#121 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 14 January 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Okay, but only players in units can play CW then. That kills a flock of birds with one stone.
No, what I said was that solo players get R&R free of charge (it's "on the house"), their earnings would be exactly the same as they are now. But if they join a unit, they have to start paying R&R but they are also able to earn more than before if they perform well.

Edited by Tarogato, 14 January 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#122 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

So we penalize units? okay... units fold up and everyone becomes lone wolvs in client and circumvents the whole process and nothing changes.

permenant faction tags, then it makes sense to have no to low R&R costs. you are a house unit. to an independent contractor who has no guaranteed loyalty? nopes... lots of them

#123 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

You don't read every word I type, do you? =P

View PostTarogato, on 14 January 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

... if they join a unit, ... they are also able to earn more than before if they perform well.

View PostTarogato, on 14 January 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

... if they personally end up losing money, they can take from the unit coffer (or possibly even take out loans.)

Point is, units make a lot of money and everybody can pitch in to the coffer. There will always be richer and more experienced players who having nothing to spend their C-Bills on. The coffer can be used to help carry the less experienced players through the R&R system until they're adept enough to be earning more cash than they ever would have as a solo player because with R&R comes the opportunity to minimise your losses and maximise your gains.

Edited by Tarogato, 14 January 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#124 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

players will never be able to borrow or access unit funds. that is per russ 2 town meetings ago. it is too prone for abuse.

#125 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Lot of interesting discussion. Let me add to it.

So the light rush is fun? Maybe for the attacker. The word goes out to drop lights first, IGNORE ALL DEFENDERS, and 3-4 minutes later presto! Now wasn't that fun for everyone? Sorry to those that think R&R rewards poor gameplay, it does the opposite. You should have to plan attacks, not just make sure your queue is set up with a light first.

To the poor players. you always have Trial mechs and there is always another way to grind c-bills called pub matches. I do not believe CW is someplace where players should go to hone their piloting skills. It is where they should go to hone tactics and team play.

Penalize ghost drops because they are rarely unplanned.

CW is not pub matches with different maps and objectives, or at least that is not what I am funding.

Overall I think people are looking at CW as it is today instead of realizing that it will evolve. And as it evolves R&R will make a lot of sense, trust me.

#126 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 January 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

The millions of players of World of Warcraft would like to have a word with you

hahah, the issue is, WoW redefined grinding, its not real grinding, you have quite stupid simple quest for every grinding poop you do, this is whats makes the gring less grindy in the feeling. And for casuals its not grinding because all the tiny quest changes the location quite regulary makign it feel not repetitive at all.

play last chaos and undertsnad what emchanics grants you skill points there and for your pet, then you know what grinding is, when you have to kill 1000's of mobs constantly at an as low as possible level to gain the best advantage. THAT is grinding.

View PostTed Wayz, on 14 January 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Lot of interesting discussion. Let me add to it.

So the light rush is fun? Maybe for the attacker. The word goes out to drop lights first, IGNORE ALL DEFENDERS, and 3-4 minutes later presto! Now wasn't that fun for everyone? Sorry to those that think R&R rewards poor gameplay, it does the opposite. You should have to plan attacks, not just make sure your queue is set up with a light first.

To the poor players. you always have Trial mechs and there is always another way to grind c-bills called pub matches. I do not believe CW is someplace where players should go to hone their piloting skills. It is where they should go to hone tactics and team play.

Penalize ghost drops because they are rarely unplanned.

CW is not pub matches with different maps and objectives, or at least that is not what I am funding.

Overall I think people are looking at CW as it is today instead of realizing that it will evolve. And as it evolves R&R will make a lot of sense, trust me.

why shoudl new and poor palyers grind cbills to waste them in CWif they could grind them within solo queue and buy new mechs from? Answer: they don't. and so your R&R if designed like that will not bring them to the CW. a nd then much fun with CW as it is now, waiting, waiting waiting.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 January 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#127 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 January 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

hahah, the issue is, WoW redefined grinding, its not real grinding, you have quite stupid simple quest for every grinding poop you do, this is whats makes the gring less grindy in the feeling. And for casuals its not grinding because all the tiny quest changes the location quite regulary makign it feel not repetitive at all.

play last chaos and undertsnad what emchanics grants you skill points there and for your pet, then you know what grinding is, when you have to kill 1000's of mobs constantly at an as low as possible level to gain the best advantage. THAT is grinding.

why shoudl new and poor palyers grind cbills to waste them in CWif they could grind them within solo queue and buy new mechs from? Answer: they don't. and so your R&R if designed like that will not bring them to the CW. a nd then much fun with CW as it is now, waiting, waiting waiting.

So you are saying that the grind here is not bad? :huh:

#128 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

But it is not indeed! It feels strange to me that someone like you actually complains about something! :P

I have bought some 'Mech packs, but before that i was able to have a decent number of 'Mechs with the only expense of 'Mech bays. This is how every F2P works. Now i have 36 millions, just by playing some random pug drops and some CW drops, with the help of the PT i got with my Wave 2 pack.

Sure, i would rather have a totally different game instead of a F2P, but this is what we have.. <_<

#129 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

I wasn't complaining. I thought the :huh: would show I was asking Lily cause I was not sure of HIS opinion. I can see how it could be misunderstood though. ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 15 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#130 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

I love grinding assaults with my locust. #thefeels

#131 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

No. R&R was a bad idea in Beta, it's a bad idea now.

Not going to waste my time arguing, just stating my opinion.

#132 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 January 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Yeah, this game is very light on the grinding. In fact most of the grinding is self-inflicted. No one NEEDS to have 100+ Mastered mechs to have fun.

#133 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostDavers, on 15 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yeah, this game is very light on the grinding. In fact most of the grinding is self-inflicted. No one NEEDS to have 100+ Mastered mechs to have fun.

One could argue that there is no grind in the game.

It's not like you have some time sink that takes you off the battlefield to perform KP and peel 100 potatos in order to get a Level 1 Medium Laser Range Module.

#134 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 15 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

One could argue that there is no grind in the game.

It's not like you have some time sink that takes you off the battlefield to perform KP and peel 100 potatos in order to get a Level 1 Medium Laser Range Module.

"Go to Alpine Peaks, kill 10 Myst Lynx, collect 10 CERMLs."

#135 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostDavers, on 14 January 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Exactly. It won't change it being one of the best and easiest tactics. Just one that only the space rich can do.

This thread should be about changing the Invasion game mode, not adding a band aid on it.

I think people are just making suggestions that PGI would take as it seems band **** are PGI's choice of repair tool. I don't get how R&R is going to help make more people play. If anything it seems that R&R would simply stratify CW even more by creating more barriers of entry and costs for the non space rich. PUGS are already being driven off by a number of factors and adding more costs or reducing payouts isn't going to encourage more players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users