Game Telling Me To Patch

50 replies to this topic

#1 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

every time I try to play, I get to the log in and then when I click on log in and it then tells me that there is a new patch and to close the game and run the patcher.

however there is no option to allow me to run the patcher.
anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

#2 Kuthain

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:56 AM

I have the same issue currently. Hopefully they will address it soon.

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

aye, seeing as the sell ends today I was hoping to save up more for a new mech but with this problem I might miss it and I like playing the game..

#4 Jopshua

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ing-patch-cycle
Go here before you do something stupid like i did. I'm now reinstalling and patching the game because I didn't see that page before uninstalling.

[Original Reply] Repair tool winds up creating more problems. I can't launch the game at all now because MWOClient.exe is not found in the Bin64 folder. I do not recommend running the repair tool.

Edited by Jopshua, 13 January 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#5 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

No bueno. I ran into the loop issue last week, now I'm getting the update available problem. All the DNS stuff has been done and the game ran just fine earlier today.

I think the game hates me.

#6 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

Run Windows Update. There's something there. It worked for me

#7 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

Do your Windows updates and run the MWO repair tool. It will find mismatches and download the correct files. Mine just completed.

#8 Kuthain

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

Well I ran the Windows update and the repair tool. Now it's telling me "Missing PAK file. Please run the repair tool" / "Failed to initialize game". I guess It's time to uninstall/reinstall the game. <_<

#9 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

if you can do a tracert or ping 192.99.109.129 which i believe is the new mwo server ip or 192.99.109.192 maybe the patch server or login

if you are losing packets, most likely case is the link between you and the mwo server has a problem

Edited by Draven Darkshadow, 14 January 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#10 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

I did notice after running repair tool it removed my 64 bit client. So I did in fact reinstall.

#11 GuavaPastry

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

Same issue. Reinstalling the game did not fix it. All of the steps for the similar installer looping bug (which I also had yesterday but mysteriously disappeared) either did nothing or did not work. Running the repair tool crashes when it tries to update MechWarriorOnline.exe (It was not running at the time, only the repair tool). Microsoft fix-it tool could not uninstall the game.

#12 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

i hope this gets looked at soon

flushing the dns as provided by that link worked once, now it does not work at all

#13 CgMass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOK

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

I am having this ssame issue. The first time I reinstall it works fine. After i log out it breaks the game. I can't even copy the install from 1 pc to another via my network and run it. Two weeks of premium time wasted so far.

So far Support has not been helpful. Its been 2 weeks and no response.

Edited by CgMass, 15 January 2015 - 07:23 PM.

#14 Salamander Z

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

would get down load of full game for a couple of weeks but it would work after that .. then it started hanging on the log in telling me to go back out for a patch, flush DNS worked once .. yesterday happened again and had to un install/ re install.. . today it has happened again and i think if I un install the game again I am not re installing it.

#15 Daeqar

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

I had the same thing happen... Said it needed a patch even though no patch available. Flushdns didn't work. Next tried the repair tool, but that seemed to make things worse - missing PAK file message. Uninstalled, then re-install. That went smoothly until it finished and then reached the point of applying patches. When it starts to patch, the launcher just disappears and nothing happens.

Pretty frustrating - really wanted to play the challenge this weekend and now the game won't run.

I suspect recent Windows Updates might have broke something with their code, if I had to guess.

#16 Kuthain

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

I'm still having the same issues as noted above. I got to play for maybe a day after fully re-installing the game. Then all of a sudden, the game is telling me that there is a patch available (when I go to log in), and that I need to close out and re-run the patcher. This happened out of the blue, so PGI really needs to look into what's breaking their game for us.... :angry:

#17 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

Anyone get this to stop looping?

#18 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

i'm also getting this issue , I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it , like others it gets to the point of applying patches and then the patcher just disappears very upset right now won't be able to join the competition that starts today.

of note my system specs:

AMD FX 8350 (8 core @4.0 GHZ)
16 gig DDR3 (PC 1866) ram
Power Color Radeon 7870 MYST edition
Windows 8.1

Is this problem only occurring on win 8.1 or are some of you guys up above getting this on win7 as well ?
Honestly I wish PGI would postpone prize events until stuff like this is fixed.

Edited by Demon Horde, 16 January 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#19 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

The Space Pope has now experienced this bug twice in the same week...

#20 10thMD

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHumble Tx

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

This is certainly Driving me Crazy......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users