44 replies to this topic

#41 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 January 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

I know you fanboy very hard for camp red, but camp red isn't worth the time or money in 2015. If people need to save money, they can get the pentium 20th anniversary dual core. It's very cheap, fully unlocked, and very capable. If they want something general purpose, a locked i5 is superior to most of AMD's offerings.

When we're discussing MWO, and hardware used for MWO in particular, the G3258 crushes the budget competition with its immense single-threaded performance.

Maybe camp red will have some great stuff by Q2 this year, but until then, there's really no reason to get any AMD product.

I thought AMD's new architecture wasn't due until next year? It'll be cool to see what they come up with, but afaik it's still a good long ways out.

#42 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 06 January 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Not sure about the memory, probably 1600 for everything. does it make much of a difference?

it depends on the game, some games hate FX's
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In others it's fine
Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway, the overclocked FX6300 can beat the i3 in many titles but the FX performs horribly in the titles that don't scale well, like mechwarrior. If you average it out the overclocked FX6300 probably performs similar. I'd still recommend the i3 because lowering settings will be more likely to increase performance, as you're probably not stuck on a bit of singlethreaded code.

^ LOL there is the evidence, The Crytec engine screams with Fx series 6300 lol @ 4.7 it is clearly in the lead.....The code for MWO sucks as I have stated too many times to count, but that is not AMDs defect. AMD is taking the fall for PGIs clear inability to code multithreading past 2 cores. *LOL* I am a Automotive Service Technician and I wrote the affinity that works best yet to date/(that I have experienced for FX series) <----that says something......... Just imagine if I had a computer science degree and or coding experience, whatever they require you to have to be hired by game devs.

The Fx 6300 will perform, you may need to actually involve yourself in the process though, unless you are one of these new generation of people who use everything but have no idea how/why things work. ie: can type 65 WPM but changing thermal paste on a quick disconnect CPU block that takes less than 5 minutes and is almost always painless, is way out of their comfort zone.(lazy people) Like people who have CAA or a tow truck change thier flat tire waiting 45mins when 15minutes thy could be at crusing speed again................These people needed to grow up on farms.

A Hyundai elantra isnt fast, but after you bolt a turbo kit on it and tune it properly, no half-a$$'ing it, you will smoke cars that come factory fast.- have seen said car in Toronto on a dyno making 330 HP to the wheels and 340some odd ft lbs of torque.

Same goes for AMD FX if you can use critical thinking skills and or ingenuity or even display an ounce of passion for something, you can come out on top, but you have to come out swinging, take a stab. you know get @ it, make it happen, **** man, this mentality kills me.....

PGI half assed it with their coding on crytec.....Crysis 3 uses all my cores above 70% all day long. -optimization is key.

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 06 January 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#43 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

But,First things first, the Pentium 4, suck it, the worst CPU in as long as I can remember, Intel still hold that crown......TROLOLOLOLOL

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 06 January 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#44 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

2 FPS more over a dual core Haswell for a 6 thread chip is hardly.... Somthing to shout about.

#45 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

Here Ill race you for pinks You get this Dodge Viper V 10 Pickup truck, But first I went ahead and burnt the tires off of it doing a burnout(bad coding+(<15+ FPS hit from HUD ALONE)....... so now it runs 22 second quarter miles squirley as a badger! you get about 1/16th throttle before she lights up............(AMDs thermal throttle @ insane clockspeed from crap code)

Now I(intel get optimized for me(as per industry standard) code)+FPS hits same as Hud+multithreading issues.........Will be running this 4WD Skyline with a 320 HP stock turbo and 4 worn out slicks................Traction but lower available torque...........

I see mantle speaking volumes about PC gaming industry's shotty biased coding that has taken root for many years now....
8350@2.2ghz running space technical demo @ around 25.5ms avg drawtime/ with over 2,000 units rendered in real time...This was a display of potential that has gone unmatched in terms of implementation and execution.
  • 1. Massive Performance boost for all things GPU over all other PC APIs (we're talking about stuff like 50% - 150% more FPS, it's definitely not only 10FPS, the initial BF4 thing is just the start)
  • 2. No more CPU bottlnecking the GPU.
  • 3. Zero CPU cost and latency for GPU operations.
  • 4. Better visuals possible, techniques, features you never saw on PC before, ever.
  • 5. Optimization possibilities would cut costs of many visual options that simply ate it in DX, no more huge FPS drops because someone threw a smoke grenade(for example)
  • 6: Multi-GPU Scaling working like it should (which means +90% efficiency)
[color=#141414]

Quoted from http://www.techpower...it-2013.194485/[/color]

watch the first few mins and jump to 25:00 minutes if you cant make it.....

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 06 January 2015 - 11:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users