Calling On Jager Drivers.

45 replies to this topic

#41 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

These forums generally hate Dual Gauss Jagers and Dual 20 Jagers, and have called them OP long after they were not even remotely OP.

Instead we get dumb dakka quirks so you can stand there "DPSing like a boss!" with those large, juicy, XL creme filled side torsos.

I don't expect there will be much popular sympathy for this mech, unless you are begging for buffs to some silly troll build like all AC 2s.

#42 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 12 January 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

The JM-6S with it's +10% to projectile speed and range quirks is still an excellent sniper.

ETA: This is what I run, feel free to adjust ammo/armor to taste
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b716adab2790a2d

I generally run the dual gauss on the S as well. The 7.5% cooldown on ballistic is a little helpful stacked with the cooldown module. Plus the quirks you mentioned.

I generally will not run the dual mediums in favor of more ammo but that is personal preference.

Something you might try though is switching your ammo over to mostly 1/2 ton ammo and crit padding your side torsos as well as the arms as much as you can before you run out of slots.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 12 January 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

2 LL and 2 UAC5 has been my favorite for a long time now, much better than dual gauss or ac/20 in terms of its capabilities. Also 3 AC/5's is pretty decent as well. The key thing is to always take a standard engine, the XL makes em too squishy!

Ran the 2LL and 2UAC5 on the Firebrand for a long time and it is a solid setup. I still like it for the Firebrand since the quirks on it are meh.

#43 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

My JM6-S w/ 2xAC2, 2xAC5 does just fine. my JM6-FB (2xERLL, 2xAC5) does great. The JM6-A I have (SSRMs and AC5s) does fine, but isn't synched with quirks... no biggie tho. Not sure if I'm going to leave it with the SSRMs or go to LRMs.

#44 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 11 January 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

Gauss is fine. Just wish I could have the Dakka back. Poor AC2's

AC2's...the only weapon that fires coolest when you alpha 4 of them at once, but activates ghost-heat when you chainfire.

#45 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Boy, I've had the S for awhile now and tried three or four different builds and nothing worked for me. The closest I got was the almost stock build of 2x AC-2s, 2x AC-5s, and 2x MLs but it sacrifices so much to run a standard engine with that weaponry.

I finally gave up on it and sold it last night. I love my Blackjacks to death; guess I'll just wait for the Rifleman.

#46 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostCavadus, on 12 January 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

guess I'll just wait for the Rifleman.

Firebrand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users