Is It Me..or Have Cbills Gone Down?

79 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

I thought there was a thread on it couldn't find it, it really seems like its taken a nose dive.
If we win, its marginally better, but on a loss...kills, 400+ damage, assists and 30K in cbills?
Did I miss something?
I'm looking back at screen shots from last fall, and the ones I can find that are close (in kills/damage/win/lose etc) seem about 20-30% LESS.
curious what the deal is.

if its my imagination, I'll fade back into the darkness

#2 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Losses give you far less in cbills and XP than wins, but that's been true for a while now. Individual performance has a huge effect too, moreso than damage and kills (tbh I think kills aren't rewarded nearly enough compared to things like Scouting, Brawling, Hit-and-run, etc. - it pays more to merely survive and be inaccurate but have lucky timing on component damage than it does to be accurate and make clean kills).

#3 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

View Postblood4blood, on 13 January 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Losses give you far less in cbills and XP than wins, but that's been true for a while now. Individual performance has a huge effect too, moreso than damage and kills (tbh I think kills aren't rewarded nearly enough compared to things like Scouting, Brawling, Hit-and-run, etc. - it pays more to merely survive and be inaccurate but have lucky timing on component damage than it does to be accurate and make clean kills).

Not entirely true.

You get points for being smart in battle.

The biggest cash payouts come from "most damage kills" (doing the most damage to an enemy that is killed,) "Solo Kills" (Kills where you get the most damage AND kill the guy,) and Brawling (Getting a solo kill under 400 meters.)

From there, Savior kills, scouting, flanking hits and spotting bonus' provide the most cash payouts.

Even if you are unarmed, sticking around and providing spotting bonus' are going to rake in money.

The thing you want are solo kills, and Savior kills. Both of which means you need to stick around a lot and be ACTIVE in the battle.

Sticking around in battle and not participating is not going to earn you cash. Playing SMART and contributing to the engagement is what is going to earn you money. Do it right, and you should be getting more then 100k before any type of bonus kicks in.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

My average CB/match has risen by almost 10k since they changed the rewards. Considering averaging, clan primes, etc, that's probably about right. So, at least in my experience, earnings haven't dropped off.

#5 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Under the previous system I was earning at least 130-150k per game with 1 or 2 kills, 7+ assist and 300-400 damage.
Now those games barely pay out 100k. I earn less now with premium time than I did before without premium time.

While the new system has outliers which make ridiculously high paying games possible, for the most part you will be earning less. The biggest hit under the new system is assist moving from 4.5k down to about 2k.

This is the second big CBILL nerf since 12v12 was added in Open Beta. At that time they justified it by saying the income nerf was in preparation for an improved reward system, which never came. Now that we have the new rewards they nerfed income again even though they already did that...

The income can be really depressing at times, and premium time is barely worth it. Even with a premium time and a Hero mech, the grind is just so much. Premium time really needs to be moved to at least 50% boost or do a system like Robocraft where premium players get +100% income/xp and every player gets +5% for each other player with active premium. During the free premium weekend Robocraft players were getting up to +200% income and it was glorious. This creates a community where free players really appreciate the paid players instead of spiting them for being "p2w"

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

It's been a steady road down...

#7 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

My xp is the same, or more
I'm talking CBILL's seem down.
I get the variety ways to earn, and xp is doing better than expected.
its cbills, good bad or an indifferent game.
Breaking 100K used to be a fairly common occurrence. Not any more.

#8 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 October 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

[color=red]Update:[/color]

Hello Folks,

With more numbers coming in and considering the feedback on the forums, we will be releasing a hotfix for the Rewards 2.0 system on Thursday. Initially it was our intention to have a bigger difference in between a good and a bad match. As it turned out now, the low end does not reward a sufficient enough amount of C-Bills.
Furthermore we are planning to use the Rewards 2.0 system as a basis for future additions. Please feel free to leave suggestions for other rewards here in the forum.

There are some other bugs that cought our attention:
  • Tag Damage can only be granted if the target is hit by LRMs.
  • The Flanking award is not given for an attack with LRMs.
  • Scout reward only registers on fully gathered target information.
Last but not least, we are planning to make changes to the way the Assist reward works. Currently, and since it's initial implementation, the C-Bills are divided by the number of players achieving an assist reward for one target. Here is an example: if three players are dealing damage to the same target, the C-Bill Assist reward is then divided by 3. XP does not scale and is received independently.

Cheers,
Alex

oh...found it..so they know there are some problems then.....well, any news about a patch?

