20 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

This past weekend dropped with TCAF on two invasions that took place on Sulphur. Both times I was the Twelfth Warrior.

First one the word goes out for a light rush. So I jump and my light and try to keep up. Note: It didn't happen. I won't explain their tactic but after 2 minutes and 58 seconds it was over. For my part I didn't even get to fire more than a couple shots, me poor Raven just couldn't keep up.

The next day I end up with them again. Light rush? No, they say that would be too boring. Again I will not give out tactics, but he objective was to destroy every last enemy mech, then kill Omega. And that is what they did with mechs to spare.

I was just in awe at the display. And I know even if they teach all of us their tactics there I a bit of skill that is required to execute them. But it wouldn't hurt.

#2 jamesajones5

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Ted, you should consider posting this in the Russian sub-forum. So that they are doubly likely to see and reply. Better yet, you can hop on their teamspeak and ask. Well, your hours may be odd hours for them.

#3 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

We've got good relations with TCAF. More than that, we love Russia in general!

In fact, our doctrine is pulled straight from Russian armor tactics.

#4 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 05 January 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

This past weekend dropped with TCAF on two invasions that took place on Sulphur. Both times I was the Twelfth Warrior.

First one the word goes out for a light rush. So I jump and my light and try to keep up. Note: It didn't happen. I won't explain their tactic but after 2 minutes and 58 seconds it was over. For my part I didn't even get to fire more than a couple shots, me poor Raven just couldn't keep up.

The next day I end up with them again. Light rush? No, they say that would be too boring. Again I will not give out tactics, but he objective was to destroy every last enemy mech, then kill Omega. And that is what they did with mechs to spare.

I was just in awe at the display. And I know even if they teach all of us their tactics there I a bit of skill that is required to execute them. But it wouldn't hurt.

I'm honestly not sure if this is trolling or not.

#5 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

Meh... join any decent unit, they're all like this...

#6 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

Only HARDCORE :D

#7 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:15 AM

My point is that this guy is awestruck that they can zerg rush pugs. I'm willing to bet that their 11-man could also heavy rush pugs, or attrition bleed pugs, or outsnipe pugs. That's nice, but so could my grandma with an 11-man.

#8 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 05 January 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Yay TCAF!

This is the advantage of being in a (nearly) full team. The game plays kinda differently. If that was something you liked, please consider joining up somewhere.

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 January 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

My point is that this guy is awestruck that they can zerg rush pugs. I'm willing to bet that their 11-man could also heavy rush pugs, or attrition bleed pugs, or outsnipe pugs. That's nice, but so could my grandma with an 11-man.

There's plenty of room to praise all our units. We don't know who they fought, so let's just be happy for them!

#9 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

Lol last night WoL had a match against A.C.E.S. It was fun , but took me ten minutes to remove the boot from my ass.

#10 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, that's been the state of things when we fight them. Someday.

Also, I just saw the map (been unable to play for the last few days...) Congrats to TCAF for getting your name on two(!!) planets!

We needed more units represented on there.

#11 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 06 January 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Also, I just saw the map (been unable to play for the last few days...) Congrats to TCAF for getting your name on two(!!) planets!

We needed more units represented on there.

Thank You!
It is the victory of all Liao units, which were helped us.

#12 Bad Russian villian Cherkasov

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Tikonov Commonality Armed Forces unit is interested in expanding the borders of Capellan Confederation in the Inner Sphere as well as it's interested in defending it's planets. We have at least one full drop after 21:00 GMT+3 (Moscow time). Our tactics may vary depending on different commanders and structure of the drop. If you really think that we have uncommon tactical decisions that you wish to learn, we, again, invite you to our teamspeak.
Since we have English-speaking players in unit, we invite all allied houses and units in tikonov.teamspeak3.com Teamspeak server. At least, for minimum cooperation it is required to tell target indexes, greek letters and mech indexes - these words sound pretty similar on both Russian and English. Of course we have channels for guests from other units.
As for me, I would like to say that playing with players from different countries in one channel brings both advantages and difficulties. For me it is an opportunity to practice english speech and experience calm teamplay. So welcome.

We won't lower arms until Tikonov is ours again as it must be!

#13 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

I guess I am a bit more amazed by the response of some of the players than I was by TCAFs tactics. Having run with many of the groups I have seen the good and bad Liao has to offer, and so far TCAF has provided the most consistent results. This is my opinion and if you disagree, fine and please feel free to put your names on planets also. We are in this together for he glory of our Chancellor!

Note, the light zerg was impressive due to the time. Capping in under3 minutes is impressive no matter the competition. Also I did not discuss their specific tactics for obvious reasons, but I have seen other people attempt what the do with different results.

And hell yeah, I want our factories back too. The thought of greasy Davion hands on our beloved Cataphracts keeps me awake at night!

#14 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Not sure where you're dropping, bro.

I have zero problem admitting that I'm a snob. But for me, MWO has been a language lesson, it has taught me that "Privet" coming from your side means "Prepare to facepalm" in Russian.

#15 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 January 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Not sure where you're dropping, bro.

I have zero problem admitting that I'm a snob. But for me, MWO has been a language lesson, it has taught me that "Privet" coming from your side means "Prepare to facepalm" in Russian.

Hope you will change your mind. There is not only TCAF in Russian Community.

#16 Evgenus

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRu

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 January 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

"Privet" coming from your side means "Prepare to facepalm" in Russian.

"Privet" just means "Hi", and nothing else. If someone is playing bad, it does not mean that all the Russian community has played the same way. Be objective, not be a snob.

Edited by Evgenus, 07 January 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#17 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

As someone who plays in NA , WoL tries to help defend and attack the planets when we have the numbers. We lost a planet last night, so down to 3 , but seeing some other faction unit names on planets is also nice thing to see. Perhaps more Liao factions can continue this tradition.

#18 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostEvgenus, on 07 January 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

"Privet" just means "Hi", and nothing else. If someone is playing bad, it does not mean that all the Russian community has played the same way. Be objective, not be a snob.

Quite comfortable in my snobbery, thank you. ;)

#19 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostGrynos, on 06 January 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Lol last night WoL had a match against A.C.E.S. It was fun , but took me ten minutes to remove the boot from my ass.

this match?

Edited by Stoneblade, 08 January 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#20 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Yup that was the one. You were not on the comms with us though. Otherwise you would have gotten the "screw it all" command. It was fun though. Think that was the only loss WoL had that night.

Edited by Grynos, 08 January 2015 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users