Just Wow

319 replies to this topic

#301 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostMystere, on 13 January 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Weren't paratroopers shot at while airborne or bayonetted upon landing during D-Day and Market Garden?

See above.

Yes, they were.

But that was not a game. At least not for them. This is a game. Getting shot while in parachutes does not add anything to the game.

#302 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostZibmo, on 07 February 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yes, they were.

But that was not a game. At least not for them. This is a game. Getting shot while in parachutes does not add anything to the game.

It's called an "ambush", which should be an acceptable tactic in a "combat" or "war" game.

Edited by Mystere, 07 February 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#303 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 06 February 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Another possible solution is not play CW.

For now, this is the only real solution. Come back when it's no longer Beta and see if CW has improved.

#304 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 13 January 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

This.

Fortress Class Dropship has a LongTom on it - it would justify those arty strikes...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fortress

#305 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 07 February 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Fortress Class Dropship has a LongTom on it - it would justify those arty strikes...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fortress

We are using Aurora/Leopard-class dropships, not those behemoths.

#306 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostZibmo, on 07 February 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yes, they were.

A sense of tactical realism.

#307 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

To be honest does it make such a big difference to be stomped or to be stomped and spawn-camped? Spawn Camping can be even considered more humane as it makes the match, and therefore it's embarrasement, end quickly.

Tried Pugging a couple of drops in CW today, stopped doing it after 3 matches. Seems I either need an organized unit or I can just stay out of CW forever. Brings issues as I don't really have the drive and time to integrate myself into an unit with some expectations regarding regular attendance etc.. And that's the only type of unit which can reasonably offer a different experience in CW. Oh well.

#308 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Most units do not expect time from you, just that you play for SRS when you are there.

AFAIK noone is taking roll call. Just get with a big unit and do it their way when you can drop with them.

#309 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 08 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

To be honest does it make such a big difference to be stomped or to be stomped and spawn-camped? Spawn Camping can be even considered more humane as it makes the match, and therefore it's embarrasement, end quickly.

Tried Pugging a couple of drops in CW today, stopped doing it after 3 matches. Seems I either need an organized unit or I can just stay out of CW forever. Brings issues as I don't really have the drive and time to integrate myself into an unit with some expectations regarding regular attendance etc.. And that's the only type of unit which can reasonably offer a different experience in CW. Oh well.

You can always submit yourself to the Jade Falcons and fight for us instead. ;)

FYI, I play only solo, always have.

Edited by Mystere, 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#310 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

You can always submit yourself to the Jade Falcons and fight for us instead. ;)

FYI, I play only solo, always have.

Apparently not everyone has the balls of steel you do, nor your competitive spirit. Or your common sense. Aren't you clanners supposed to be test-tube babies? Clone yourself dammit.

#311 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 08 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Apparently not everyone has the balls of steel you do, nor your competitive spirit. Or your common sense. Aren't you clanners supposed to be test-tube babies? Clone yourself dammit.

It's just a game. What could possibly go wrong? :)

Besides, it is nowhere near like rebelling against a brutal -- and thankfully now long dead -- dictator supported by a superpower for his alleged "adherence to freedom or democracy", or some such bullcrap the "free" world had been led to believe. :ph34r:

Edited by Mystere, 08 February 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#312 Crasher2003

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

When people fail they cry. So don't fail. Salmon is good. Your tears wash them down well. That is all.

#313 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:20 AM

An Overlord with turrets that can be destroyed would be sick, or 3 Union's / Union C's for the clans. (though they would probably need a separate drop zone away from the objectives.)

#314 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 08 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Obviously you were never on a team here. OR I just am able to have fun BSing with the guys win or lose.

#315 Stormfury

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Verse!

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

This tactic destroyed ALL the fun my group had with CW. So much so that we ended our Friday session after only a couple hours. The enemy team basically picks you apart with control of the spawn location as 1 or 2 of your guys get dropped at a time. Eventually eliminating 1/3 of your team and being able to bum rush the other 8.