#9 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 13 January 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

My xp is the same, or more
I'm talking CBILL's seem down.
I get the variety ways to earn, and xp is doing better than expected.
its cbills, good bad or an indifferent game.
Breaking 100K used to be a fairly common occurrence. Not any more.

I usually hit 100k unless it is a loss in which case it ends up around 60-80 if I did anything during the match. I can get 60 on a win if I didn't do squat but I'll also walk away with the occasional 200k+ game. Damage doesn't reward like it used to and neither do just plain old kills. So don't bother comparing this match to one a year ago with the similar damage/kills as they are not a measure anymore.

Sticking with your unit and focussing fire will net you solid rewards. If you are a light and that isn't your playstyle then flanking and hit and run as well as spotting will be your money makers.

View PostThat Dawg, on 13 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

oh...found it..so they know there are some problems then.....well, any news about a patch?

The problems were actually that some people were earning too much with TAG and NARC. They already patched those.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

I still wanna see double income to what we make now at all lvls, all game quality, Premium, Champ mechs, just everything increased 100%.

#11 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 13 January 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

I still wanna see double income to what we make now at all lvls, all game quality, Premium, Champ mechs, just everything increased 100%.

We can dream.

#12 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

You have to collect those various other rewards during the fight. Basically, stay with the group, flank, hit n run, etc. it's not hard to do at all.

Edited by CocoaJin, 13 January 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#13 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Lol, earlier I got only 1 kill, prolly not much, but on that I got like 6 different rewards. On another encounter, I got me a nice I think it was a flank reward or hit n run or something. Ultimately, I ended with just short of 600dmg, match score of I think 75, 1kill, 9 assists and like 140K. No premium or (C). 140K is for a 400dmg game, a 600dmg game should be worth 175K just cuz of the damage. each of the assists should add another like 10K. that 1 kill was a bunch of rewards, it said like Hit n Run, solo kill, flanking kill, it was a Direwolf who caught the full force of a nice chain fired series of LPL on CD5, along with the rest of the the side I was on.

Ultimately, I kinda wish just the damage payouts were more along the lines of

sub 299dmg = 0-100K
300-499dmg = 110-160K
500-750 = 175-225K
751-1000 = 250-300K
Above 1000 = 325-400K and beyond

Prolly most the games would fall in the 110-225K bracket just for damage, toss in the rewards, assists, acheesements, components and other stuff to net near 300K+ on average. 3-4 games, making 1 million. So about 56 games and you can buy yourself your first 14 million dollar mech. Toss in Premium and C mechs to help it along.

#14 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Had a 3 or 4 kill 1070ish damage loss a while ago, I only got 160k for it. That made me sad considering how much work was done. That level of damage is far beyond what should be expected from a single person yet this money system really doesn't reward you well for it. The grind for people who are still learning and getting like sub 200 damage most games has to be absolutely horrible.

#15 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

I played about 7 battles tonight, worked them in while doing life stuff. I had a four kill battle, but only 450 damage, we won- got 130K for it?
This was the highest damage.

For the damage I did, even with a loss, I can imagine how quickly a new player would just say fock it. Especially a new player still grappling the ropes, learning the maps, and dealing with jerkoffs in the chat bar going ape, and they typically pull 100-200 damage and losing, rarely getting a kill, and frankly rarely even following the pack, occasionally winning?

Really, you see big shiny mechs that cost 8-17 MILLION cbills, heat sinks, lasers,modules you want to customize you're mech and you'd pull a game like this? Hey, deal out more damage than most if not all on my team, and I'm only 105 battles away from an atlas?? yeah, shrinking player base, I hear you calling...

Posted Image

subtract from that arty if used, or coolshot/UAV etc and thats another 80K off that?

#16 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Welcome to the #Paulconomy

#17 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 13 January 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

every player gets +5% for each other player with active premium.

This. This idea I like.

It'd give me a reason to get premium apart from myself, since I don't really have anything I want to buy, but still want to support the game. Helps the people around me, and I get a nice bonus out of it.

Hell, let's go as far as 10% per Premium player. Encourage everyone to stack their premiums, and drop with other premium players. Share the love!

#18 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

personally i dont like how Assists have been toned down,
6500 before to 3500 now, almost dropped by half,

so if you get 6 assists in a battle
Before= 39000
Now= 21000
it doesnt look like much but that 18k really helped,
now you have to play with your enemies to get paid,

#19 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostColdPsyker1, on 13 January 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

Welcome to the #Paulconomy

I see people say this a lot. What is it?

#20 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostRorvik, on 13 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

I see people say this a lot. What is it?

Apparently Paul thought "we made too much", which has made people upset, as this roughly translates as "You buy enough stuff".

Edited by Techorse, 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users