17 replies to this topic

#1 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Greetings my fellow Sibkin, I am Galaxy Commander of the Merlin Galaxy. We are a freshly formed Galaxy meant to reinforce the Occupation Zone front lines. Retaliative skill is not an issue for we will have to all train together.

TS3 Channels maintained on the following
Courtesy of Theta Galaxy (Smoke Adders)
Hosted on STRANAMECHTY.INFO PW: StranaMechty as found in the following thread

Courtesy of Jade Falcon Prime
Hosted on ts.clanjadefalcon.com

Leave me a message here or via PM myself Zje if you wish.

Goal: To provide a unit that anyone can call home focusing on teamwork both within the unit and out of the unit. To help grow our community as a friendly team based combat community that doesn't resort to personal poor sportsmanship.

View on Meta: The Competitive Meta has been and will always bee a good baseline to work off of when building your skill, however it isn't the only way, develop your own personal style and work with your teammates so that your style flows well with their's. Remember it is teamwork that wins matches not the competitive meta.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 24 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#2 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Good to hear, we are currently at war with House Steiner and Clan Ghost Bear so all the help is needed on the front lines

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

We have so many factions. It's beautiful but at the same time it doesn't breed coordination or always the most effective drops.

#4 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 05 January 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

We have so many factions. It's beautiful but at the same time it doesn't breed coordination or always the most effective drops.

You are correct there are quite a few Units within CJF, however not all of them are Dedicated CJF Units, some are more Merc style units, some true Mercs others people who love Clans that are not yet represented in MWO officially. Including my own I can count on 2 hands the number of active Units that I know or am pretty certain that are dedicated to CJF and two of those are for specific non-english speaking regions. 1 is relatively elite in terms of skill (though they are always accepting on newbies and willing to help them get better), 1 from what I can tell has a similar make as the elite one, but I have never dropped with them so I am unsure, and not including myself there are 3 others that are relatively active in seeking new members but I don't know much beyond that about them.

I am just trying to offer a place where people can hang their helmets and call home. I don't care about how great a pilot they are, or really how much time they can dedicate to the game (We all have lives afterall). I just want somewhere people can know that they are welcome. somewhere where if someone has an idea they can share it without being told that it's not the meta and therefore not worth the effort. Call me an idealist but I believe even casual players and theory-crafters hold as much weight for a game's (MWO, WoW, WoT, WT, ect, ect) life as the competitive players.

In terms of coordination, I officially invite all other unit's to have at least 1 person join my site in order to facilitate inter-Unit coordination, as well as inter-Clan coordination.

#5 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

I hope my comments didn't come off as disrespect. They weren't meant as such. My unit isn't dedicated CJF, however we are not Merc like. We are Clan Diamond Shark (not represented in game as of yet) and while we will be working, for the short term, on a long term path with CJF we are open to other CLAN unit possibilities in the future.

There are units like the ones you mention, and my unit is representative of that. We don't just accept a meta, we are of a competitive but relaxed mindset, have warriors who also have life outside of the game to conted with, etc, so I grok your meaning.

Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver (CDS:DSx) www.diamondshiver.net will send someone to join your forums and invite you to send someone to join ours.

Seyla

Khan DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

Oh and what I didn't say in the first message is that I wish you luck. Running these units aren't easy.

Edited by Daisu Saikoro, 10 January 2015 - 02:43 AM.

#6 zje

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostJadeTimberwolf, on 05 January 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

I am just trying to offer a place where people can hang their helmets and call home. I don't care about how great a pilot they are, or really how much time they can dedicate to the game (We all have lives afterall). I just want somewhere people can know that they are welcome. somewhere where if someone has an idea they can share it without being told that it's not the meta and therefore not worth the effort. Call me an idealist but I believe even casual players and theory-crafters hold as much weight for a game's (MWO, WoW, WoT, WT, ect, ect) life as the competitive players.

That resonates perfectly with my style - count me in!

#7 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

*Bump*

I have modified the opening post to try and expand upon it a little more. I may not be great with words but I do try to get my point across. Remember all no matter where you hang your hat happy hunting and have fun.

#8 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 28 January 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 05 January 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Good to hear, we are currently at war with House Steiner and Clan Ghost Bear so all the help is needed on the front lines

Wait....what? We are at war? :wacko:

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 28 January 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

What are you waiting for? The information is leaked.. Prepare your garrison Clusters to defend! The Falcons are going to take your planet sneaking in the middle of your space trough wormholes, just like they took Tamar..

And just like the Purple Turkeys..

No one is safe!

:P

#11 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

Sure we are, we are all racing to Terra so the war between the clans takes the form of a race. At least that's my interpretation of it until more serious conflict arises.

#12 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

apologizes, yet me rephrase

MS a Ghost Bear unit is at war with us

#13 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification.

#14 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

now back to our regularly scheduled recruitment bump

Posted Image

#15 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

#16 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

Slow but steadily our ranks increase, all are welcome to apply to the website and any who wish to join are welcome to join, just remember our number 1 goal is to have a fun friendly gaming environment for ourselves and out opponents.

#17 Mieli

• Pip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

Greetings, EU player here. With the arrival of CW I figured I need to find people to play with. Would love to play a few matches with you guys and join your unit if I'm good enough.

#18 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

I myself am currently out of action in game since my computer crashed, waiting on parts to arrive to try hypothesis of what crashed, however feel free to message zje. I will tell you right now it isn't a matter of being good enough it is a matter of having a good personality and a will to have fun.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 24 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users