Cw C-Bills Vs Pug Queue C-Bills

30 replies to this topic

#1 RedwoodCoast

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

There current cw has no satisfaction or the pug player.
Wait 10 minutes to get a match and start the drop. Discover misc vs 12.
Wait another 5 for the 12 man to open doors and pop a couple newbs.
Then another 20 minute grind until the cannon is dead.
Even killing 1 for 1 mech isn't worth it vs the pug queue c-bills. Let alone the c-bills vs player time.
There's is absolutely no incentive for c-bills vs time involved to play cw.
The length of time involved just to determine you are up against a 12 man is disgusttng.
Putting pugs against an elitist 12 mans queue makes the economy skewed,
You are essentially giving the organized 12 mans a c-bills multiplier.
This will lead to your communities end, cause you have nothing for the newb or casual player.
And you are putting the success of your game/business solely into the external 12 man community.
Propose you have a non-12 m queue for cw and it counts against a planets point just like the 12v12 would.
It's on you all to satisfy the 12 man community, I dont think they are worth it.
The pug community is the only way you are going to grow your revenue and community.

#2 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

I make about 60-120% in CW, and we suck at it.

#3 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

I made like 250m c-bills out of CW so far, peobably even more. I can't complain :-)

#4 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

C-bills are not the issue. C-bills can happily stay at the level they are now if there are other reasons to play CW i.e. faction rewards worth a damn such as decals, camos, faction mechs and other things that will make people actually want the loyalty points. PUGs will want those too.

The wait time is a separate matter that needs to be resolved for everyone. The only way to find yourself not sat in a queue forever is to drop as a fully formed 12 man which is ridiculous.

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostRedwoodCoast, on 23 January 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

There current cw has no satisfaction or the pug player.
Wait 10 minutes to get a match and start the drop. Discover misc vs 12.
Wait another 5 for the 12 man to open doors and pop a couple newbs.
Then another 20 minute grind until the cannon is dead.
Even killing 1 for 1 mech isn't worth it vs the pug queue c-bills. Let alone the c-bills vs player time.
There's is absolutely no incentive for c-bills vs time involved to play cw.
The length of time involved just to determine you are up against a 12 man is disgusttng.
Putting pugs against an elitist 12 mans queue makes the economy skewed,
You are essentially giving the organized 12 mans a c-bills multiplier.
This will lead to your communities end, cause you have nothing for the newb or casual player.
And you are putting the success of your game/business solely into the external 12 man community.
Propose you have a non-12 m queue for cw and it counts against a planets point just like the 12v12 would.
It's on you all to satisfy the 12 man community, I dont think they are worth it.
The pug community is the only way you are going to grow your revenue and community.

I play the CW Que to fight not make money/XP. I do that in the Open Que.

#6 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

As a solo in CW, it's hard to predict your earnings. From my viewpoint, if you can roll into the battles quickly, you can almost double what you make in the solo queue.....if it takes 20 minutes to find a match, your earnings get cut short. It all boils down to "cbills per hour."

And, yes, that's really a primary concern with the solos. Got nothing better to do than grind a huge bankroll and level chassis you haven't mastered yet.

#7 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 24 January 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

C-bills are not the issue. C-bills can happily stay at the level they are now if there are other reasons to play CW i.e. faction rewards worth a damn such as decals, camos, faction mechs and other things that will make people actually want the loyalty points. PUGs will want those too.

The wait time is a separate matter that needs to be resolved for everyone. The only way to find yourself not sat in a queue forever is to drop as a fully formed 12 man which is ridiculous.

Completely untrue.

Just a matter of picking a side with more on the other.

That means not always slamming defense.

#8 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Completely untrue.

Just a matter of picking a side with more on the other.

That means not always slamming defense.

Played nothing but offense last night, and still sat in the queue for 15 mins plus. What's your next suggestion?

Edit to add: I've also previously sat solo for 45 minutes in an attacking queue where several other Kurita units - all with less than 12 - were attacking the planet. Some of them were waiting for more than 10 minutes also. That kind of queue time is simply unsustainable.

Edited by Onmyoudo, 24 January 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 January 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

As a solo in CW, it's hard to predict your earnings. From my viewpoint, if you can roll into the battles quickly, you can almost double what you make in the solo queue.....if it takes 20 minutes to find a match, your earnings get cut short. It all boils down to "cbills per hour."

And, yes, that's really a primary concern with the solos. Got nothing better to do than grind a huge bankroll and level chassis you haven't mastered yet.

Why don't people give me these memos.
I don't solo to make money. I do it to try to kill folks in game. :unsure:

#10 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Why should you have to sacrifice rewards and grind -even harder- to prosper in CW vs. pubbie queues?

