Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#121 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

I agree Jaroth, explaining that doing or behaviour is the way to measure units resolve and then have demonstrated opposed actions isnt really a solid pitch imho.

Maybe if this is a genuine offer that these new MERC units should be given a grace period to demonstrate good buisness, character and that they can relate to an employer with their intentions and resolve? I personally could see no complications with this as a trial of intent and seems only good buisness sense in helping CSJ and CGB interests.

I'm unsure however as to whether the personalities involved so far and any history will of course entangle decisions as opposed to objective war efforts. But I see no problem from a buisness perspective in seriously considering the offer. Assuming of course that they can equally allow other MERC units to offer their services who equally show concern for CGB and CSJ interests. The rhetoric of trying to monopolise mercenary business then not really endearing to the idea they are trying to present in terms of neutral buisness with little drama or politics.

Well worth a discussion all the same.

Edited by Noesis, 17 January 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#122 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

The only thing that would make this more interesting would be for us to be able to defend a CGB planet that we are attacking.

Because being able to spank your kids when they are bad, should always be an option.

#123 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I think QQ stated the intention of the tactic, too destablize the CGB push into FRR, right? I find it interesting how you mercs can go about insulting kurita as the weakest link of the houses. Are they not taking heat from Davion as well, seems like you merc unit are just trying to stir up all sorts of drama, and then point fingers, am I close! Just saying.

#124 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Do you all really think this low of the players in kurita, or is this just drama to try to make the smoke jags look bad? Kuritain players have always been as good as any other player in my opinion.

View PostOdyssey420, on 16 January 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

So far fighting Kurita space we haven't seen a single 12 man. It's been pugwarrioronline.we can force 12 mans to come from bear and put up a real fight, Do the rest of you in CSJ truly enjoy fighting such a low quality of players?

View PostVlad Ward, on 17 January 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

QQ are good guys. They're solid pilots. Making their tenure in your faction less fun is the last thing you want to do if you care about the fighting strength of CSJ. More importantly, it's just a **** move. Our unit has already crossed off Kurita from the list of possible contracts for the near future due to the enormous dickitude experienced there. If this many factions insist on continuing to treat their incoming merc units badly, it won't be long before everyone's playing Liao.

Edited by SplinterdBrain, 17 January 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#125 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

"TO ARMS. TO ARMS. WE HAVE INCOMING!" *turns around* "IDENTIFY YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY!"
"WE ARE QQ. WE ARE FRIENDLY!"
"YOU CAME TO HELP?"
"YES WE ARE HERE TO HELP! GOOD NEWS, THE DRACONIS COMBINE IS SEVERELY WEAKENED. ONE OR TWO GOOD PUSHES & IT SHOULD CRUMBLE!"
"HURRAY! THIS IS GOOD NEWS INDEED! HAVE YOU JUST BROUGHT SUPPLIES OR DID YOU COME TO FIGHT AS WELL?"
"WE ARE HERE TO FIGHT!" *marches past the friendly force*
"THEN WHERE ARE YOU GOING? THE ENEMY IS THAT WAY!" *points south*
"WE KNOW! WE THOUGHT WE COULD DO THE MOST GOOD BY GOING ALL THE WAY AROUND TO THE BACK OF WHERE THE ENEMY STARTED!" *points north*
"BUT THAT MAKES NO SENSE!"
"IT DOES TO US! GOOD LUCK!" *thumbs up* *keeps marching*

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 17 January 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#126 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostPeter2000, on 17 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

What resources? Kurita STOPPED DEFENDING their planet nearly an hour prior to ceasefire. Units queued on that planet had no opposition - not even turrets. Why not do something with those resources, instead of limiting yourself to a single planet against one of the weakest factions in the game?

Because like most of these other RPing wannabe Clanners, they are cowards and don't want to face real competition, probably because all they can't handle it and all they want to do is pug stomp their way to planet wins. Pretty cowardly really, especially when CGB has had to deal with tough fights from us, 228th, SJR and Lords in recent weeks, whereas CSJ has had to fight no one of worth.

#127 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostTheSilkenPimp, on 17 January 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

We may be proud but we are not brash and impulsive. Attacking Ghost Bear would only waste resources and create enmity between our Clans. Go back to the Inner Sphere surat and stop trying to create political issues between us Clanner bros.

Aren't you already wasting your resources by attacking only 1 planet a day?

For you lore junkies, wasn't there serious animosity between Bears and Jaguars? If you are trying to RP the CW experience, then you SHOULD be fighting CGB to show that CSJ is the dominant Clan force, quiaff?

#128 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostSplinterdBrain, on 17 January 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

I think QQ stated the intention of the tactic, too destablize the CGB push into FRR, right? I find it interesting how you mercs can go about insulting kurita as the weakest link of the houses. Are they not taking heat from Davion as well, seems like you merc unit are just trying to stir up all sorts of drama, and then point fingers, am I close! Just saying.

Our interests are of ours alone.

#129 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostKarpundir, on 17 January 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

For you lore junkies, wasn't there serious animosity between Bears and Jaguars? If you are trying to RP the CW experience, then you SHOULD be fighting CGB to show that CSJ is the dominant Clan force, quiaff?

[cynical]Says the MERC corp in CSJ Clan space. The logic is impecable I can't find any flaws in that one given the MWO model and is so old a piece of rhetoric I'm shaking the dust of the above comment.[/cynical]

I guess it confirms intentions anyhow and that you have your own agenda, not following the ideas or objectives of the people your attempting to convince as potential employers? Hope future game mechanics don't become too important that the idea of being responsive as MERC units to employers needs as opposed to the other way around doesnt become too much of a concern? hmm?

