46 replies to this topic

#41 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Even though I am a hard-core mechwarrior fan I admit to playing both Mechassault 1+2 despite the fact that I have been mostly a PC gamer for quite some time now.

I like this franchise so much I would play virtually anything with it--RTS, TBS, FPS, sim, etc. While at the time I was still playing the hell out of MW4: Mercenaries it was fun to jump into Mechassault and play with the Uziel and its PPCs or my favorite 'mech of all time (Timberwolf) with PPCs as well, though it was definitely not the A or D variant since it had MGs and LRMs. Sure, it was pure simplistic arcade action but I still got to blow **** up in 'mechs so it could be fun.

Edited by Kain Thul, 08 July 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#42 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

I played both of them. They were neither great nor terrible, just very meh. Mediocre, at best. Like a generic action movie.

#43 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

If any of you guys are into classic/retrogames and emulate or still have an SNES there were two mecha games that any MW fan should like---Cybernator and its sequel Metal Warriors. For its time Metal Warriors was very, very good with being able to switch 'mechs and how very different each played. I know split screen seems primitive now but the vs mode was damn fun.

#44 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

had fun with Atlas in the game. Posted Image

#45 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Limited missile tracking was kinda cool.

#46 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

I just softmod my Xbox, and I have both mech assault and mech assault 2 lone wolf... fun games, but they really left a lacking in the BT game department.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users