Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#301 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostBulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, on 22 January 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

This senseless squabbling is all because certain roleplaying parties have gotten their knickers in a bunch over a violation of a treaty that only certain parties agreed to. Then they proceed to make a big fuss over it, not giving a damn about people who just want to play mechwarrior.

Wait.. That's right! This is battletech simulator: Cw edition! We are making sure we follow the events of canon right?

Ps: I'm kidding. Not that I expect any stuck up roleplayers to get it.

I keep telling ppl to think before you type.................

The only people squabbling is you mercs. We actual Clan factions have come to an agreement to fight the IS. PERIOD. We are focused on Terra. You guys are like the girl you broke up with who refuses to acknowledge the relationship is over. You want to be merc for Clans to fight Clans when you can be a merc for IS & fight Clans? WTF?

We are stuck up because we came to an agreement as rational people? The only stuck up people are you. "Well who told them to have a treaty hmmmph. We will see about that."

let me make it real simple for you.

Posted Image

WE CLAN. WE FIGHT GO DOWN. YOU NO LIKE, YOU JOIN INNERSPHERE. THEN YOU FIGHT GO UP.

In other words:

"It's over <insert name of girl here>. We're done. I don't want you OK? Don't show up at my house, don't come to my job. Don't write me a letter, don't e-mail me, text me, call me, send me morse code or smoke signals. OK?"

#302 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

It is also not accuratley defined as "roleplaying" but simply playing the "meta-game".

Being able to influence the meta relationships between player units and alliances does not mean a need to roleplay or identify with any lore characterisation. It may simply be a decision as part of strategy concerns.

However if players do wish to embelish ther gameplay with a modicum of RP then why should that not be considered a valid player choice? It does not have to be an exclusive interest that is in contention with other apsects of gameplay in MWO.

Edited by Noesis, 22 January 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#303 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

Exactly my point. He is like, "Look at those stuck up ********. Coming to an agreement & working things out like mature, rational people instead of bickering like little children. Those arrogant douchebags!" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 22 January 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#304 Potato Farmer

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

I think I give up. No point trying to argue against people who simply refuse to see sense. Having nothing else to attack after making kuritans give up 100% planet because of some embellishment to somebody else's gameplay experience is not what I signed up for. Lucky for me my unit won't stay in CSJ much longer.

#305 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

#306 Soldryn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

OMFG, i cannot BELIEVE you people are STILL going on about this!

You refuse any actual combat in favor of slaughtering DC chumps (there's no challenge), no-one pisses and moans when the CGB merc units do EXACTLY what happened last week to the FRR when they go LC, and yet here u all are, 16 pages into forum rage over some of us returning the favor to CGB. GET OVER YOURSELVES!

contracts are up today, we are NOT going to waste c-bills letting you think you've won ANYTHING by breaking contract early.
we'll let the kittens play with their little ball of red string, since we've seen that they can't/won't take on any REAL opponents, since they're too cowardly to fight anyone except disorganized pugs.

LOL, its so friggin funny watching this nerd rage by poor players......16 pages FFS

#307 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Greetings from the 267.
Gentlemen,
Please excuse my ignorance to the matter at hand, though I have read through these many pages but there is a lot of "mud in the water" so to speak. Could someone condense the issue down to something concise and to the point? In other words what exactly is the problem? I am sure if we got back on target perhaps some issues can be cleared up.

Regards,
Rev

EDIT: If that is not possible could we please get a mod in here to lock this ***** up?

Edited by Reverend Poison, 22 January 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#308 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostReverend Poison, on 22 January 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

Greetings from the 267.
Gentlemen,
Please excuse my ignorance to the matter at hand, though I have read through these many pages but there is a lot of "mud in the water" so to speak. Could someone condense the issue down to something concise and to the point? In other words what exactly is the problem? I am sure if we got back on target perhaps some issues can be cleared up.

Regards,
Rev

EDIT: If that is not possible could we please get a mod in here to lock this ***** up?

Kurita so weak their planets hit 100% all of 1 hour after the previous ceasefire, and sit at 100% for the next 7 hours with no games to play (IS pugs refuse to try to counterattack clans).

Operation Clan Unity so OP that defense queues of non-CSJ worlds sit at 30/60+, resulting in 20 minute queues for the completely unnecessary additional defenders.

Mercs don't like sitting on their thumbs because that's actually pretty painful, and doesn't earn them any c-bills, and thus attack CGB.

People get mad because e-treaties.

Initiate 16 pages of back and forth over whether these mercs are griefing or not.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 22 January 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#309 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Regardless of how you feel that ^^^ is actually pretty acurate

#310 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Kurita so weak their planets hit 100% all of 1 hour after the previous ceasefire, and sit at 100% for the next 7 hours with no games to play (IS pugs refuse to try to counterattack clans).

Operation Clan Unity so OP that defense queues of non-CSJ worlds sit at 30/60+, resulting in 20 minute queues for the completely unnecessary additional defenders.

Mercs don't like sitting on their thumbs because that's actually pretty painful, and doesn't earn them any c-bills, and thus attack CGB.

People get mad because e-treaties.

Initiate 16 pages of back and forth over whether these mercs are griefing or not.
DC not so weak. I know a lot of good ones out there. :ph34r:

These days - Is not this was boring because it PGI gave cataphract for free)

As well as too many units from one side. If divide, and here and there.

only ex: QQ with IS and 228 with CL (or vice versa, or other units) - enough for everyone fights)

Edited by Volkodav, 22 January 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#311 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostSoldryn, on 22 January 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

OMFG, i cannot BELIEVE you people are STILL going on about this!

