Wdmc As A Ghost Bear Unit Defending Jade Falcon Instead Of Ghost Bear...

50 replies to this topic

#21 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 04 January 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I mean, WDMC being so powerful

Apparently too powerful to make a separate topic about a unit that has ~20 players and can't usually form a full 12 to play.

Drop it.

#22 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

So, you guys think it's perfectly normal behaviour, that when you drop against random pugs and get a random 6-man against you (and your considerably larger premade) that makes the match take a little bit more effort, you start a thread about that specific 6-man's unit on the forums?

Aggression may not be the correct word to use. Please excuse my poor choice of words, English isn't my first, or even second language. If you do find my poor English hilarious, I'm happy I could provide you with entertainment.

I really just tried to express politely, that I do not understand the reason this topic had to be created. I could've understood some butthurt if we would've won that single match, but we didn't. I could've understood a reason for this thread if we would've been continuously dropping on that planet, or even gotten our tag on it. To start this thread based on 1 match against a half group, I just don't get it. And I don't, obviously know good words to put it briefly. Sorry.

Also, it wasn't really a good game for us, although that wasn't the oppositions fault. The only reason I remember that particular match at all was because our 300 damage pugs were constantly whining about how WDMC is doing everything completely wrong.

#23 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

our real concern is that you guys should be helping CGB. we dont particularly care which pubs we play against.

Edited by LegoPirate, 04 January 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#24 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 04 January 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Apparently too powerful to make a separate topic about a unit that has ~20 players and can't usually form a full 12 to play.

Drop it.

You already dropped it like it was hot. Are you still misunderstanding the OP?

View PostKyynele, on 04 January 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

So, you guys think it's perfectly normal behaviour, that when you drop against random pugs and get a random 6-man against you (and your considerably larger premade) that makes the match take a little bit more effort, you start a thread about that specific 6-man's unit on the forums?

Aggression may not be the correct word to use. Please excuse my poor choice of words, English isn't my first, or even second language. If you do find my poor English hilarious, I'm happy I could provide you with entertainment.

I really just tried to express politely, that I do not understand the reason this topic had to be created. I could've understood some butthurt if we would've won that single match, but we didn't. I could've understood a reason for this thread if we would've been continuously dropping on that planet, or even gotten our tag on it. To start this thread based on 1 match against a half group, I just don't get it. And I don't, obviously know good words to put it briefly. Sorry.

Also, it wasn't really a good game for us, although that wasn't the oppositions fault. The only reason I remember that particular match at all was because our 300 damage pugs were constantly whining about how WDMC is doing everything completely wrong.

Thank you for the polite response. Ugra could learn something from you. Clearly we have some language barrier and that explains a lot. Aggression was certainly not the right word and you seem to still misunderstand the OP.

The original OP was not a complaint, nor was there "butthurt", though Ugra's responses indicate he has plenty of salty tears to ladle out. Bizzle was just making a suggestion that Clan Ghost Bear units (which you are one) fight on other fronts. Not because it was tough, or hard, or even fun to face you on the battlefield (which it could have been any or all of those or none...but that's besides the point), only just that CGB could use the skills of WDMC elsewhere. I am confident there was no insult intended, nor again was there a complaint in the OP. You are welcome to keep playing wherever you want. The reason for the thread has to do with the CW map, not the match in question or your performance in the match.

Does that make more sense? Happy to talk with you about it on TS as well if that is easier.

#25 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Fine.

You can consider your advice noted, and until provided with a real reason (via CW design) to adjust our behavior, we'll keep dropping in any instant matches we can spot, no matter what planet or faction. Not having a full 12-man means we have to take what games we can get, if we want to play instead of waiting.

No hard feelings. Although I will, of course, try to kill you all on the battlefield. ;)
(At least twice)

#26 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Although if you cant find matches I'd say go anywhere you can find them.

#27 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

I only made this post because Ghost Bear needs your help defending Ghost Bear territory right now. They need more defenders. Thats it.

There are games for days on the FRR, Wolf, and Kurita front if you are Ghost Bear right now.

We had no problem playing y'all, but we want to see you defending Ghost Bear territory.

