All Quiet On The Marik Front

192 replies to this topic

#141 circumvention

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Only davion bads would openly discuss eliminating a faction so they could continue Hamster Wheel Warfare on a wider border. When a faction gets whipped, those players retreat into the general queue. Witness Clan Wolf as a case study. The only reason why they advance once again is because the front is so slow.

You clowns judge me harshly, but stomping on an entire factions digital leisure of shooting robots is a-ok, so long as the Golden Zerg gets a bigger front, with continued passive waiting for a Clan OZ to border them?

Every merc unit should grief you terribles.

Edited by circumvention, 22 January 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#142 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

View Postcircumvention, on 22 January 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Only davion bads would openly discuss eliminating a faction so they could continue Hamster Wheel Warfare on a wider border. When a faction gets whipped, those players retreat into the general queue. Witness Clan Wolf as a case study. The only reason why they advance once again is because the front is so slow.

You clowns judge me harshly, but stomping on an entire factions digital leisure of shooting robots is a-ok, so long as the Golden Zerg gets a bigger front, with continued passive waiting for a Clan OZ to border them?

Posted Image

#143 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Here's what I don't get. Why can't I invade a Clan faction front? If I go fight a war for, say, FRR, why don't I keep the world?

At the very least there needs to be huge rewards for other factions fighting defense on the Clan border. If I'm not making 2x the reward though for fighting to the benefit of my own faction what possible reason would I have to go fight for someone else for 30 minutes when, win or lose, my faction gains (or loses) *nothing*? People go there to farm and not care about win or loss. It's horrible.

I stopped dropping against the Clans when I realized that the pug teams had no intention of winning, they were content to just fight at the dropship. In fact, the only push they made was to open the gate, then they retreated.

#144 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrynos, on 22 January 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

First thing.. You do realize that you can drop as a group on the clan borders....just like you can drop anywhere else as a group. I mean hypothetically you could even coordinate lances from different factions even by sync dropping..

But the other statements you make in this post are all about greed. It is not for the benefit of ALL the IS houses you just care about Davion and no one else.. That is the issue , if it benefits Davion then you are ok with it. If it doesn't gain Davion anything then you are quick to shut it down... That my friend is why we are currently in the situation we are in, because of greed. You would think the " good guys " would like to play hero for the IS .. Nope, they just want more planets.

So when Liao backstabbed us during the Holiday cease-fire, they were thinking about the benefit of ALL IS houses? Get off your high horse, and stop lying.

The guy was voicing an honest opinion: Pugging on the clan borders has become more and more frustrating for us, since we can only play on defense, and the border factions are also queuing on defense, and aren't fully committing to attacking the clans.

We care about stopping the clans, and we like having some of the IS houses and factions around (not all).

I would love it if we can have all of the IS unified under one flag, personally, but I know that THAT is a best case scenario that is nothing more than a dream. Since it's not looking like an SLDF will be formed any time soon.

View PostHarathan, on 22 January 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

No, Liao is in the position they're in because of a bad position on the map and being sandwiched between to larger factions.

You also forget the lore painting them as bad guys a lot of the time.

They also do have some of the best plot armor humanity has ever seen.

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

I stopped dropping against the Clans when I realized that the pug teams had no intention of winning, they were content to just fight at the dropship. In fact, the only push they made was to open the gate, then they retreated.

Exhibit A of the frustration from pugging at the clan front

Edited by IraqiWalker, 22 January 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#145 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Oh God, is it bad troll O'clock again?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#146 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

So when Liao backstabbed us during the Holiday cease-fire, they were thinking about the benefit of ALL IS houses? Get off your high horse, and stop lying.

The guy was voicing an honest opinion: Pugging on the clan borders has become more and more frustrating for us, since we can only play on defense, and the border factions are also queuing on defense, and aren't fully committing to attacking the clans.

We care about stopping the clans, and we like having some of the IS houses and factions around (not all).

I would love it if we can have all of the IS unified under one flag, personally, but I know that THAT is a best case scenario that is nothing more than a dream. Since it's not looking like an SLDF will be formed any time soon.

You also forget the lore painting them as bad guys a lot of the time.

They also do have some of the best plot armor humanity has ever seen.

Exhibit A of the frustration from pugging at the clan front

Well considering during the holiday ceasefire we took how many planets??? Oh yeah that's right zero.
Why not just drop on defense as a full group against the clans?? No one is saying you need pugs in the group. Davion is highly organized yet they cannot do that???

If you have read my post about how it would have to work....I clearly explained it... Let me say it again though.. The three factions ( Steiner,FRR,and Kurita ) would have to only be on attacking planets.... They would have to trust, the other three factions ( Davion,Liao,and Marik ) with the chore of the defense of their respective lands..

