63 replies to this topic

#1 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

Like the title says, playing in solo queue just feels dirty. Kind of like stealing candy from a baby or watching my team mates act like monkeys humping a football. Sometimes it is even both. All I can say is wow and shake my head.

I was leveling up my Mist Lynx Prime and was out killing and out damaging assaults. All I have is an ERPPC and ECM. You have to strip away armor to even get those two items to fit. Once mechs engage no one is noticing those blue lightening shots or where they are coming from. Take away the Red Doritos from solo queue guys and they have no idea where you are, if over 400m or 500m away.

I have said it once and I will say it again, bad pilots make bad decisions. Once a pilot becomes task saturated and is herp a derping shooting at whatever is in front of him, that guy is dead. For all of you pilots relying on your weight advantage to help you get damage and kills ... learn to use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Go read some Sam Sheridan, Miyamato Musashi, Bruce Lee whatever it takes to get your mind focused and your ability unleashed. Or, I suppose, you can just learn to love losing. I know you are upset and want to rage and say it was everyone else's fault but your own. The only way you will become better is if you want to become better. The only actions you can influence in this game, and in life, are your own.

Good luck, remember progress not perfection. Try and do more and more things right if you can. If you dont know what the right thing to do is ... find someone who does. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks for the c-bills and exp.

#2 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostZolaz, on 11 January 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Like the title says, playing in solo queue just feels dirty. Kind of like stealing candy from a baby or watching my team mates act like monkeys humping a football. Sometimes it is even both. All I can say is wow and shake my head.

I was leveling up my Mist Lynx Prime and was out killing and out damaging assaults. All I have is an ERPPC and ECM. You have to strip away armor to even get those two items to fit. Once mechs engage no one is noticing those blue lightening shots or where they are coming from. Take away the Red Doritos from solo queue guys and they have no idea where you are, if over 400m or 500m away.

I have said it once and I will say it again, bad pilots make bad decisions. Once a pilot becomes task saturated and is herp a derping shooting at whatever is in front of him, that guy is dead. For all of you pilots relying on your weight advantage to help you get damage and kills ... learn to use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Go read some Sam Sheridan, Miyamato Musashi, Bruce Lee whatever it takes to get your mind focused and your ability unleashed. Or, I suppose, you can just learn to love losing. I know you are upset and want to rage and say it was everyone else's fault but your own. The only way you will become better is if you want to become better. The only actions you can influence in this game, and in life, are your own.

Good luck, remember progress not perfection. Try and do more and more things right if you can. If you dont know what the right thing to do is ... find someone who does. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks for the c-bills and exp.

I think I killed about 15 XL/LRM stalkers yesterday grinding Firestarters

/sigh

#3 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Hope your ego feels much better now, OP.

Edited by kapusta11, 11 January 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#4 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

So hardcore.

#5 Mordric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 237 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I like to think of Solo Que's as a Active training.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Once in a while, all of your opponents are like target practice and getting the random miracle game happens.

Getting 8-kills with a Summoner-D with CLBX10 was an awesome and equally awkward moment.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Meh, ECM is brokenly OP in pugs, we all know that. PGI really need to rework the whole info warfare system, more closely to that of canon. That said, I hope you are not here to gloat just cause you had one good game. ;)

Pugland is full of wonders. Just now, two of our lances chased after a single Nova in Frozen City and went below at B4, while the enemy team steamrolled the rest. *smh...

Edited by El Bandito, 11 January 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

It's a game. I get hardcore about real life not a game.

I suggest you try your ego on the streets just once.

#9 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostZolaz, on 11 January 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

I was leveling up my Mist Lynx Prime and was out killing and out damaging assaults. All I have is an ERPPC and ECM.

Crap like that is why solo drops fail so bloody hard, piss poor plays from people with loadouts that could change a game completely. When that little mech on the other side of the map mildly annoying a single assault mech 11 other players on their team are being ***** by lrms.

#10 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

I'm gonna guess you have like a 1.5 w/l and a 2 KDR and think you're awesome.

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

I try not to look down on people
I always blame it on poor positioning

I also realize this game is controlled by the computer if you stick around in the solo queue long enough you will run into a streak where you die and die and lose and lose

Then all of a sudden you become a Mech Piloting god

One last point is all assaults are extremely weak I am guessing this allows lights to take down assaults fairly easily
And the reason they are almost worthless in CW

An analogy would be a WWII destroyer would have little chance in taking out a Battle ship solo but in MWO lights can take down an assault

In MWO my raven carries 2 ERLLs' and so does the Victor that I have

#12 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

*claps* Oh op you are so hardcore using derp ecm and derp sniping with erppc because you know that takes so much skill you dont have to worry about getting shot at half as much so you feel so so good about yourself.

Get real kid. Lets compare our actual lives and then you can act all high and mighty.

#13 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 11 January 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

In MWO my raven carries 2 ERLLs' and so does the Victor that I have

If that's what you're carrying in your Victor, it's not the mech that's the problem.

#14 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 11 January 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hope your ego feels much better now, OP.

He is right though.

#15 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

I will never understand why people are proud when they win and one person on the enemy team broke 200 dmg.

And your entire team broke average to high damage,

That my friend was a fight you couldn't lose means absolutely nothing.

And ECM is broken everyone knows that slow lock and lose targets is OP should just slow locks- and otherwise work like radar derp only lose lock outside of LoS problem solved.

#16 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Oh, I so understand, OP!

It's like when I'm doing business analysis, and I'm paired with an intern, all I can feel is pity for him when I'm just so much more skilled than him.

I get up when I'm done and just slap him on the shoulder."Try Harder, n00b", I say, basking in my superiority.

Yes, I truly am a superior person, because my greater experience has improved my skills compared to other people. All I can feel is pity and a bit of disdain that they're not yet at my level.

Oooooor, I can accept that they haven't had the opportunity to learn some of the lessons ive learned, and do my best to offer feedback, even if it's a single sentence at the end of a session.

Be that requirements gathering or Pugging

#17 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

The way he said it though makes him look like a real douche bag...lol telling someone to read a book man thats rich.

#18 Merc Montego

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

All I can tell you is that in the matches I was in with him today, he got really, really upset when he lost. A couple of the matches were really close, good games lasting almost the full 15 minutes with only a 3 or 4 kill difference that only came at the end. Two good teams fighting it out with one just being a little bit better and taking the win.

Of course he blamed the rest of his team in 'all' chat, chanting his "bad pilots make bad decisions". Kind of hard to listen to anyone who does nothing but whine about everyone else. Never once during any match when I was on is side did he attempt to impart some of the vast strategic wisdom he feels he has to help the team. When we won or lost, his damage/kills were so low he wasn't even really a factor.

The only reason I even bother responding to his post was because of the hate he spewed at the end of each loss.

#19 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Kiling Mechs using a Firestarter should make a honorable Pilot feel extremely dirty if not being a reason to do Seppuku.
Aside of that it seems your Underhive-Elo prevents you from facing better Pilots or your Uberhive-Elo makes the Matchmaker fail to find appropriate Opponents.
In both ways the reason is only your hilarious deciison to play PUGland matches thus you are fully responsible for anything happen.

Enjoy!

#20 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

Wait wait.... so, it's not a bots in matches?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users