Resistance Mech Data...when?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

I was not here when the last couple mech packs were added to the game, so...when do the online mechlab sites usually start adding the latest mechs to their selection? Do they usually show up there prior to the mechs' release?

Thought for the day: Zeus is its own excuse.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

all the mechlab sites use game data - and those Mechs are not in the game data yet.

Isn't necessary at all - because all of them could be "created" by other Mechs. You simple have to rearrange some slots, or not the available tonnage.
The DS for example - is a good proxy for the Zeus 6S, Zeus 9T and 6T could be made with Awesome 9M
Grashopper - Catapract - although you don't have all energy weapons of the Hopper, nor the missiles
Enforcer - trebuchet or Centurion
Panther - Jenner

Edited by Karl Streiger, 12 January 2015 - 12:44 AM.

#3 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:24 AM

We dont have resistance quirks yet.

#4 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

Expect some lame quirks like -50% heat gen for energy heavy mechs and -50% cooldown for those that rely more ballistics.

#5 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 January 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

all the mechlab sites use game data - and those Mechs are not in the game data yet.

Isn't necessary at all - because all of them could be "created" by other Mechs. You simple have to rearrange some slots, or not the available tonnage.
The DS for example - is a good proxy for the Zeus 6S, Zeus 9T and 6T could be made with Awesome 9M
Grashopper - Catapract - although you don't have all energy weapons of the Hopper, nor the missiles
Panther - Jenner

I have lots of config ideas already from tabletop, and have already played around a bit with The Drawing Board; however, PGI has not always stuck precisely to canon, so I am wondering if this mech might deviate slightly.

Namely, I have yet to see if they plan on sticking with the actual actuator setup of the ZEU-6S; I am hoping they do not attach a boat anchor lower arm actuator to the left arm. With all the non-canonical things they have added to this game, I cannot see this breaking anything.

The 6S will not need any fancy quirks, IMHO, as long as it is capable of mounting an AC/20.

#6 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

The 6S will not need any fancy quirks, IMHO, as long as it is capable of mounting an AC/20.

right on top - a AC 20 is its own quirk - and doesn't need anything else.

#7 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Tell that to the HBK and its AC20 quirk. Damn that thing is scary.

#8 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

sometimes a mech need to fulfill his legacy: the HBK-4G need the increased rate of fire:
a-valkyries-nightmare:
http://mwomercs.com/...ries-nightmare/

(Ok admit - would be nice if AC 20 quirks on HBK behave different to Centurion or BJs. But I hope Quirks is "Beta" because to be named "Quirks" we need some flaws.

#9 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Namely, I have yet to see if they plan on sticking with the actual actuator setup of the ZEU-6S; I am hoping they do not attach a boat anchor lower arm actuator to the left arm. With all the non-canonical things they have added to this game, I cannot see this breaking anything.

I'd be willing to wager money on them leaving the lower arm actuator on the 6S. And I'm totally ok with that. AC5, UAC5, AC10, or Gauss will work just fine there.

#10 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 12 January 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Tell that to the HBK and its AC20 quirk. Damn that thing is scary.

I LOVE my HBK-4G. I started building the other HBK's to their quirks. They are all nasty infighters....

#11 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

The AC/20: a.k.a. The Equalizer B)

View PostEscef, on 12 January 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'd be willing to wager money on them leaving the lower arm actuator on the 6S. And I'm totally ok with that. AC5, UAC5, AC10, or Gauss will work just fine there.

Yeah...something tells me they will probably milk us for a hero version later with the appropriate crap removed from the left arm.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostAethon, on 12 January 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

Yeah...something tells me they will probably milk us for a hero version later with the appropriate crap removed from the left arm.

If you want an AC20 arm 80 ton mech, might I point you to the Victor? If they do a Hero Zeus the most notable one is WAY out of timeline (the ZEU-X Stacy).

