• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostGoose, on 09 January 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

37dBa? Really? :wacko:

xD - Scythe Fans are bad.

be Quite Silent Wings Gen 3 should come up in the next time. Also good would Noiseblocker NB-eLoop
or Bit Fenix. (http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-450838) - Those are usefull - maybee you should look if they should be PWM or voltage regulated and low RPMs are more quiet. Well everything under 35 db(A) are pretty much unhearable. I guess some of those above have near or under 20db(A). ;) This should be even better.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 09 January 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#42 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 09 January 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

xD - Scythe Fans are bad.

be Quite Silent Wings Gen 3 should come up in the next time. Also good would Noiseblocker NB-eLoop
or Bit Fenix. (http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-450838) - Those are usefull - maybee you should look if they should be PWM or voltage regulated and low RPMs are more quiet. Well everything under 35 db(A) are pretty much unhearable. I guess some of those above have near or under 20db(A). ;) This should be even better.

I always go for 20dB or less. Anything above 20dB is loud. 37dB is VERY loud, but that probably speaks about the fan's maximum speed/noise. Normally motherboard, especially in combination with a resistor and/or some other regulator, keeps the noise at bearable levels even for high performance fans. You have to remember that narrow slots coolers, like water coolers, require higher rpm fans to pull air through them successfully, while open air cooler with wider spaced fins require less of an rpm fans to function as they were intended.

#43 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

If i see it right those scythe are Static Pressure Fans used for coolers to press the air into/through it. For cases you should use Air Flow Fans anyhow.

Just for the clearification what is meant:

#44 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

I chose those fans for the CFM (Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute I'm guessing, therefore the more CFM the more airflow and therefore more air cooling), I wasn't really looking at noise and PCPartPicker don't list if it's Airflow or SP as far as I'm Aware. If I'm mistaken please correct me so i can learn from my mistakes.

Edit: How about this one: SilenX IXP-76-18 90.0 CFM 120mm Fan http://pcpartpicker....ase-fan-ixp7618
18dbA so it should be Quiet?

Edited by Lord Letto, 09 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#45 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

Since some of you are insane and will squabble about pretty much any fine detail, I will leave it at this:

I prefer Yate Loon fans for the case and Corsair SP for the cooler (in my case, the radiator). That is all.

#46 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostLord Letto, on 09 January 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

I chose those fans for the CFM (Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute I'm guessing, therefore the more CFM the more airflow and therefore more air cooling), I wasn't really looking at noise and PCPartPicker don't list if it's Airflow or SP as far as I'm Aware. If I'm mistaken please correct me so i can learn from my mistakes.

SP and Airflow are details you look up for making a good choice. As stated in the video clip. You have allway a best choice for something. To find it, thats the real deal. Only reviews can tell if you fint the right ones.

Since those fans are for the case itself and have contact to the outside, they should be as big as possible (120mm at least better 140 or biger) and as slow as possible. Other points are the concept of the wings so only air moving you us Airflow Fans for this purpose. The better ones have good bearing what help long time without rattling noises or something like this.

CFM is more a question when it comes down to Fans on a cooler or radiatior, since you wanna exchange the hot air between the riibs as fast as possible without much noise. And here you run SP Fans to blow in the air, hoover it out or a combination of both. Some are good pressing air in others do better hoover it out. And so on. Many little details.

View PostxWiredx, on 09 January 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Since some of you are insane and will squabble about pretty much any fine detail, I will leave it at this:

I prefer Yate Loon fans for the case and Corsair SP for the cooler (in my case, the radiator). That is all.

I heared about/read of Yate Loon. I think they had good reviews. I steped away from corsair - i like EK Water Cooling more, but to be honest waterloops could be really special - and i prefer air coolers since they are more robust than a pump in the worst case you only need to change the fan.
Also my opinion is a bit country driven. Since i prefer german engineering over us made products. Well we are in a global market and yes there are good US Produkts, but some are in case sufficient but not good or well done. Anyhow as i said above if you dig deep in reviews you will find good equipment for computers. It is just a matter of time you spend a product.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 09 January 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#47 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostLord Letto, on 09 January 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

… How about this … SilenX …

They are disposables, as they will burn out in about a year, and all warranty claims will be blown off …

But 18's a good number.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users