Cooey! New Oslo!

78 replies to this topic

#1 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Erm, they got 100%.... still 20hrs to go but... you know..

Oops... never mind my badge.. just ignore that.

#2 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

Yep, Bears stopped playing CW. No idea why but I don't have a good feeling about it.

#3 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

Probably cause its such garbage atm.

#4 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

It's become really stale and the maps are horribly imbalanced.

#5 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

So no one want to protect our planets? Why bears attack GOITO, not protecting NEW OSLO?

#6 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

Like I stated in other threads, MWO is going to die if people keep exploiting beta. That's on the players. I mean really, for shame. Mech Warrior is not meant to be played like it's being played right now, but all the hardcore "supposedly +10 year battletech fans" refuse to see that they are killing our player base in a game that ISN'T POPULAR according to today's standards.

I very much like this game and I don't want to see it die. That's why I'll keep preaching MORE UNIT DIVERSITY until this farce is over.

On another note, it lies with the programmers to make sure the game is less exploitable. I wonder if forcing every player's loadout to meet a standard 1 each of Light, Medium, Heavy, and Assault-class would fix this problem. More people would agree that Boreal Vault needs more attack corridors, as the current layout is really 1 corridor.

IMO, having a map with 4 attack corridors would be very easy to balance. If each corridor faces a different direction it would really force people to rely more on coordination of defense and multi-directional assaults than using the same game-breaking strategy over and over. Would make for a more interesting gamemode...

There's also the issue of "Pugism" going around. The way I see it, EVERY player is important to a non-mainstream multiplayer-only game. Alienating people will not make this game more enjoyable, it will simply lead us to extinction.

I'll wait to see how PGI addresses these pressing issues. They are dedicated to keeping their player-base from going extinct, so I know our concerns do not fall on deaf ears.

#STOPTHEPUGISM

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostRepasy, on 04 January 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

There's also the issue of "Pugism" going around. The way I see it, EVERY player is important to a non-mainstream multiplayer-only game. Alienating people will not make this game more enjoyable, it will simply lead us to extinction.

#STOPTHEPUGISM

If those pugs can get into a teamspeak servers and play with their faction mates, i am fine with them.

I want a battletech game, not a Big Robot Online shooter.

#8 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Eh i hope they did this so we're the Ginnie pigs and they are actually watching. Things do need changing and a looking at.

#9 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 January 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

If those pugs can get into a teamspeak servers and play with their faction mates, i am fine with them.

I want a battletech game, not a Big Robot Online shooter.

Fair enough. :P

#10 Shikata nai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Well - since -MS- gone to Steiner and most of the NA Top-Teams switched to FRR the remaining European Teams cannot hold those planets on the long run anyway and focus on other Planets.

#11 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 04 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Yep, Bears stopped playing CW. No idea why but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Probably because every single good team either:
A. Switched from Clan to IS and is now attacking Clans.
B. Joined Clans to annoy other Clans.

If anything I think it shows that 1-2 week contracts is too exploitable by powerful Merc units. If CGBI stopped caring about CW then that would make it the 3rd lore based unit in 2 days to say they're tired of CW.

Can't blame 'em. With the current focus of power, CW is no longer an immersive, coordinated environment. Just a playground for comp teams to gang up and smash non-comp teams.

#12 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostAresye, on 04 January 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Can't blame 'em. With the current focus of power, CW is no longer an immersive, coordinated environment. Just a playground for comp teams to gang up and smash non-comp teams.

CW could never be an immersive, coordinated environment without unit cohesion and comms, two things that PGI hasn't given us anyway - at least not very well. There are dozens of things they could have done to improve the 'community' part of CW before rolling out this Beta, and I hope that before CW goes fully live they address a lot of that.

I'd say the biggest issue right now that's demoralized Clan teams and units is the exploitation of the Thunderbolt stomps using triple PPCs which can be alpha-fired without any heat issues. You go into an Attack or Counter-Attack against a team rolling 12 Thunderpeeps, you're going to get rolled unless they are absolutely horrible shots (I've seen it, but most units that field full Thunderpeeps know WTF they are doing in a Mech). I'm not necessarily saying that Thunderbolts should be nerfed (though they should, a bit) but that Clan mechs need their quirks pass to remain competitive with heavily quirked mechs like the TBR.

#13 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 04 January 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

... to remain competitive with heavily quirked mechs like the TBR.

