Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#341 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

If you look at it realistically, Faction units can't afford Mercs. If you want to pay me to sit on my thumbs and not attack forum allies, you will have to pay me at least as much money as I could be making grinding bear corpses right now or there's no benefit for us. That's about 2-3 million an hour per player using myself as a test case (700k/game, 112.5k win bonus, 20 minutes to grind 48 pugs, Premium Time included because there is no bonus applied to space wire transfers).

You think you can afford to pay my unit of ~20 pilots 45 million c-bills per hour out of your unit coffer? Dream on.

This got me thinking "What would it cost to hire CI?"

Worst case for us is we'd be sitting doing turret drops. 3 drops an hour with a pay out of 25k for completed mission and 75k for completed contract for a total of 300k per hour / per person. (we have done this on the weekends BSing, sharing youtube vids, and just having a blast hanging out)

CI is a 300 member strong Merc unit so that would be.... 90 million c-bills an hour to pay us to not attack turrets.....

Edited by Dracol, 22 January 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#342 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Where's the MRBC when you need it. Seriously.

#343 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

First off, wow...I can't believe this thread is still going. However it is nowhere near as long as the old Wolf/CGB Ceasefire thread so get to work!

Second off, Soldryn...you have no idea why certain Merc's left CGB and went Steiner. You are wrong in your assumption that it was to just hit FRR from another front.

Carry on!

#344 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostReverend Poison, on 22 January 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I would think cooler heads could prevail here. I too admit the whole mercenaries role is broken right now at the developers level. There needs to be an actual economy where units/factions pay merc units out of their coffers. A system where merc units would have to bid on contracts and what not. Which would weed out a lot of merc units leaving only those that are worth the money. The rest would have to find gainful employment within other factions....just how I feel about it.
However, they are able to contract where they please and we have to deal with it. The more people rage, the more enemies that will be made. Do you see any benefit from throwing more gas on the fire? I do not.
You lost some planets...we cannot win them all. All we can do is fight with honor and dignity.

Regards,
Rev

View PostDemonicD3, on 22 January 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Worth what money? You don't pay mercs anything, PGI pays the mercs. You got a ton of free units to help you in taking planets and defending planets. I seriously do not see how that is a problem. I also don't see how neglecting other merc groups there rights to do contracts for factions would be better off. They have every right to play CW as you do though that does not matter because as stated, PGI is CSJ and you are not. All I see in this topic is a bunch of CSJ people thinking they are high and mighty.

A coffer system would produce the same results as not everybody in CSJ is on there high horse. They would hire the same merc groups for contracts, other CSJ will berate them and sooner or later those merc groups will resent being constantly berated. They will join with Kurita to take back your planets or they will join with CGB when they finally turn back on your "alliance".

Hmmm rude,...expected.
Unreceptive to a free market and competing for contracts, that was expected as well but a free market is where mercs should generate their capital from. Furthermore, it is out of place for merc units to be contracting work from clan factions. Now before anyone gets angry over that statement, I paid for content as well. So simply put, when and if I want to use IS tech I will join an IS faction. It really is that simple.
Moving on. The current economy or maybe I should say lack thereof is insufficent, it would have to be rethought. Expounding on what I stated earlier: The flip side of that would be Clans/Factions (merc factions too) should generate resources from the worlds they hold and have taken (and if that would be the case, Houses would have more than enough capital on hand to pay for a padded 45 million dollar a day contract at any given time but your unit would have to be worth the money). PGI would also have to figure out a different way to squeeze our delicates when it comes to modules and such. So when a unit depletes its resources it would have to sit out a determinate round of attacks until resources could be generated from its held worlds, the depleted unit relegated to a defensive only posture until refitted.
I am not saying what I just threw out there is the ultimate solution but it is a step in the right direction.

So instead of all of this hostility that is getting all of you nowhere, think up better solutions. We have a collective of intelligence here, try to fix what is broken. This is beta and the sooner everyone remembers that, the better.

Regards,
Rev

#345 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

45 million c-bills a day?

nope.

#346 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

That figure was not intended for top tier type prices such as CI, QQ, or 228...I am quite sure their costs would be significantly higher as they have the talent and the numbers to deliver. That number was intended as an example of a flat fee, the pilots should still get their regular pay per match.

#347 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

My price is steep............too steep :ph34r:

1 CB

#348 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostReverend Poison, on 22 January 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

That figure was not intended for top tier type prices such as CI, QQ, or 228...I am quite sure their costs would be significantly higher as they have the talent and the numbers to deliver. That number was intended as an example of a flat fee, the pilots should still get their regular pay per match.

