• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 26 January 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Guilty as charged Posted Image
In your name...is that three capital i's or three small L's?

I'm trying to be electronically ecological? Posted Image

I agree with you that it is TOUGH piloting the standard PPC-in-the-arms SMN.
D variant is best match for me (pretty much all I use).
The loyalty variant is hit hard by the nerfs. I can say from first hand experience it is so much hotter that sustained fire is nowhere near possible as before. A lot more pausing to run away and cool down. And overheating and getting killed that way as well...or hitting override trying to stay in the fight...baking myself, then poppingPosted Image

But point is this: as far as your experience goes, Summoner is still pretty average then?

On paper, you can have more DHS on the Summoner than the HBK-IIC-A, but that's only by like 1 (assuming both mechs have a TC1)... so it's not actually that bad. If you're stuck with the arms, the omnipod's I've listed (specifically the Summoner-Prime ones) bring it back more towards it's older version (with a heat gen quirk), with less overall velocity however (by like 10%). If you are using the loyalty side torso omnipods, you lose 20% velocity from the previous patch.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 January 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#42 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 26 January 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Three i's. Restos the Third is the actual name, just used to shortening it.

And Suckonners are still holding their title strong if they don't have the loyalty pods.

Thanks for the Clarification Posted Image I was always mispronouncing your name as "RestosLLL" or "Restos iLL" Posted Image

Well ...what do you call someone who willingly and stubbornly pilots only a mech that the consensus says "sucks" and refuses to pilot the mechs everyone says are "good?"

I'll take the Loyalty Summoner in every QP drop I can, but also...stubbornly...take it and non-loyalty pod SMNs into FW. SMN-D w/ 2xerPPC (both arms), TC+as many DHS as will fit...
Hope I can hit my targets instead of the rocks and snow drifts in between Posted Image

#43 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 26 January 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Well ...what do you call someone who willingly and stubbornly pilots only a mech that the consensus says "sucks" and refuses to pilot the mechs everyone says are "good?"

We call those people "masochists". Don't worry, I don't kink shame.

#44 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

On paper, you can have more DHS on the Summoner than the HBK-IIC-A, but that's only by like 1 (assuming both mechs have a TC1)... so it's not actually that bad. If you're stuck with the arms, the omnipod's I've listed (specifically the Summoner-Prime ones) bring it back more towards it's older version (with a heat gen quirk), with less overall velocity however (by like 10%).

I took one out yesterday with exactly what you stated here... It ran substantially cooler than the Loyalty Pod version.
A very noticeable difference. So...high points and limited sustained fire or good sustained fire but difficulty hitting targets cause you're shooting from the knees...plus with less than optimal velocity.

That hit to the velocity quirk reallllly screws the Summoner up... badly

View PostRestosIII, on 26 January 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

We call those people "masochists". Don't worry, I don't kink shame.

More than a few Japanese women have a "thing" for male masochists.... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users