As for what you can do with the ZEU-6S, you can upgrade to 12 double sinks, endo, ferro, pretty much max the armor, LRM15 w/2 tons ammo, AC10 w/2 tons ammo, ERLL, 3xML and call it done. Just use the missile side to shield the more valuable ballistic and energy side. Alternatively, you could cut the LRM15 down to a 10 for twin AC2, or drop the missiles to a token SRM4 for twin AC5. Or even drop the missiles entirely for an AC5+UAC5 setup. Or you could get really froggy and forgo ferro armor and drop in a huge XL and go assault skirmisher (maxed out engine will have it going almost 87 kph with speed tweak, hello, Steiner scout mech).

Honestly, I'm expecting the ZEU-6T to be a freakin' monster. 3 missile points on the right arm? 3xASRM6, LPL, 3xML, some extra heat sinks? Big XL to close distance optional?

#13 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 January 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

Panther - Jenner

Precisely what I've been doing.

The Grasshopper 5J is hard to match up with anything, especially if you want to use a 365 rated engine. I've figured that I can use other weapons to match tonnage and crit spaces, and try to leave a few tons open to make up for the higher engine rating. I like the options this mech presents. It should be a bigger, badder version of the quickdraw. If its hitboxes and model are good, it could be a great mech.

The Enforcer is going to be an interesting mech if it can indeed mount an AC20. The jumpjet capability gives it the mobility I miss when running a centurion. It too doesn't have a perfect match, as no Centurion has jump jets, and no Trebuchet with ballistics (all one of them) has jumpjets. I suppose that makes the chassis fairly unique in its weight range, which I like.

The Panther better get some massive quirks or it's nothing more than a slow firestarter. Destroy its arm, limit it to missiles? A Jenner-D has it beaten badly by hardpoints and engine cap alone. My best case scenario has it using an XL250, 2xLPL and a single jump jet. Endo/FF/DHS will be a requirement. Anything that can boat LPLs can't be completely bad.

I'm not sold on the Zeus. The lack of jumpjets makes me favor Victors more for the same tonnage. If I wanted a big ground-bound assault, I'd pick a Battlemaster or King Crab. Plus, who has an XL390 sitting around? At least some of us have an XL400 we pulled out of the useless Boar's Head.

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 January 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 January 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

The Enforcer is going to be an interesting mech if it can indeed mount an AC20. The jumpjet capability gives it the mobility I miss when running a centurion, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Pretty sure it is not going to be AC20 capable. Not going to say 100%, every now and again PGI surprises ya'.

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 January 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

The Panther better get some massive quirks or it's nothing more than a slow firestarter. Remove it's arm, limit it to missiles? A Jenner-D has it's hardpoints beaten badly. My best case scenario has it using an XL250, 2xLPL and a single jump jet. Endo/FF/DHS will be a requirement. Anything that can boat LPLs can't be completely bad.

I run my FS9-H as 3xML, 2xJJ, endo, near max ferro armor, AC5 w/2 tons ammo, and a 255XL. Is it great? Not really. Is it any worse than a clan light? Nope. Keeping this in mind, do I expect the Panther to be horrible? No. I don't expect it to be great either, however.

Edited by Escef, 12 January 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#15 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostEscef, on 12 January 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

Pretty sure it is not going to be AC20 capable. Not going to say 100%, every now and again PGI surprises ya'.

I run my FS9-H as 3xML, 2xJJ, endo, near max ferro armor, AC5 w/2 tons ammo, and a 255XL. Is it great? Not really. Is it any worse than a clan light? Nope. Keeping this in mind, do I expect the Panther to be horrible? No. I don't expect ti to be great either, however.

I agree that it's likely the Enforcer will have a lower arm actuator, making an AC20 impossible. Otherwise the enforcer would invalidate a major reason to run Centurions. We can still hope though...

I've never though of running an AC5 on a IS light. The tonnage just seems counterproductive. I favor running all energy on lights 100% of the time with the exception of being forced to boat MGs. If you've got the tonnage, an 11 damage, 7 heat shot from an LPL is powerful and efficient.

