Dear Cgbi

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zamiake

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

Seriously you guys look impressive as hek on the map a month or 2 ago the map was in defualt positions. Now when i come back ghost bears are sweeping territory.

I only went to wolves cause they are tied into the lore of my favorite clan mech dire wolves, but the clans in general in that faction feel weak.The biggest factor to effective moves like yours looks to be communication. How else could you cordinate so well between all the clans.

So i think i want to join you guys soon. Already set up an account and will apply after work tonight.

Also I know a bit of japanese, but im pretty sure the fan base for japanese players is pretty low so i dont know how useful that would actually be for you guys

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

To be fair, their advance was quite helped by competitive merc units joining their ranks for a while (and poking at us in the meantime, distracting us a bit as well..).

Remember, CW is a game of numbers ;)
Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 January 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#3 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

Cudos for CGBI. Way to hold the line as much as possible when the Mercs of Ghost Bear left.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 10 January 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Cudos for CGBI. Way to hold the line as much as possible when the Mercs of Ghost Bear left.

They have done well in Op. Revival. However, to be fair, they face only House Kurita, which has never put up so much of a challenge to them, and the FRR, which apparently is focused on us (as House Steiner is).

#5 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 January 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

To be fair, their advance was quite helped by competitive merc units joining their ranks for a while (and poking at us in the meantime, distracting us a bit as well..).

Remember, CW is a game of numbers ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

CSJ do not have the same numbers but hold their own and don't complain. Somewhere in here I believe there is a social message as to the capabilities of effective diplomacy with other groups that seperates the Clans and/or factional capabilities. Which I guess is helpful to ensure that a certain playstyle choice from the BT universe (MERCS) is recognised in MWO.

As has been said the MRBC may be a more refined solution for interacting with MERC groups, but diplomacy will always be a factor of the game despite how the definitions of groups are applied. I would have hoped even by a kind of darwanistic effect the penny would have dropped by now. ;)

Edited by Noesis, 10 January 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostNoesis, on 10 January 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

CSJ do not have the same numbers but hold their own and don't complain. Somewhere in here I believe there is a social message as to the capabilities of effective diplomacy with other groups that seperates the Clans and/or factional capabilities. Which I guess is helpful to ensure that a certain playstyle choice from the BT universe (MERCS) is recognised in MWO.

CSJ does not have to face House Steiner+FRR+Mercs, quineg? ;) Anyway, they have done pretty well considering their numbers.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

No just FRR, Mercs and Kurita.

Seems reasonable given our size.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 10 January 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

No just FRR, Mercs and Kurita.

Seems reasonable given our size.

They must have not given you so much trouble since you have expanded so much. Probably you Jags are just pretty good :)

#9 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 January 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

They must have not given you so much trouble since you have expanded so much. Probably you Jags are just pretty good :)

They were expanding on the Kurita front quite well, the fights I heard were tough and interesting, however because FRR has that stupid attack lane on Idlewind ramping the planet up, CSJ had to beat the planet down and in turn couldn't throw their full (still meager) numbers at their kurita defense or attack. Notice once Idlewind isn't attacked CSJ can get stuff done.

I would've expected CSJ to be the only Clan to have held ground or gained it during the push from Steiner and FRR borders, however the bugs in the algorithm are still causing headaches for everyone... hell FRR could've had a Falcon planet also to boot...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users