• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Posted Image
That is a LE Jumping Atlas. It is $25. Not a single MWO Mech should cost more than a product I can hold in my hand. Not One. And I own Hellslinger which Does cost more. :unsure:

Is that a jumping atlas or are those the detachable HALO jets that are ejected after touchdown?

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postcdlord, on 05 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Is that a jumping atlas or are those the detachable HALO jets that are ejected after touchdown?

It is listed as "Jumping Atlas" So I assume they are not HALO pod...

From Camo Specs:
Posted Image

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 05 January 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#43 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

PGI was nice by Letting you use that 300 engine in any mech so they Fix it Price to a 60ton mech.

The Engine did a Mech Weight Cost factor in them in TT. a 300R/100T Engine would only fit in another 100ton mech in TT.

So all the Mech that are Heaver than 60ton cost Less than there CBT counter parts and all the Mechs that are Lighter than 60ton Cost More than there CBT counter Parts.

#44 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostIllya Arkhipova, on 05 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

once the molds are made, those cost pennies to produce.

The in game models typically require a much large investment in time and funds to make the "original", that a TT mini does (crazy though it seems).

It depends. Molds for pewter minis aren't too terribly expensive, but then they cost more to make per model because pewter > plastic. And you have to re-make the molds periodically because they wear out.

Plastic molds are hella expensive, but then the minis are pennies each because, well, plastic. And the molds are essentially permanent because neither hot nor cold plastic damages a metal mold.

In the hobby games industry (read: low volume), pewter typically works out to be more efficient if you want a variety of different minis while plastic is more efficient if you want several colors of the same mini.

Note: my experience with miniatures for board games is 20 years out of date. It's possibly no longer true.

#45 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Peuter is metal not Plastic... kinda changes the scale a bit. If it was just plastic I might agree, but its not. a pound of Peuter costs about $12, How much does a byte cost? :huh:

The LE Jumping atlas is $25.
The Atlas-K is $14.75 (5,480 MC)
The Atlas II is $14.50
The Atlas III is $16.95

well for this we would need to know: how much byte a complete atlas costs + camo.
how many bytes it costs to store in the databse to know and braek down the licencse costs of the databse and the costs of the datacenters datastorage. Then we cna figure out what this atlas costs us + that atlas is costing us over time while your miniature doesn't.

#46 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 05 January 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

well for this we would need to know: how much byte a complete atlas costs + camo.
how many bytes it costs to store in the databse to know and braek down the licencse costs of the databse and the costs of the datacenters datastorage. Then we cna figure out what this atlas costs us + that atlas is costing us over time while your miniature doesn't.

I cannot believe you seem to be WANTING to pay more for an intangible than a tangible. You puzzle me. :huh:

#47 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

I think the costs of mechs and engines needs to go down.

#48 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I am not gonna buy a Hero mech for half the cost of an AAA game, hahaha. No way, nuh-uh. 50% sale or bust.

If this game is to attract more casuals, then it needs to adopt more casual catering prices.

Edited by El Bandito, 05 January 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#49 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 January 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

I am not gonna buy a Hero mech for half the cost of an AAA game, hahaha. No way, nuh-uh. 50% sale or bust.

If this game is to attract more casuals, then it needs to adopt more casual catering prices.

Never gonna happen. They might make a new line of low-priced items when it goes on steam, but that's it. The prices for existing items aren't coming down.

#50 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I'm looking forward to the Steam Reviews. I had gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the Transverse Forums, and I suspect that the Steam Reviews will be just as good. Notice how Russ used the word "triage" in the 2014 retrospect? It's because they understand that the future of MWO is very much in question.

Too many development decisions were based upon "profit now, worry about problems later" mentality. Well, it's now "later". PGI wasted 2 years of development. Wasted. Do you know what all those maps in the Normal Queue represented? Wasted development time.

#51 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 05 January 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Never gonna happen. They might make a new line of low-priced items when it goes on steam, but that's it. The prices for existing items aren't coming down.

Still don't see a need for Steam and the addition of more players who think they know how to make the game better telling us how we don't know jack. That includes you Vass. ;) :P

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 05 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#52 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Still don't see a need for Steam and the addition of more players who think they know how to make the game better telling us how we don't know jack. That includes you Vass. ;) :P

Money.

#53 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 05 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Money.

Still not seeing a good reason Vass.

#54 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 05 January 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

GW pays very well if you're one of a handful of celebrity designers/sculptors, like Juan Diaz, Jes Goodwin, or John Blanche. If not, you're gonna have a very bad time.

Very true. A rockstar always get the high pay, usually far above the average. A rockstar modeler in games gets paid pretty well, also.

But as you said for those who ain't in the 1%, You are better off working as the game modeler.

#55 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Free advertising (steam suggests games)
More players
easier patch management
better download servers
new area for feedback.

#56 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Still not seeing a good reason Vass.

MWO has a tiny playerbase. Russ needs to feed his family. To do this, he must increase MWO's playerbase, and fix the game, as any attempt to escape the MWO ball and chain will just result in another transverse saga.

A successful steam release will likely mean the difference between life and death for our robot game.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostBrody319, on 05 January 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Free advertising (steam suggests games)
More (Potential) players
easier patch management
better download servers
new area for feedback.

Yeah cause the feedback we have now is so unbias... and fixed the one that required an additional word.

#58 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Yeah cause the feedback we have now is so unbias... and fixed the one that required an additional word.

I'm sure Russ and the rest of PGI loves to hear the same people on the forums ***** non-stop. Or maybe they are eager to hear new players ***** and moan on the steam forums.

I mean there will be a large amount of newbs for the reaping when it hits steam. All those C-bills, All the KD. ooh it will be almost as fun as when the T-wolf went up for c-bills and a bunch of noobs got them and stood out in the open because they thought they were god now.

#59 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 05 January 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

MWO has a tiny playerbase. Russ needs to feed his family. To do this, he must increase MWO's playerbase, and fix the game, as any attempt to escape the MWO ball and chain will just result in another transverse saga.

A successful steam release will likely mean the difference between life and death for our robot game.
No.... he doesn't. MUST is one of those odd words. He needs to have a sustainable job that will provide for his family MW:O does not NEED to be that source.

And how can he fix the game with more complainers and whiners chomping at the bit? Cause they paid money, and they have skillzz and you don't know anything Vass cause they know better than you do. They played the game for 2 whole hours and know more about this universe than you do! <_<

#60 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

PGI built this house brick by brick over 3 years. I guess that's a bit unfair, actually. Rather, IGP, PGI, and the community built it.

We simply have to deal with it, or we can do what IGP did, and quit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users