Cease Fire Times

7 replies to this topic

#1 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Why not just randomize cease fire times each day so no one can play around it? A small period of cooldown (1 hr?) before each cease fire would help prevent them from occurring too close to each other. Wouldn't this be the simplest solution? Thoughts?

Edited by Belkor, 14 January 2015 - 10:22 PM.

#2 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

I guess I just don't understand why there is a cease fire at all. why doesn't the planet flip the moment the required number of territories is taken over?

#3 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 14 January 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

I guess I just don't understand why there is a cease fire at all. why doesn't the planet flip the moment the required number of territories is taken over?

That is actually a very good point. The only reason for a cease fire time I've heard of is to prevent player burnout.

#4 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

View PostBelkor, on 14 January 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

That is actually a very good point. The only reason for a cease fire time I've heard of is to prevent player burnout.

Ok guys, tea time, stop the war please. Yes you guys up there, too. Come here and have your drink.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 14 January 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

It would flip-flop forever until one side just loses players that way.

If you implement a per-planet temporary cease-fire, though, it would work. A cool-down period, if you will.

Of course, if they do that then they should also open up ALL of the border planets for attack.

#6 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 January 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

It would flip-flop forever until one side just loses players that way.

If you implement a per-planet temporary cease-fire, though, it would work. A cool-down period, if you will.

Of course, if they do that then they should also open up ALL of the border planets for attack.

Another interesting idea. Opening up all planets would make things more realistic but it would also spread the player base thin.

#7 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

I don't think it would. Players will see which planets actually have people attacking/defending them and flock to those, kind of like how they do now. What I think opening up the front would do is make it harder to just dump masses of players onto a single world to stop it turning because if you are all on one planet, the enemy can just leave one team of 12 and send the rest to go around and attack a different one. The only way to counter that is to spread your own forces out, too.

#8 Carpenocturn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 January 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't think it would. Players will see which planets actually have people attacking/defending them and flock to those, kind of like how they do now. What I think opening up the front would do is make it harder to just dump masses of players onto a single world to stop it turning because if you are all on one planet, the enemy can just leave one team of 12 and send the rest to go around and attack a different one. The only way to counter that is to spread your own forces out, too.

Yup. People flock like sheep to where the action is. An organised invasion may be able to co-ordinate several pushes, a broad front attack, cut off a thrust all happy fun war times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users