You refuse any actual combat in favor of slaughtering DC chumps (there's no challenge), no-one pisses and moans when the CGB merc units do EXACTLY what happened last week to the FRR when they go LC, and yet here u all are, 16 pages into forum rage over some of us returning the favor to CGB. GET OVER YOURSELVES!

contracts are up today, we are NOT going to waste c-bills letting you think you've won ANYTHING by breaking contract early.
we'll let the kittens play with their little ball of red string, since we've seen that they can't/won't take on any REAL opponents, since they're too cowardly to fight anyone except disorganized pugs.

LOL, its so friggin funny watching this nerd rage by poor players......16 pages FFS

Who is raging? We are STILL talking about this because you people are STILL contracting with Clans to fight Clans.

You want me to be cool with you joining a faction that NEVER asked you to join, to fight another faction that your new faction has a peace treaty with?

Posted Image

Gong to be changing my allegiance. I will be QQ Jaroth Corbett this week. Next week I think I will be Phoenix Legion. I mean that is how it works right? If I want to be part of your unit, I do not need to be invited or talk to anybody right? By your logic I just have to rock your tags & whoever does not like it, then to hell with them right? I do not even have to care about your unit's CoC or whatever rules you established. I just want to play the game; who cares what you guys RPing to be Battletech mercenaries talked about right? I want to shoot stompy robots so I will attack whoever I want. Who cares if it is a unit you guys are cool with right? Discussion? Pfft. Discussion is for nerds.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 22 January 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#312 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostBulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, on 22 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

I think I give up. No point trying to argue against people who simply refuse to see sense. Having nothing else to attack after making kuritans give up 100% planet because of some embellishment to somebody else's gameplay experience is not what I signed up for. Lucky for me my unit won't stay in CSJ much longer.

BuhBye <o

#313 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostVolkodav, on 22 January 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

DC not so weak. I know a lot of good ones out there. :ph34r:

There are some good players/teams (notably NS). However, they're outmatched considering they face up to 6 active fronts (up from 5 before the Marik bug).

View PostVolkodav, on 22 January 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

As well as too many units from one side. If divide, and here and there.

only ex: QQ with IS and 228 with CL (or vice versa, or other units) - enough for everyone fights)

Wouldn't bee too many one one side if we were willing to fight on more than a single front. As above, we're fighting a faction with 6 times the commitments we do. It's unsurprising we win, and they give up.

#314 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

Every Clan faction is facing an issue right now, and it has nothing to do with the ceasefiress between us. The issue is that the IS is too busy queuing up against each other, or switching to our faction to try to stir up trouble, to fight us.

If certain IS units would have stayed IS like they should have, we would not have this problem. Instead, they have to swap factions and try to cause issues, because they apparently cannot succeed any other way.

If me saying that bothers you, maybe you should take this time to reevaluate yourself and your unit.

#315 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Looks like the merc plan is still rolling along......first trouble between Wolf and Ghost Bear and now their Smoke Jaguar/Ghost Bear phase is well underway.

#316 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostCimarb, on 22 January 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Every Clan faction is facing an issue right now, and it has nothing to do with the ceasefiress between us. The issue is that the IS is too busy queuing up against each other, or switching to our faction to try to stir up trouble, to fight us.

If certain IS units would have stayed IS like they should have, we would not have this problem. Instead, they have to swap factions and try to cause issues, because they apparently cannot succeed any other way.

If me saying that bothers you, maybe you should take this time to reevaluate yourself and your unit.

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 22 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Regardless of how you feel that ^^^ is actually pretty acurate

#317 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

What Cimarb, Jaroth, and friends fail to understand is this:

It matters absolutely nothing whether or not the Mercs were asked to come. You don't need to ask us, because YOU ARE NOT THE FACTION. The faction is a PGI-controlled NPC. As Luoki said, you can try to influence things cooperatively, but don't presume to dictate policy.

We are here, we're trying to play the game. I play CW for fights against various teams with various tech matchups, under the new game mode, while also advancing a map for whoever I contract under. I'm not interested in not fighting. I don't play CW to obey the whims some self-important "I AM TEH ILKHAN - RESPECT MAH AUTHORATEH" roleplayers with delusions of running the show.

Edited by Peter2000, 22 January 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#318 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostPeter2000, on 22 January 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

What Cimarb, Jaroth, and friends fail to understand is this:

It matters absolutely nothing whether or not the Mercs were asked to come. You don't need to ask us, because YOU ARE NOT THE FACTION. The faction is a PGI-controlled NPC. As Luoki said, you can try to influence things cooperatively, but don't presume to dictate policy.

Did this NPC ask for them to come then? :P

Remember, a good share of the actual power is in OUR hands. PGI's algorythm aka the NPC Khans may decide our targets but we can decide which to take, which to defend, which to ignore.

#319 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

I can not help but lol at the fact that this topic is still alive.......such silliness

#320 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

I would think cooler heads could prevail here. I too admit the whole mercenaries role is broken right now at the developers level. There needs to be an actual economy where units/factions pay merc units out of their coffers. A system where merc units would have to bid on contracts and what not. Which would weed out a lot of merc units leaving only those that are worth the money. The rest would have to find gainful employment within other factions....just how I feel about it.
However, they are able to contract where they please and we have to deal with it. The more people rage, the more enemies that will be made. Do you see any benefit from throwing more gas on the fire? I do not.
You lost some planets...we cannot win them all. All we can do is fight with honor and dignity.

Regards,
Rev

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users