The spawn location really need to rotate around the map based on who controls sections of it. Otherwise, this game is just unfun and we'll stop playing CW all together. That really the goal of the latest 'game mode'?

I won't be playing CW until this mode is fixed. Simple as that.

#316 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

It'd be nice to choose your spawn point when dropping...especially if you have a few of the map while choosing. Enemy set up a camp at Alpha? Spawn at gamma.

#317 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

The solution to this is simple:

Make the dropship fly on a given path, but let players decide when they want to drop on that path by giving them control over the "drop" button.

That would make it easy to select a spot with less activity. I mean, which pilot would purposely drop his troops in the middle of an IS gang bang?

#318 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

View PostStormfury, on 09 February 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

This tactic destroyed ALL the fun my group had with CW. So much so that we ended our Friday session after only a couple hours. The enemy team basically picks you apart with control of the spawn location as 1 or 2 of your guys get dropped at a time. Eventually eliminating 1/3 of your team and being able to bum rush the other 8.

The spawn location really need to rotate around the map based on who controls sections of it. Otherwise, this game is just unfun and we'll stop playing CW all together. That really the goal of the latest 'game mode'?

I won't be playing CW until this mode is fixed. Simple as that.
You and your friends did not see teh same names using teh same rush tactic Over and over? You did not adjust your Tactics in response to the same tactic being used repeatedly?

And thus the game is broken cause you did the same thing and allowed yourself to fail to teh same tactic repeatedly?

I do agree dropping us solo after dying is not at all a tactical thing to do. But I also read that you did not adjust to fight a known enemy using a repeating tactic.

#319 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostEightBitKnight, on 22 January 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

Hear that everyone all the responses are crap!! Yup big steaming piles, Nextgen has spoken.

You're five pages late to convo. now the bridge is still under construction but please make your self at home, we have goats on order.

Hmm I do like destroyable defense as well something to distract the enemy from the falling defenceless mech. Which given more thought is I think what's at the heart of the issue, for both defense (my last match had attackers shooting the mechs as they dropped in on the defence guess it does happen) and attack.

No, just your perception of there actually being an issue in the first place is crap, as the only (non)issue is that in your complaint, one team are better than the other, which is not something that the game should attempt to balance in CW.

#320 Priest4357

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

At this point, I'm adding this in just for the giggles of saying I added a post to this topic.

I played CW, found it to be completely underwhelming. Told myself: "Try back later".

Before I could get to try back later, I came here to the forums and never have I before seen such a deplorable display of, anything remotely close, to sportsmanship, or even good taste.I'm actually bothered by the fact that PGI bothered to make CW at all. I am certain that I will NOT be back to play CW. With, or without, a unit (and yes I'm in one).

There are few games that contain the level of toxic players as this one has shown. The haves (the albeit good players) are wanting to cause as much destruction as possible on the community. Trash other players, make the game experience as horrid as possible, and berate them till they no longer want to be part of the game at all.

I understand that the CW, and long term, players spend good money on the game, but the ones you are running off at a high pace, they spend more. Why? There's more of them.

I was a casual player, trying to find some fun, now and then, in playing this game. I have the disposable income to spend on it, and could afford to drop money every month. With the way I see the players here acting, I can be assured that I do not want to help finance this game any further. Making a game for people to be anonymous in, and act like overgrown children (when we know that they are mostly full grown adults in their 30's +) is a waste of a great IP.

There are still some really great people playing, and trying to make this game something better. The sad part being that most of the ones that are being heard are sad, and pathetic, examples of what a wasted life turns into. I for one am ashamed, that those of you that this applies to, are allowed to speak with the public, and that this is a good as your parents raised you. You are truly a blight on humanity. I pity you.

If PGI reads this, good luck on your game. With a community like this, I'm done. Best of luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users