• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 31 March 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

For CW the 4 UAC5 Crab with a Standard Engine is really the only build you need. Anything else and you are likely wasting yours and your teams time.

#122 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Sadly I've been mastering King Crabs the last couple days to use all that xp I had built up on my Loyalty Crab and I've been let down by the builds...

I've done 2xGauss (Though with 4xMPL as I'm to cheap to strip the ferro armor and make it endo) and the first couple games I did really well. After that everyone and their brother targeted me at extreme range if I showed my crabby head out of cover. With the low slung gun arms it was a sorry hell for such a great beast... On the plus side I headshot a DWF one game and took the leg off a jjing Myst Lynx in another making them go splat when they hit the ground (broke the other leg on impact).

I left my Loyalty Crab as dual AC20 + dual LL for CW. Though I have an ungodly amount of ammo in it I get way to much focus fire in CW unless they are to busy slaughtering my allies.

My 000B is my Ultra AC5 mech, which pulls high damage if I get anywhere near the enemy (500+ typically) though I've actually run out of ammo before (240 rounds is only 60 quad shots) and having to stay on a target means facing all that return fire... x.x

I have such a love/hate relationship with my King Crabs...

#123 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

I JUST finished saving up the 13 million for a KGC-000 + DHS + Endo-Steel.

It is beautiful.

Right now I'm running 2xERLL + 2xAC20, and boom to the face has never felt so satisfying.

I tried 2xAC20 + 2xSRM6 first, but then the game threw me into Alpine Peaks seven times in a row as punishment. :(

#124 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

4 UAC5 wrecks face and lrm 30 + 3 Large lasers also works really well.. well thats my two setups. All mastered.

PS. Run std engine, xl is sad for IS assaults(nerf clans lol) Ds.

Edited by deanon, 20 April 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#125 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Still prefer running my crabs with XL including the 4xuac one.

View PostEscef, on 31 March 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

(Ques up Tu-Pac's Gangsta Party song).."Aint nuthing but a Craab Paartay"

#126 Firkni

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

Hi, ive been loving it since it arrived and have found it quite adaptable to a variety of roles..

The main thing to note on the crabby is the 100 tons, witch allows it to mount an inordinate amount of equipment, but with great power comes great responsibility.

If u run a full dps with an Xl engine, flank. Flank like the demon crustacean u are, use your speed and low profile to take unexpected rutes and go suprisebuttsechs with your 100 tons, the main thing to flanking is the surprise not the dps, you have a xl, dont brawl, dont push, dont let them see u before uve gotten the claws out of the ground.
The surprise, with the almost indistinguishable side torsos whould let u trade well with most of everything, and as a fellow allready said if u get good dmg in uve done your duty.

Ive run it without an xl and almost all of mine had lrms in. Why? Coz i can then engage fast/far/hidden enemies, ive found the claws to be difficult in the sense u have to show all of you to get the proper dps out, which is sub par coz of the speed.
Ive also used erll on most of my builds coz of the same reason, the full on crab attack is great when u are winning but isolated even your formidable armor cant hold for long, and considering u have to round the whole corner or climb the whole hill u will most of the time trade poorly.

So for trades and longer ranges ive used the backup weapons, and belive me if u pelt ppl with 400-500 lrms and lasers u dont need that much ballistics to finish them (and ofc u can use lrms/lasers for clser range work aswell...).

On the topic of ridge popping, stalker is still king, and the crab, alltho having the mounts on the top has to show the cockpit to get the shot, and if u look at how much of the hull is between the cockpit and the mounts u will see that u basically show the whole formidable forhead of the thing which is again sub par since u are firing 3 energy and the stalki can fire 6...
Never had much succes with it, basically stopped doing it. Went for lrms instead.

To put it simply, because of its great tonnage and mounts it can be annything u want it to be, but u have to adjust your playstile way, WAY more than any other assault.
By far my favorite assault. Definitely worth it.

#127 TempestBurst

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:22 AM

I've got the crab recently and I enjoy it as a fast assault that can punish hard on unsuspecting targets with 4 UAC5. I've ran it with the standard med lasers for a while, allowing me to carry enough ammo for the UACs to last me even the longest games.