Otherwise I guess feel free to write your own contracts and terms with the intangeable PGI leadership as per your own choices as per your "own" personal intepretation or projection of how you'd like things to go. After all they are unlikley to offer any real objections to this choice atm. MRBC anyone? :rolleyes: :D

#130 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

Nope there was no "serious animosity" between the Bears & the Jaguars. Bears & Hell's Horses, yes. Wow you guys are going to have to think up of some new **** after you got exposed huh? Good luck with that. :D

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 17 January 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#131 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostNoesis, on 17 January 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

[cynical]Says the MERC corp in CSJ Clan space. The logic is impecable I can't find any flaws in that one given the MWO model and is so old a piece of rhetoric I'm shaking the dust of the above comment.[/cynical]

I guess it confirms intentions anyhow and that you have your own agenda, not following the ideas or objectives of the people your attempting to convince as potential employers? Hope future game mechanics don't become too important that the idea of being responsive as MERC units to employers needs as opposed to the other way around doesnt become too much of a concern? hmm?

Otherwise I guess feel free to write your own contracts and terms with the intangeable PGI leadership as per your own choices as per your "own" personal intepretation or projection of how you'd like things to go. After all they are unlikley to offer any real objections to this choice atm. MRBC anyone? :rolleyes: :D

On the other hand, factions that treat Mercs like dirt are unlikely to have their support in the future. And anyone who's been paying attention (i.e. based on this thread, not CSJ "leadership") knows the massive impact even a few strong Merc units can have on the map.

If you just want to dictate terms to us, that's your problem. Don't be surprised when we tell you to go "bugger" yourself, and do our own thing though. Nobody put you in charge.

#132 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 17 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Nope there was no "serious animosity" between the Bears & the Jaguars. Bears & Hell's Horses, yes. Wow you guys are going to have to think up of some new **** after you got exposed huh? Good luck with that. :D

Seems you and your bed buddies at CSJ are getting a bit salty over what we choose to do. Ghost Bear should already be aware of what the motivations are for those who choose to fight on the front lines.

#133 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Quineg, the Grand Council elected in ilKhan to act as Warlord for all the clans, and thus for the duration of operation revival, the invading clans were not allowed to fight each other. Lore-wise, CSJ is the most dominant Crusader clan (current timeline), represented by the fact that ilKhan Leo Shower is a Smoke Jaguar, and won the right to the Draconis Combine corridor. Likewise, CJF is the second most dominiant Clan, and won the right to the Federated Commonwealth corridor. Wolf being punished for their audacity to challenge the crusader will was given the FRR corridor as it was supposed to provide the least amount of glory. CGB, winning the last spot for the invasion, was forced to share essentially the same invasion corridor as Wolf, going through FRR as well.

All Smoke Jaguar (or any invading clan) had to do to show supremacy was to get to Terra first so they could be proclaimed ilClan, and rule over all other clans. Fighting each other during the invasion just slows that goal quiaff?

Not that this has anything to do with whatever mercs want to do in this game, nor does PGI prevent clans from fighting each other either.

Edit: I see the irony in being a Wolf, and defending the jaguar

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 17 January 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#134 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

View PostPeter2000, on 17 January 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

On the other hand, factions that treat Mercs like dirt are unlikely to have their support in the future. And anyone who's been paying attention (i.e. based on this thread, not CSJ "leadership") knows the massive impact even a few strong Merc units can have on the map.

If you just want to dictate terms to us, that's your problem. Don't be surprised when we tell you to go "bugger" yourself, and do our own thing though. Nobody put you in charge.

Well we aren't and that is why the current relationship with people like MS an CI are standing relationships as they work with us on objectives as opposed to trying to determine what they should be. It is however a negotiable arrangement of "mutual" benefit. Notice the term "mutual" not one sided or dictatorial from any one side.

Also if you don't want to work with factions or other units, irrespective of game mechanics have fun trying to convince them to have aligned interests if all you want to do is dictate as opposed to having a dialogue and genuine interest with those relationships.

Edited by Noesis, 17 January 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#135 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 17 January 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

We have no intention of creating friction, if that is what you think our goal is, then you know nothing of our motivations.

Then you are not needed here. you should go join the Capellans. They love chaos.

#136 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 17 January 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Seems you and your bed buddies at CSJ are getting a bit salty over what we choose to do. Ghost Bear should already be aware of what the motivations are for those who choose to fight on the front lines.

Salty? Oh no my friend. I am as happy as a.... well a Ghost Bear. The only salty people seem to be you. Nobody wants you. Your "motivations" are nonsensical & everyone sees right through it. Now you have to make stuff up on the fly to try to save face. Stay sexy my friend. ;)

#137 Joe Psycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 17 January 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Salty? Oh no my friend. I am as happy as a.... well a Ghost Bear. The only salty people seem to be you. Nobody wants you. Your "motivations" are nonsensical & everyone sees right through it. Now you have to make stuff up on the fly to try to save face. Stay sexy my friend. ;)

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 17 January 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Good replay ^_^ I'm glad many can see this for what is it.

#138 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

It's betrayal I say!!! A vile and unforgivable betrayal!! All CGB units should immediately attack CSJ worlds immediately!!!

PS: Kerensky was a freebirth!!!

**runs away**

:)

#139 Suspect

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Congratulations! This thread has given me a headache. :mellow:

#140 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

EZPZ

merc units only be able to launch into an attack against a planet that is already being engaged. Otherwise they can defend at will, or join into an attack once it has been spearheaded by a permanent unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users