#28 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

While I feel sorry for LP loss of MS players I must admit I am guilty of the same deed. I would retake some CGB planet - but noone was interested and I can't do much solo. I wanted to take that besieged kurita planet, but again, noone. The only way for me to get matches was defending another Clan's planet, no matter how painful it was.

Would Bears play at least some games in EU daytime, I would love to focus my attention on important targets. Sadly that doesn't happen, and we have to look for alternative solutions.

#29 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

You should talk to some of your leadership in the NA time zones. I believe they would love to hear about an EU member wanting to play.

#30 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

This is still going on...? seriously...in CJF late at night, we will attack a planet, take 1 square and then defend it endlessly because while our whole late night team fields1-2 teams total (including pugs) we are confronted by 40-50 defenders....We'll take all the help we can get thank you very much. Maybe we won't end up in the endless defend cycle.

Good match tonight by the way MS. We tried a risky tactic and we got owned. Well done.

#31 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 04 January 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

This is still going on...? seriously...in CJF late at night, we will attack a planet, take 1 square and then defend it endlessly because while our whole late night team fields1-2 teams total (including pugs) we are confronted by 40-50 defenders....We'll take all the help we can get thank you very much. Maybe we won't end up in the endless defend cycle.

Good match tonight by the way MS. We tried a risky tactic and we got owned. Well done.

Sorry Pat...certainly not trying to undercut your help...just trying to help out our friends in CGB.

#32 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

yea..I know. I am just trying to stall the onslaught as best I can.

#33 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:08 AM

Many guys just wan't to play the game, giving a flying **** about lore/RP/all those ceasefires declared by units which can't be enforced anyway.

#34 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 January 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

Many guys just wan't to play the game, giving a flying **** about lore/RP/all those ceasefires declared by units which can't be enforced anyway.

CW is hardcore roleplay grand strategy for only the most hardcore of roleplaying grand strategists.

#35 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

I lol'ed a little bit about who involved in this Thread ^^
WDMC can drop where they want. I also dropped for deffending CJF.

Edited by HiasRGB, 05 January 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#36 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

View PostHiasRGB, on 05 January 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

I lol'ed a little bit about who involved in this Thread ^^
WDMC can drop where they want. I also dropped for deffending CJF.

Since there is no reason at all to drop at CGB territory right now... where else should we go?
FRR borders will be lost anyway and against Kurita noone is dropping at all.

Edit: As a 12 man in the night FRR border would be fun since it would provide the best competition and much to learn... but as smaller groups or a single player it makes absolutely no sense since you get rolled 9 out of 10 times and even if you win there will be no benefit because of the mass of Tier1 Teams dropping there especially in the NA timezone.

Edited by Lachesis Muta, 05 January 2015 - 02:59 AM.

#37 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostLachesis Muta, on 05 January 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

Since there is no reason at all to drop at CGB territory right now... where else should we go?
FRR borders will be lost anyway and against Kurita noone is dropping at all.

Edit: As a 12 man in the night FRR border would be fun since it would provide the best competition and much to learn... but as smaller groups or a single player it makes absolutely no sense since you get rolled 9 out of 10 times and even if you win there will be no benefit because of the mass of Tier1 Teams dropping there especially in the NA timezone.

SA, and the SJ's dropped against Kurita to save your planet bacon. We were just trying to be good neighbors and get some of the GB crew dropping with them and against FRR. However, it has certainly kept the wins and the queue up when attacking CJF, so if you prefer to die by Steiner hands over FRR hands, we will take it as a compliment. Game on.

#38 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 January 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

This is obviously a fair point, but I am surprised Ghost Bears are unable to get drops on Ghost Bear planets

#39 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 05 January 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

This is obviously a fair point, but I am surprised Ghost Bears are unable to get drops on Ghost Bear planets

What he meant was, no way do they want to risk facing SJR and Lords...so...Jade Falcon Defense and MS it is!

#40 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 04 January 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

Sorry Pat...certainly not trying to undercut your help...just trying to help out our friends in CGB.

Do you realize that the best way to help is to beg for forgiveness and be allowed to return back to the Clan fold? ;)

Edited by Mystere, 05 January 2015 - 10:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users