Game Telling Me To Patch

50 replies to this topic

#41 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

The Space Pope just crashed and then the bug returned.

4 times this week, looking forward to 5 times.

#42 Hell in a Helmet

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Same problem. Patcher does not fix it. OPENDNS ip's still the same I've always used in the router as listed on their website.

Edit - looked at Windows update history. Last updates were in late Dec. Looks like quite a few 8.1 security updates occurred last night before computer turned off. This morning I get the patch error. Coincidence or windows update problem?

Edited by LCPL 4, 18 January 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#43 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

I had the same problem. Do Not run the repair tool it will wipe out your 64 bit game files.
Delete Java 64 bit if you have it installed. As soon as I removed it MWO started working fine. I was forced to redownload game b/c of the repair tool fubaring my client. Once I got rid of Java 64bit game works.

#44 Tronchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

I think I'm stuck in the same hell you guys are in now. Game worked fine yesterday, no bueno today. :(

#45 10thMD

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHumble Tx

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

The 64bit java uninstall does not work. Whats even more frustrating is I am 5 points away on this Challenge.

Edited by 10thMD, 19 January 2015 - 03:55 AM.

#46 FaceRipt

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

View Post10thMD, on 19 January 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

The 64bit java uninstall does not work. Whats even more frustrating is I am 5 points away on this Challenge.

I'm in the same boat, 8 wins from victory and this crap. I'm gona be super pissed if I went through all that **** just to get screwed by launcher bugs.

If it's not fixed I feel like an extension on the Challenge is in order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FaceRipt, 19 January 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#47 straKK

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. Game telling me to patch, there's no patch. No matter how many times I run the repair tool, startup says it's patching for less than a second after pressing "play" then crashes. I've reinstalled twice and that resulted in missing pak error and failure to start upon pressing "play", the tool didn't help me there either.

#48 Hell in a Helmet

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Update: Multiple repair tool runs and no go. I finally went and set compatibility on patcher and 32 and 64 exes to run as administrator. Ran patcher again and I'm back in the game. We'll update again if it doesn't stick.

#49 straKK

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Well, I just ran the fixer again for the umpteenth time and it worked. I don't know why. I told it to fix everything (checked all the boxes), but that's no different from what I had done before. I didn't fiddle with the DNS or my user folder at all.

#50 z MadButcher z

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 102 posts
  • LocationButchers Chop Shop

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

The fix I got to work was I disconnected my computer from the internet. Then dumped all my cookies and flushed my DNS. Then shut down your computer and after it is powered down unplug your router. Let them sit a minute or two then plug the router in and turn your computer on. Once on make sure you are set to force 32 bit game.
This worked for me after trying everything else I could find on the forums. I had the patch loop for a couple weeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users