I've switched the lasers out for LRM15 artemis and ammo for it, but that made me ditch a lot of UAC ammo to make room for it. Having tried it in a couple games, it works well, as long as I don't run out of ammo. Once I do, I am screwed. My question is, should I ditch Ferro Fibrious armor to gain slots to put in more UAC ammo or should I just switch to smaller missiles of some sort? Is the FF armor a huge boon to defenses?

Edit: I've already put an XL350 engine in it.

Edited by TempestBurst, 31 December 2015 - 08:24 AM.

#128 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostTempestBurst, on 31 December 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

I've got the crab recently and I enjoy it as a fast assault that can punish hard on unsuspecting targets with 4 UAC5. I've ran it with the standard med lasers for a while, allowing me to carry enough ammo for the UACs to last me even the longest games.

I've switched the lasers out for LRM15 artemis and ammo for it, but that made me ditch a lot of UAC ammo to make room for it. Having tried it in a couple games, it works well, as long as I don't run out of ammo. Once I do, I am screwed. My question is, should I ditch Ferro Fibrious armor to gain slots to put in more UAC ammo or should I just switch to smaller missiles of some sort? Is the FF armor a huge boon to defenses?

Edit: I've already put an XL350 engine in it.

Ferro only saves weight. It doesn't give you better protection, it makes armor weight less, so you can put more of it (up to the max of 618. So if you already had the tonnage, to do it, it didn't really help you much). However, if you remove Ferro, you lose the tonnage it saved you (depending on how much armor you have that can be up to 2.05 tons. So if you remove Ferro, you might have the slots to put more ammo, but no tonnage to do it. (I assume you have Endo-Steel? If not, it should be the first weight saving upgrade to get, not Ferro, since it will save you 5 tons on your King Crab)

I would recommend dropping Artemis, and making the launchers 10s, instead of 15s. This will let you mount more ammo, or even some lasers, to give you late game potential.

If you could post your build using smurfy, that would be very helpful in helping me adjust the design.

For example,this is what I am thinking you have.

KGC-000B

This is my PRELIMINARY recommendation:
KGC-000B

I also recommend reading this guide on mech construction.
http://mwomercs.com/...-mech-building/

Edited by IraqiWalker, 31 December 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#129 glaDes the death adder

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:05 AM

The load out ive found useful in my crab is a single LBXAC10 and dual ER-PPCs. This allows for long range engaement and if anyone gets close you can mess them up.

#130 AstraVlad

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

I'm currently running a 0000 Crab with either AC20 + 4 ASRM6 or 4 MPL + 4 ASRM6 and when it comes to brawling it just eats Kodiaks for breakfast. There only 3 drawbacks I can see in that builds:

1. In long-range engagements you are totally useless. Sometimes you have to wait for a good part of the game doing nothing. I tried to mitigate it using 3 LPLs instead of MPLs and it worked great... for a couple of minutes and then I constantly overheated.

2. They make you super aggressive. When you see an enemy nearby a voice in your head starts screaming "RUSH! RUSH! RUSH!" and war drums are beginning to beat fast and loud. Usually it means that you will be dead in a minute after a kill or two. So one must exercise strict self-control (which I'm not really good at).

3. It doesn't earn you money. If you are doing it right you will kill your opponent with a minimal damage possible. I've had a match where I got 4 kills, 3 of which solo with a Kodiak being a first one. Can you guess total damage number? I remember it clearly: 425.

With all that concentrated firepower (I usually start to shoot at 100 meters where SRM dispersion is very low) one usually needs about 200 damage points to destroy an assault's CT and even less for lesser mech's ones. And you rarely get assists (if get at all).

Compare it with LRM boats where you can shoot missiles all day long and have some 800+ damage with 8+ assists and 0 kills at the end of the match. They are much more effective in farming C-Bills.

Edited by AstraVlad, 23 January 2017 - 12:10 AM.

#131 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

2 lbx10's er ppc and lrm'5s

largest xl engine you can fit after full arrmor... Thing is pretty tanky... way stronger then the atlas's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users