Hbr - 6 Erml + 32 Dhs

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bobman

• PipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

This thing is seriously incredible and the perfect balance of tonnage and slots allows for such a build with a ridiculously high amount of heat sinks.

The build really makes good use of only 6 tons of lasers, bringing the spotlight on the power of Clan Lasers. Most of the HBR builds I've seen so far tend to put a lot more tonnage in weapons than this.

Extremely easy to use, just keep pumping out lasers at your enemy! Cools down easily!

In addition, you might want to alter this build a bit by taking a DHS off and adding some more leg or arm armor, or moving the head laser to the arm, etc, if you'd like.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9635ea681fc148d

#2 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

I prefer 7/29 w/full armor

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a5a12bce8438b62

Edited by Kain Thul, 19 December 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#3 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Wouldn't it be prudent to put in at least 1 ER Large Laser or Large Pulse laser in case you get stuck on one of the large maps where you are hill sniping?

I really like Gaus + ER Medium Lasers. Gaus for sniping and you have something to fire while cooling down.

Edited by Athena Pryde, 10 December 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#4 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

With the modules I feel good firing out to 550. Even on the largest of maps the fight usually ends up taking place pretty close.

Even on alpine when I'm in a ppc/gauss buld the long range sniping part of the fight is usually pretty short and indecisive--when everyone finally meets is where its won.

Gauss + CERML is a good build though:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...770abd2100c52ea

I've run Gauss + 5 CERMLs on SCR, Gauss + 6 CERMLs on Timberwolf and thought about trying this on the HBR but just haven't got around to it y et since heavy queues got so bad for a while.

Now that the Assault queue is nuts I'll probably give it a whilr.

Edited by Kain Thul, 10 December 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

Kain Thul is there a reason you have no rear armor? You do get shot in the back at some point either by some light or some trigger happy team mate.

#6 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostAthena Pryde, on 10 December 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Kain Thul is there a reason you have no rear armor? You do get shot in the back at some point either by some light or some trigger happy team mate.

That's just me rushing through smurfy to get the tonnage down. I have a 'mech or two I run no/minimal rear armor on (long range snipers with no close range weapons at all--I just peek/hill hump with these so frontloading helps with trades) but my standard on heavies these days is 8/10/8.

Armor spread is a personal preference--I just always max out the points in smurfy builds to get the tonnage right.

Edited by Kain Thul, 10 December 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

My current build on my Prime (I), it can usually be found near my team's Dire Wolves...

HBR-PRIME

It works well, hot, but well. I make it my job to keep missiles off of the Dire's while they eat things with dual gauss, and take the odd pot-shot.

#8 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

I've had the best performance in an LB20 + 4 erml (all torso mounted) and uac10 + 4 erml. I tried a laser based build a few times and I am getting a little tired of gauss on all my mechs, but just couldn't get the feel for it. Felt like I was shooting myself in the foot with such a light load.

My builds ran cool enough for me to be able to engage for a tolerable amount of time before I have to disengage due to heat. By the time I get to that point I probably want to duck out anyway as I probably have drawn the attention of a King Whale or Dire Crab.

Id love to be able to enjoy PPCs again... but sadly they just make me want to headbutt my monitor off my desk.

#9 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostKavoh, on 11 December 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

Id love to be able to enjoy PPCs again... but sadly they just make me want to headbutt my monitor off my desk.

This definitely this..

#10 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

not enough leg armor, not even close. any competent light pilot is going to leg you in two shots and laugh all the way to the bank.

personally, i run either 6x Medium Pulse (plenty cool, hits like a brick shithouse) 2x Large Pulse 3x Medium (better range, bit hot) or 2x Ultra-5 and 4x Mediums.

Edited by FerrolupisXIII, 04 March 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#11 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostFerrolupisXIII, on 04 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

not enough leg armor, not even close.

yanno, you're right.

Since reading trying to find builds for the two I bought, I've seen build after build after build with THAT amount of armor in the legs???
GUESS where I target immediately now on all hellbringers I see?
I think I've killed more legging them, than any other way.
I can not believe someone runs 25-30 armor on a heavies legs?? And if there is ammo in there its over quick.

#12 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostBobman, on 06 December 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

This thing is seriously incredible and the perfect balance of tonnage and slots allows for such a build with a ridiculously high amount of heat sinks.

The build really makes good use of only 6 tons of lasers, bringing the spotlight on the power of Clan Lasers. Most of the HBR builds I've seen so far tend to put a lot more tonnage in weapons than this.

Extremely easy to use, just keep pumping out lasers at your enemy! Cools down easily!

In addition, you might want to alter this build a bit by taking a DHS off and adding some more leg or arm armor, or moving the head laser to the arm, etc, if you'd like.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9635ea681fc148d

27 Armour on legs is suicidal imo, one missed artillery strike and you are a cripple at best.

#13 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

+1 to comments about leg armor.

Also, you don't "need" that many HS anyway. Anything with 40%+ HE on Smurfy is probably going to be fine, and you're way, way over. Learn how to make your shots count, manage your heat appropriately and commit more weight to armor and damage density.

#14 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostBanditman, on 06 March 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

+1 to comments about leg armor.

Also, you don't "need" that many HS anyway. Anything with 40%+ HE on Smurfy is probably going to be fine, and you're way, way over. Learn how to make your shots count, manage your heat appropriately and commit more weight to armor and damage density.

Not the reality. Sure you want to manage your heat and place good shots, but...

The more times you are pulling the trigger and lather immense amounts of damage on the enemy - is better. Because with hit reg, movement, and timing, you dont always gets the shots you want. So the more opportunities you have to shoot, if you can take them, you will perform far better. Too much heat stops you from shooting. So 30+ HS's is frigging amazing to say the least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users