I actually like Clan Lights, especially the Kitfox. I've had many great games with an ECM, UAC5, 3xML, 1xJJ setup. Deadly and adaptive. Just don't fight IS lights with it unless you're in a group!

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 January 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 January 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

I've never though of running an AC5 on a IS light. The tonnage just seems counterproductive. I favor running all energy on lights 100% of the time with the exception of being forced to boat MGs. If you've got the tonnage, an 11 damage, 7 heat shot from an LPL is powerful and efficient.

I actually like Clan Lights, especially the Kitfox. I've had many great games with an ECM, UAC5, 3xML, 1xJJ setup. Deadly and adaptive. Just don't fight IS lights with it unless you're in a group!

I was actually going to compare my FS9-H to that kind of setup on the Kit Fox (I think I run more JJs on my KFX, but I guess a lot of people stumbled upon some variation of that build by now). Last time I took my FS9-H out was in a solo queue game this morning. I was 3rd highest damage dealer in the drop, beat out by a D-DC and a Wolverine 6R (the 3 Dire Wolves on the enemy team weren't even close). I also once saw Errodien (one of the NGNG streamers) run something similar on the FS9-H, he went for 2xML and a UAC5 (not sure how well it worked out for him).

Honestly, the only reason I went for the AC5 is because I was already running the ubiquitous 4xML/4xMG on the Ember, I wanted something that would play differently, and I figured the AC2 just wouldn't work out as well. The AC5 has a fast enough refire rate to make it usable while skirmishing, and enough range for light sniper duty. Plus the 5 points to one location seems a better deal, overall.

Edited by Escef, 12 January 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#17 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

checking the calendar Dec 15, first 2 Resistance mechs released but that's on a sunday, maybe they release it on Friday the 13 o_O

#18 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 12 January 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

checking the calendar Dec 15, first 2 Resistance mechs released but that's on a sunday, maybe they release it on Friday the 13 o_O

February 15th, I think you meant. Anyway, yeah, that is a Sunday, no idea what they were thinking. Maybe the 17th, that's a Tuesday, bring 'em out on a patch day?

EDIT: Just tweeted Russ on this, we'll see if he has anything to say.

Edited by Escef, 12 January 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#19 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

I can't believe it's only a little over a month away. 6 more mechs I can fool around with... Even though 3 will be the iffy Panther. At least it will be a light and a medium, so the queues won't be as loaded with one or the other.

I'd better get to mastering those Victors, Battlemasters and on the 19th, Crabs. So much to do.

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 January 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#20 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostEscef, on 12 January 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

If you want an AC20 arm 80 ton mech, might I point you to the Victor? If they do a Hero Zeus the most notable one is WAY out of timeline (the ZEU-X Stacy).

As for what you can do with the ZEU-6S, you can upgrade to 12 double sinks, endo, ferro, pretty much max the armor, LRM15 w/2 tons ammo, AC10 w/2 tons ammo, ERLL, 3xML and call it done. Just use the missile side to shield the more valuable ballistic and energy side. Alternatively, you could cut the LRM15 down to a 10 for twin AC2, or drop the missiles to a token SRM4 for twin AC5. Or even drop the missiles entirely for an AC5+UAC5 setup. Or you could get really froggy and forgo ferro armor and drop in a huge XL and go assault skirmisher (maxed out engine will have it going almost 87 kph with speed tweak, hello, Steiner scout mech).

Honestly, I'm expecting the ZEU-6T to be a freakin' monster. 3 missile points on the right arm? 3xASRM6, LPL, 3xML, some extra heat sinks? Big XL to close distance optional?

The Victor is not my cup of tea; and yes, the laser/missle-heavy variants of the Zeus will probably be great, as most mechs of that type happen to be. I am hoping the ballistic one is not going to be sidelined, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users