131 replies to this topic

#81 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

I can't find a record or transcript of the Town Hall last night.

The only thing I find is this: CW Round Table.

#82 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

well, thats because of the date, quiaff?

#83 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 15 January 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

well, thats because of the date, quiaff?

Ohh boy. It is today. Sorry, I was in the hospital the last 2 days (my baby daughter just born) and I lost the time.

#84 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

Its a shame that we are focused on a mech that will not last. The urbie will be put back into your inventory and never used because it has no place in a unit/team. Its not going to help grind for cbills. Sorry but this is the truth/reality...

#85 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 15 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Its a shame that we are focused on a mech that will not last. The urbie will be put back into your inventory and never used because it has no place in a unit/team. Its not going to help grind for cbills. Sorry but this is the truth/reality...
Because that's all anyone ever does, right? You and yours are absolutely representative of MWO's population.

This may shock you, but people run "sub optimal" mechs. Note that there's no reason for the urbie to be outright bad, because mechlab+quirks+30t light; but it'll never compete with the best lights.

So, maybe you will put it in your mechlab and forget about it, or never get one in the first place, but we're not you.

Edited by Wintersdark, 15 January 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#86 Big Jeka

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Zaporozhye

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:27 AM

When old mechs receive full visualization of weapons mounted on them?

DRG, CTF, AWS, STK, CDA, COM

Thank you.

Edited by Big Jeka, 15 January 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#87 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

If you change (quirks) the urbie then its not truly the urbie we all know and love. If you don't change the urbie then it has no place in MWO (Unit/Team game).

Edited by MAVRICK64, 15 January 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#88 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 15 January 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

If you change the urbie then its not truly the urbie we all know and love. If you don't change the urbie (quirks) then it has no place in MWO (Unit/Team game).
Its as much an urbie as any other mech is what its supposed to be in play - I don't see a lot of stock builds in use. Virtually every IS mech receives extensive retooling before it gets used. And quirks? They don't prevent mechs from being the mechs we know and love; in the better designed cases quirks allow us to build mechs in more "stock-esque" forms while not making them bad.

View PostOdanan, on 13 January 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

A +50% cooldown with Ballistics (one variant for AC/20, one for AC/10 and one for LB-X) would be a good start.
I'd rather see ac5 quirks instead of ac20 - its extremely difficult to make a usable ac20 build on a 30t light.

Edited by Wintersdark, 15 January 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#89 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 15 January 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Its as much an urbie as any other mech is what its supposed to be in play - I don't see a lot of stock builds in use. Virtually every IS mech receives extensive retooling before it gets used. And quirks? They don't prevent mechs from being the mechs we know and love; in the better designed cases quirks allow us to build mechs in more "stock-esque" forms while not making them bad.

you really should run - your Mechs in "stock" config (with minor improvements)
a good example the AS7-D or the AS7-K. paint them in "newb" green.
The only guys you have to fear are the newbs that don't know a darn about "locking" and reading the target informations.
Those that do - and think they are good - will interprete your Mech for a "newb" and attack you in haste - and with a feral grin you can kill them.

Most of my Mechs are almost "stockesque" - more fun and more thrilling

#90 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

The perception is this is going to be the urbie that we all love. Lets call it what it is really going to be...another spider or raven. Its not going to be urbie....

Edited by MAVRICK64, 15 January 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#91 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 15 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

The perception is this is going to be the urbie that we all love. Lets call it what it is really going to be...another spider or raven. Its not going to be urbie....

Maybe the turrets in MWO will be replaced with Urban Mechs soon.... such a beauty can not given in the hand of careless min maxing players - he deserves better

Edited by Karl Streiger, 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#92 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 January 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

Ohh boy. It is today. Sorry, I was in the hospital the last 2 days (my baby daughter just born) and I lost the time.

Congratulations.

Also, come to grips that this will not be the first or the last time you will ever do this for the next 20 years. :P

#93 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 15 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Not so. What's happening here is that what I love about the urbie may well not be what you love about it.

There are countless facets of Urbie to love.

For example, I love centurions. Until people build zombie cents without a big ballistic, then I feel they should be kicked in the junk. Because what I love about the Centurion is its feel, its sword and shield fighting style, its look.