#147 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostGrynos, on 22 January 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Well considering during the holiday ceasefire we took how many planets??? Oh yeah that's right zero.
Why not just drop on defense as a full group against the clans?? No one is saying you need pugs in the group. Davion is highly organized yet they cannot do that???

If you have read my post about how it would have to work....I clearly explained it... Let me say it again though.. The three factions ( Steiner,FRR,and Kurita ) would have to only be on attacking planets.... They would have to trust, the other three factions ( Davion,Liao,and Marik ) with the chore of the defense of their respective lands..

Your post is copying an idea that I (and several others) have been floating in the forums for a while now. I am well aware of it. As for the fact that you backstabbed us, and didn't succeed: That doesn't excuse that you still backstabbed us. What would your defense had been if you guys had taken a planet, or three? You still broke a cease-fire during the holidays, one that most of the Innersphere agreed to.

As for dropping on defense against the clans: We do. It's just very frustrating to do drops against the clans unless it's full 12s, or in a mix of Marik, and Davion. However, we don't always have 12 mans running around on the clan borders. Especially since most of them would rather be fighting on the Marik border, or cycling between Marik, and Liao. Where some progress for our faction can occur. Not to mention that getting 12 mans organized isn't as easy as you guys think. Last night we managed to form a 12 man, and it only took us 16+ minutes to do so, and involved pilots from about 3-4 units.

#148 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Are you suggesting that in a game of Faction vs Faction, it should be impossible for any Faction to lose?

Perhaps a Care Bears video game would be more to your liking?

#149 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostHarathan, on 22 January 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that in a game of Faction vs Faction, it should be impossible for any Faction to lose?

Perhaps a Care Bears video game would be more to your liking?

Are you saying that 2 years for now it is totally ok for the map to just be 2 factions fighting it out with the rest sitting on the sidelines?

#150 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Are you saying that 2 years for now it is totally ok for the map to just be 2 factions fighting it out with the rest sitting on the sidelines?

I'm sorry, please explain to me how having a Faction eliminated physically prevents players from playing. Also, I didn't say "eliminated" I said "lose". A Faction reduced to just it's homeworld has lost. Why on earth, in Faction warfare, should any Faction be immune from losing? If nobody can win or lose, it's not Faction Warfare, it's Messing About In Another Game Mode With A Star Map, May As Well Just Roll It Into The Public Queue.

And I don't think you need to White Knight for the troll, dude.

Edited by Harathan, 22 January 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#151 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostHarathan, on 22 January 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

I'm sorry, please explain to me how having a Faction eliminated physically prevents players from playing. Also, I didn't say "eliminated" I said "lose". A Faction reduced to just it's homeworld has lost. Why on earth, in Faction warfare, should any Faction be immune from losing? If nobody can win or lose, it's not Faction Warfare, it's Messing About In Another Game Mode With A Star Map, May As Well Just Roll It Into The Public Queue.

And I don't think you need to White Knight for the troll, dude.

Lol, not trying to defend him. But stating that your faction's goal is to demoralize another faction until they quit CW is pretty trollish as well.

#152 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Lol, not trying to defend him. But stating that your faction's goal is to demoralize another faction until they quit CW is pretty trollish as well.

Now you're just making stuff up.

I didn't say we were trying to demoralise anyone. I didn't anywhere. At no point, anywhere, was that statement made by me.

We're in a Faction vs Faction game, and one of the Factions we're fighting is losing. You want us to... what? Not fight them in case they lose?

Edited by Harathan, 22 January 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#153 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 January 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

...Also, yes, we are defending Steiner against clans, we are doing that as we speak. However, don't expect 12 mans to be dropping there...

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 January 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

There currently are some drops on Steiners border. Mainly at night when its the only active location. Its not happening in primetime. Why would that change?

If you really need to find some excuse or secret conspiracy for this then good luck to you. ...

You drop to defend Steiner from the Clans. It is no secret, no conspiracy. It is a well known fact.
If you have one less border you have less to do. => More Daves will drop to defend Steiner
If only to find a game at low intensity times if for no other reason.

I dont even need to suspect you of malicious intent. It is a mechanic.

Frankly speaking I don´t know what you guys want. I suspect you of something you already admitted several times in this very thread.

You are all outraged and keep calling it a paranoid conspiracy theory.
*shrug* Whatevs, Dave.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 January 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

...Pretty sure it's spelled M A N U A L :P...

No it is not.

It has these pictures of foodstuffs in it.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 22 January 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#154 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostHarathan, on 22 January 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Now you're just making stuff up.

I didn't say we were trying to demoralise anyone. I didn't anywhere. At no point, anywhere, was that statement made by me.

We're in a Faction vs Faction game, and one of the Factions we're fighting is losing. You want us to... what? Not fight them in case they lose?

I never said you said it. But this is the statement we were referring to. Please stop saying that I am making stuff up.