Before ppl start saying it out loud (I KNOW you're thinking it), he meant TDR... ;)

#14 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostLachesis Muta, on 04 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Well - since -MS- gone to Steiner and most of the NA Top-Teams switched to FRR the remaining European Teams cannot hold those planets on the long run anyway and focus on other Planets.

If anything I think it shows that 1-2 week contracts is too exploitable by powerful Merc units. If CGBI stopped caring about CW then that would make it the 3rd lore based unit in 2 days to say they're tired of CW.

STS North American side has gotten extremely bored with CW. Majority of it stems from horrible map design, tactics that are flat out broken because the maps cater to them, and lastly issues we have had with smaller units doing whatever they want in drop instead of trying to work with us as a team. PUGs are a problem to a point, they should have a role but where? I could see PGI doing a rating system, where if you are not in a unit with 12 or more people you are considered a militia unit and can only play with and against militia units. Units with 12 or more people get classified as front line units. Sort of a matchmaker but not as nitty gritty. If you want to be front line then you should have to look into a bigger unit.

As far as Units, PGI needs to do a hell of a better job distinguishing between House/Clan and Merc Units. There needs to be Pros and Cons to both. Ex. Cbill rewards. House and Clan get a daily allowance (think of it as a dailystipend) of cbills win or lose, but in match get slightly less. Merc units get more Cbills in matches, but no faction allowance. Weapons house/ clan should get over all cheaper equipment cost at the expense of the faction, while Merc Units can salvage weapons and engines from mechs that they destroy via RNG, with XL engines being rare as can be and Flamers the most common. These are just ideas after all.

Lastly the maps need another pass to made logical. More defense, more then one route into a base, maybe random timed objectives to promote scouting and what not. When i pictured CW maps i was expecting wide open maps 2-3x bigger then Alpine, with a base laden with defenses. A map where it actually would be logical to have people in active scout roles searching for an enemy advance, instead of this funnel created by PGI that we know an attack is going to come from that direction. Bases should be decent in size, unlike the ones we currently have, with landing zones actually in a LZ instead of dropping you right on top of the objective.

#15 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

Technically we're all merc units. Even if you pledged lifetime you can still cancel the contract and go Davion if you wanted to take your unit that way.

#16 Tunes of war

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

Ghostbear.... come back and fight... its nice to get some worlds back but with no fights its no fun... the phoenix legion just came from the liao/davion border to have some fun... and then there is no one to fight against...

#17 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostTunes of war, on 05 January 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Ghostbear.... come back and fight... its nice to get some worlds back but with no fights its no fun... the phoenix legion just came from the liao/davion border to have some fun... and then there is no one to fight against...

Three Units from Europe are small Compunits with 20-30 Players and can not allways play as a 12 Man.
MRBC and RHoD comes around, so the Focus on Leagueplay (Scrimms) and not on CW.

Edited by HiasRGB, 05 January 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#18 Vestulance

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

personally don't care what unit with a Ghost Bear clan tag controls what planet....we need to get organized and work with other ghost bear clans....times dates ect .

#19 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostTunes of war, on 05 January 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Every tryhard in the game has made it their mission to stomp us clanners back to Strana Mechty. Not gonna lie to you man, the game has become bland since all we can ever do is Defend, not enough Ghost Bears around anymore... U want an intense fight? come join us, you'll get ripped a new one...

#20 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 04 January 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

STS North American side has gotten extremely bored with CW. Majority of it stems from horrible map design, tactics that are flat out broken because the maps cater to them, and lastly issues we have had with smaller units doing whatever they want in drop instead of trying to work with us as a team.

Smaller units? [BSK] the BerSerKer have gotten extremely bored with CW because of the huge issues we got with bigger units. The group of people interested in CW in our unit shrunk down to 8 people. We have very unpleasant drops with small groups from the big units on a daily basis. Apparently quantity has nothing to do with quality, because players from big units seem to think they don't need to cooperate with people who are not on their TS server. Absolutely no communication, any attempt to coordinate is ignored, later flamed and spammed, we even see our members intentionally blocked and even shot at.

We are done with arguing in the game, if people don't want to have fun playing a game, if cowards prefer to fight their own instead of the enemy, then we just try to get as many credits as we can in that match.

If you want the Ghost Bears to cooperate, start with the units!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users