If I play X hours in one queue, there's nothing right about me playing X hours in another and not having a reasonable chance to make the same rewards.

#11 JackkyChan

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

Good job OP you are right CW C-bills/XP sucks for pugs and the wait time blows. Its the same for the pug/solo MM queues anymore before the last 2-3 C-bill/xp nerfs i was making 200k+ in the solo mm now its like 60k so plain and simple I just said forget it I wont play until PGI pulls there head out of there assess and gives me a reason to come back and play MWO for CW or solo drops=Better rewards like we used to have and fix CW for pugs.

P.S tried some groups for solo and CW made like 20k more for a few games was not worth the hassle of listening to E-PEEN players pumping up each others heads on how they were so much more superior to pugs and laughed at all the pug stomps.

#12 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Furthermore, for pugs who are having a bad CW experience, how do you then say to them they need to grind up enough C-Bills to equip a full drop deck? This is no small investment in time and effort...just to reach a level playing field on the equipment side.

When CW started, I had exactly one mech that could be said to qualify for the CW environment. I could bring two others which where not outfitted correctly, and a trial mech. I had enough modules for one mech, not four.

Thank God I'm not a Clan mech player.

It is only just now that I feel comfortable with a decent four mech drop deck... and I am still well short on modules. I will need another month or two of grinding to aquire all of those as well.

I play at least several hours, every day.

How many pugs can do that?

How can CW survive without the pugs?

If I am having trouble meeting the minimal requirements of fair competition, and I am, then I assure you the casual pugs are not even going to try...and without them, you do not have a game.

This game requires a leveling system of some kind, or at the very least, a somewhat radical economic overhaul.

We initiated a new gaming mode, without a viable gaming economy to support it.

#13 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

I probably average over 600K CBills per CW match. Thats close to 1.2 Mil an hour. Can't do that in group/solo queue. Learn 2 play is real.

#14 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

I would play the standard pub queue for money but I don't gain LP that way, and as a PuG I take offense to you calling 12 mans elitist, many of the 12 man teams I have encountered were actually very nice and friendly players.

I do agree that the C-Bill gain is a little lacking and that can be discouraging but having the chance to run along side or against some really great players is worth it to me.

#15 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

I saw the nerf to cbills as a subtle way to "encourage" people to buy premium time and hero mechs. Maybe that sounds a bit harsh, but lets face it PGI needs to stay solvent or MWO dies. As someone before me said, the best way to make cbills is with premium time and a hero/champion mech (some of which have been given away). If this isn't acceptable, then keep grinding, their mc/premium time contests do help.

Also:

Use Li Song or Smurfy to set up mechs before using the MWO mechlab to avoid wasting cbills

Try to NEVER sell anything, as a 50% loss is harsh unless you are sure you will never need/want it.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

View Postwanderer, on 24 January 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Why should you have to sacrifice rewards and grind -even harder- to prosper in CW vs. pubbie queues?

If I play X hours in one queue, there's nothing right about me playing X hours in another and not having a reasonable chance to make the same rewards.

We have both. And Why do the rewards have to be In both? A hard mode is not meant to be "Rewarding" It's meant to be "challenging". On my first good game I made 168K C-bills for 16 minutes of play. The Match went the full 30 but for my effort I was rewarded fine.

Also why would I want to grind in CW. It is for showing off my best and brightest. :huh:

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 25 January 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#17 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Making money and grinding are not necessarily the same thing.

Although, I do like that if you are a d-bag and do nothing but zerg and spam consumables you'll lose money taking planets.

#18 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostMoenrg, on 25 January 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

I saw the nerf to cbills as a subtle way to "encourage" people to buy premium time and hero mechs. Maybe that sounds a bit harsh, but lets face it PGI needs to stay solvent or MWO dies. As someone before me said, the best way to make cbills is with premium time and a hero/champion mech (some of which have been given away). If this isn't acceptable, then keep grinding, their mc/premium time contests do help.

Also:

Use Li Song or Smurfy to set up mechs before using the MWO mechlab to avoid wasting cbills

Try to NEVER sell anything, as a 50% loss is harsh unless you are sure you will never need/want it.

That's not how it works out, though, because if base income's nothing, then +50% from premtime still equals nothing.

#19 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Ive been solo grinding my new mechs. I wouldnt take an un-leeted mech to CW.

Problem for me is two-fold. My ISP sux and if my GF is online my ping bounces from 50-2000.

Also my FPS drops terribad on CW. 15fps. I need a new rig.

IF i didnt have those woes, i would be doing CW more cuz ive seen people rake in cash.

#20 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Attacking makes for little money because your objectives don't earn you Cbills.

Defending earns you way more cbills but still its lower than solo que.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users