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 January 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

We still take 1-3 Liao worlds a day regardless. in 2 or 3 months Liao will either be wiped out or more likely nobody there will show.

#155 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

I must answer this statement. There was not a cease fire between Liao and Davion during the Christmas break.
This is a foul lie perpetuated by those who would continue to vilify Liao.
To make a statement of such cruelty without a shred of evidence is beyond the pale.
I have followed your posts and attacked you upon occasion but this is weak.
Lets see some evidence even if only anecdotal. Say...who neg the ceasefire and who agreed to it? Units or names?
I witnessed the ceasefire with Marik and was in a shooting match with them that brought about the formality and dispersion of knowledge concerning the current ceasefire. Proof can be found in the Liao forums.
Where is this agreement you speak of? There is nothing on the Liao forums. I am not interested in parsing the Davion forums.
We are dying and yet it is our fault apparently.
Well, the victors write history.

"What is good for France, is good for the world, but what is good for the world is not necessarily good for France."
-Charles deGaule

#156 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

31 posts in and already so salty. relax, its a game

#157 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Manuel was here about the many manual menu manual maladjustments. There might be a misprint?

I dunno. Can't read the receptionist's handwriting again.

#158 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostGrynos, on 22 January 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

First thing.. You do realize that you can drop as a group on the clan borders....just like you can drop anywhere else as a group. I mean hypothetically you could even coordinate lances from different factions even by sync dropping..

But the other statements you make in this post are all about greed. It is not for the benefit of ALL the IS houses you just care about Davion and no one else.. That is the issue , if it benefits Davion then you are ok with it. If it doesn't gain Davion anything then you are quick to shut it down... That my friend is why we are currently in the situation we are in, because of greed. You would think the " good guys " would like to play hero for the IS .. Nope, they just want more planets.

The above issues make it difficult to motivate groups to go drop on Clan border.

So if there are people dropping against Davion, putting Davion planets at risk, I should ignore than and go drop against the Clans or else I'm being 'greedy'? How about the complete inability to see my time spent pugging on the Clan border translate to more people from that faction attacking the Clans to capitalize on it? It's not greedy to want your effort to translate into something of value. If I put a Davion 12man together and pugged the Steiner border tonight I have no reason to believe that will equate to 12 Steiner players going on offense against CJF. That bit about terrible pugs on the Clan border? It makes being a solid unit there almost pointless.

So exactly how many sacrifices does Liao make on behalf of, say, FRR? Amazingly enough we do want our time and energy to be largely beneficial to our group. So does every other faction, Liao included. Don't be disingenuous. Wanting your faction to do well isn't greedy. We send more players and units to the Clan border than any other southern IS faction by a huge margin. We often have more players on the Clan borders than the faction we're pugging for.

Tried to set up a deal with Marik to sync-drop with Davion teams to fill 12mans on the Clan border. Why don't you pester them to accept that. How about you declare a night every week where you send 2 or 3 12mans from Liao to the Kurita border instead of attacking Davion or defending your own planets. Make the suggestion to your faction, let me know how it goes.

#159 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 22 January 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

31 posts in and already so salty. relax, its a game

Don't worry, he's having bacon shock. His system is not able to handle all the bacon goodness he encountered.

#160 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Where's your primary again? See, the odds favor that you know that it would be so obviously feeble to post from your main that you sockpuppet this.

So we're not supposed to fight Liao I guess? Because we'd win? Please explain that to CSJ that they're not supposed to fight Kurita anymore. Oh, and when/if merc units leave FRR, the Clans need to leave them alone because they're in a bad map position, even if FRR attacks them. Davion is just more honest about it. CGB would take all of FRR tomorrow if they could. CSJ would devour HK if given half a chance. They don't even need to say it. Liao isn't saying they don't want to fight Davion; House Liao just doesn't want to *lose* to house Davion. They want to fight us, they just want to win. So we're playing and we're winning and are apparently supposed to feel bad about that.

Just got to wonder if you realize how bad these arguments are. Really really bad. Also... a sockpuppet? What is someone going to do to you if it's with your main? That's just so.... feeble. Really really feeble. Could speculate on who you are; hell could cut up your sentence structure and punctuation use and word choice and make a solid go of it. However nobody cares. You're so feeble that you're making a sock puppet account to say stuff that anyone else would (and some have) said right up front. There are units in some factions *recruiting openly* to play mercs doing false flag work. Nobody cares. Wait, not quite. 2 people care a bit. Not a lot but a bit. So nobody except for 2 people care and they don't care a whole lot.

The super bitter insecure secret agent thing though... you get how totally broken that comes across, right? Now you don't even have a retreat option. No graceful exit. You've handled this so poorly that all you can do is stay and keep digging deeper. It's like watching a slow mo train wreck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users