferret with 2 ER Large Lasers with armor only stacked on the left side is a good counter to these er ppc thunderbolts, because with it's speed, and no travel time in it's projectiles because lasers are instantaneous, it makes for the perfect counter to these mechs in my opinion in Community Warfare and perhaps pug matches, haven't personally tested in in pug land, but it's sure is a good first drop in CW.

#36 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 02 January 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

I think you're forgetting that the most of any class a group can bring is 3 in a pug drop. Also, while the 9S is now a CW mainstay they are hardly swinging the CW battles on their own. With quirks on most mechs, it tips the build toward whatever the quirked weapon is.

-k

I was on a clan ghost bear team...
I was deffending on sulfur.

We lost in under 10 minutes because the whole team had Thunderbolt 9S's besides 2 stalkers and a centurion.
The biggest premade group was a 4 while the rest are pugs besides a 2 man group.

How does one simply win a map with a heavy mech with 3 ER PPC's in under 10 minutes by rushing the deffenders with hillhumps nad stuff...

sorry, but since then I quit Clan vs IS combat in CW. each game had more and more and more thunderbolt 9S's which I find are stupid with the quirks. and I am afraid my next game would be a bigger pre made all in thunderbolts.

Who's ever idea was it to make the thunderbolt out class the awesome in ER PPC boating and also to make a single thunderbolt better then a lance of ER PPC warhawks must go rethink his life decisions... he must be the same person who thinks giving the firestarter its' small pulse laser quirks and the locust pirates bane the AC2 quirk it was originally coming out with...

This is a mech meant to have 1 ppc at best, not boat them better then any other mech in game. (meanwhile the Catapult K2, Adder prime, and the warhawk has no PPC quirks AT ALL.) (also better quirks then awesome...).

However I just noticed when I wanted to check up on the thunderbolt somethings odd... it's now a large pulse laser quirk...
perhaps there is a glimmer of hope...

#37 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 January 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

This is a mech meant to have 1 ppc at best, not boat them better then any other mech in game. (meanwhile the Catapult K2, Adder prime, and the warhawk has no PPC quirks AT ALL.) (also better quirks then awesome...).

This. PGI probably intended for the player to take 1 or two ER PPC's and use it effectively as a battle cannon. We're liking seeing the double-edged sword nature of the mechlab here, and will need to change the quirk.

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostVandul, on 02 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Easy there skippy. The OP is a dirty clanner. Its not always about you. :P

Not always about the OP, either. Even a dirty ccleaner can have a point, from time to time. Usually on top of their head. ;)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 02 January 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#39 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 02 January 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

ROFL

It's hilarious that people complain about the TDRs. For so long, they were a unicorn Mech. Now they're back and the Clanners don't like that

What it boils down to, is that the Clanners want easy victories. Now they have an adversary that can fight them at range and hurt them, and they're not liking it.

Get over it. Welcome to the Inner Sphere. Hope you don't have plans to stay.

So when IS cry about Clans mech it's ok.
But when Clans cry about Meta Mech destroying the game it's not ok?

Timber Wolf is something that all mech should be able to do at certains level.
The Dire Wolf is a Whale and very rare in CW and so much focused on pugs it's hardly a threat now when you face it.
The Stormcrow got a uberreputation most of the time create by guys who don't even use them.

Theses 3 are good yes. But they are also used because all the rest of the Clans mech can't hold there ground against the Meta IS mech. But THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE! Clans Mech are OP and IS are fine! Sur! "Tout va bien madame la marquise, tout va très bien!"

All Clans Mechs should be has useful as the others. Summoner can't do sh!t, the sadder is a filler. Kitfox only have the ECM. Ice Ferret just doesn't worth the tonnage, Nova is a Heavy in disguise for the size with extreme heat danger.
I could continu for each one of them.

On the Other side, now the IS got quricks, most of there mechs can properly fight the Holy Trinity, and of course there is the ones that everybody see on the battlefield. Thunderbollts. But hey, Dirty Clanner cannot talk about the Inner Sphere Timber Wolf, Nonononononono. Clans OP SHHHHH SSSHHHHHHH;

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 02 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

I run a 9s and 9ss if you nerf timbers and fix the hit boxes on crows at the same time I would be fine with a 9s erf. If not I need something to counter them.

try skill?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users