The Urbanmech? My first battle tech experience was with Battletech: The Crescent Hawks' Inception. In that game, the most badass mech you can get is a Jenner. Urbanmechs are a serious threat with their AC10's in close urban environments. I don't care about the Urbanmech in tabletop, just that it was my favourite mech in the first battle tech game I ever played.

View PostSpiralFace, on 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

Congratulations.

Also, come to grips that this will not be the first or the last time you will ever do this for the next 20 years. :P
I did that last Town Hall. I actually rushed home from work, badgered my kids and wife to leave me in peace... To find out I was a day early. Doh.

Worse, it took me a long time to discover my error because I'm really bad at Twitch, so I just figured I was Doing It Wrong.

#94 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 January 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

Congratulations!

Yes, I do love these town halls. Something of a festive atmosphere with all the Mechwarrior fans gathered in one place. I try to set aside time to make sure I can sit in on the excitement. That, and maybe I'll score a mechbay from Paul... ;)

Edited by Greenjulius, 15 January 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#95 Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

Why everyone want urbanmech?? The last thing I would like to see are those little trash bins with a xl, endo and ff running like crazy on the battlefield, it would be disgusting and ruin the lore.
I'm ok if they make it without the possibility of changing the engine and adding upgrades, so that those who have money to throw away can buy one, getting killed doing less than 50 damage every match, getting tired after 3 days and sell it...

Edited by Phoebe, 15 January 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#96 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostPhoebe, on 15 January 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

Why everyone want urbanmech?? The last thing I would like to see are those little trash bins with a xl, endo and ff running like crazy on the battlefield, it would be disgusting and ruin the lore.
I'm ok if they make it without the possibility of changing the engine and adding upgrades, so that those who have money to throw away can buy one, getting killed doing less than 50 damage every match, getting tired after 3 days and sell it...

Urbie OP! Plz Nerf!

#97 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 15 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

View PostWintersdark, on 15 January 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Because that's all anyone ever does, right? You and yours are absolutely representative of MWO's population. This may shock you, but people run "sub optimal" mechs. Note that there's no reason for the urbie to be outright bad, because mechlab+quirks+30t light; but it'll never compete with the best lights. So, maybe you will put it in your mechlab and forget about it, or never get one in the first place, but we're not you.

Well your both right. Generally speaking, people will buy the Urbie, be disappointed by it and wont have a real role in CW, but there is a group of players who will love the Urbie because its the Urbie. People who like "Challenges" :D (sadistic souls) . Or for people who play Stock mech leagues or Private matches it will be played quite a bit.

One thing I hope is that they dont allow people to turn them into super mechs. Cap their Engines low and limit the hard points. But I unfortunately I don't think that will happen. So Ill just have to get over the Urbie Apocalypse which is looming :).

With that said.....I WILL buy them :P

#98 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 15 January 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

them bad.

I'd rather see ac5 quirks instead of ac20 - its extremely difficult to make a usable ac20 build on a 30t light.

Why? When the Urban carried either an AC10 or AC20

#99 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

It'll have a ballistic spot so players can - and will - mount whatever ballistic they want. As an Urbie, maybe a general AC quirk would be best, as it'll need all the help it can get.

A neat quirk would be a 180 degree torso twist.

Like every other mech in the game players can play it with a stock build, or a more improved build. So everyone will be happy. Plus that keeps it from getting boring.

I played Crescent Hawk's Inception too ... way back on an Apple IIe. I remember there being Wasp and Stinger mechs, but that's about it. Other than that I remember it being a fun game. I've still got the game and Apple...somewhere...boxed up in the basement. ^_^

I wouldn't mind playing Elementals or the IS equivalent. They were fun in previous games. But I'm not sure how that would fit into the current matchmaking. Meh....maybe they'll add them down the road sometime.

If the Urbies come out, I'll be getting a set. In the meantime the Crabs will be out for Cbills soon...and those Resistance mechs will be out soon too. Fun fun fun. :D

#100 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 15 January 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Yeah, let's just make a new mech that only looks like an Urbanmech, but but goes 130kph and can carry 15 tons of armor and dual AC/20s, which it can fire linked with no heat generation, isn't that what everyone wants? Oh, we can't forget the Firestarter torso hit boxes either. That is what is wrong here, people essentially saying "screw lore" and "I want a broken mech so I can feel like a decent played".

Edited by IronClaws, 15 January 2015 - 11:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users