The Remnant is significantly smaller than both those units, and half our roster is super rusty, but what I'm saying is that basic arithmetic is enough to throw numbers like that right on out.

What's 45 million c-bills divided by a roster of 28 players? 1.6 million c-bills per player per day? That's, what, two whole games in CW? Half a module? That is nowhere near sufficient to encourage a change in behavior.

You're throwing out numbers that sound like a big lump sum, but in reality they're meaningless to even a small unit like us.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 22 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#349 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

EDIT: Originally this post called into question the continued value of this thread. Subsequently it has proven of continued exceptional worth as these same issues are now surfacing between Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear.

It is my hope, Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear can swiftly work through their issues and the combined Clan Drive on Terra can continue.

We only have through the end of Beta to reach Terra and the New Avalon. CGB weathered the storm of Mercenary Corps Unit attacks from CSJ Space with stoicism and resolve, refusing to get bogged down in rear area defenses.

As Clans, we need to focus our CW efforts toward actual forward movement of the frontline trace and not the loss of CW gaming hours as a result of border skirmishes between Clans... at least those are my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 25 January 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#350 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

The Remnant is significantly smaller than both those units, and half our roster is super rusty, but what I'm saying is that basic arithmetic is enough to throw numbers like that right on out.

What's 45 million c-bills divided by a roster of 28 players? 1.6 million c-bills per player per day? That's, what, two whole games in CW? Half a module? That is nowhere near sufficient to encourage a change in behavior.

You're throwing out numbers that sound like a big lump sum, but in reality they're meaningless to even a small unit like us.

If the merc unit accomplishes the requirements of the contract, the proceeds should go into the coffer to cover operating costs of the unit ie., things like dropships, jumpships, refits etc...the 45 mil is just a number I threw out there. The pilots should still receive their regular pay per match as well as a substantial bonus upon contract completion.
My guys get about 400,000 to 500,000 per match with a good win. How much more do your guys get if you do not mind me asking.

#351 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

From an hour ago taking Kurita worlds,

Posted Image

Plus win bonus.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 22 January 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#352 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Ah... so THAT is what a speed bump feels like.

Reverend Poison, my apologies.

I started post 353, then played a couple matches, then finished and submitted post 353.

Your contribution is worthy of its own thread but easily dovetails quite well to the topics being discussed here. Excellent ideas.

My apologies again.

#353 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

That is definitely doing work o7
Now couple that with the contract fee and completion bonuses....see where I am going with this?

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

From an hour ago taking Kurita worlds,

Posted Image

Plus win bonus.

That is definitely doing work, bro!
Now couple that with the contract fee and completion bonuses....see where I am going with this?

By the way, one of my more memorable battles was against the Remnant. The Remnant fought a straight up fight that went to time. It was a nail biter and I have not had that much fun since that match. I gave you guys a shout out that day...unknown if you ever saw it but here is the link.
http://mwomercs.com/...ng/page__st__20
Post is at the bottom of that page.
o7

#354 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

Perhaps payment should be in terms of coffer pay and not player pay...in other words the merc unit gets paid a bonus from the contracted group that goes straight into the merc unit's coffer, of course the coffer system needs to be reworked and planetary bonuses should also come into play (or loss of said bonuses). IMHO, the merc system should remain the same, just with added bonuses going to merc units who fulfill contracts as an added incentive. Units can chose to ignore these of course, if they so chose. But to have one unit pay entirely for another, no that is not going to happen...

I just made this post, to keep it civil and to clarify what people are looking for in all aspects of CW. Feel free to add your own constructive post...
http://mwomercs.com/...e/#entry4126508

Edited by Von Blumen, 22 January 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#355 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostRaby760, on 22 January 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

I dropped on Schuyler when there were no other matches available at the time. I walked away from my computer while the drop was pending. Walked back several minutes later to find a match. I saw a 12-man team all with the CSJ insignia. I wondered why I was going against a 12-man SJ team. I've never seen REM and PWND tags before. When I asked why we were going against a SJ team, they didn't respond saying that they were mercenaries using the CSJ insignia (of course they didn't have to, and of course they won't since they are without honor). Then I second guessed whether I dropped on the correct planet, and did the safe thing by killing all four of my mechs in order to not risk breaching our agreement. I only drop to defend one of Clan Ghost Bear's planets, defend an allied Clan planet, or to take an IS planet, but never to attack another Clan.

It wasn't until after the match that I found their unit info. If they do end up winning our planet, we can very easily recapture it in the near future. Those stravag surat mercenaries can waste their time trying to fight us under a Clan faction. They are of no concern to me. I personally don't care much for the territories to the left or right of the map. My eyes are set for that shining jewel Terra.

He's lying!!! Whatever he says its NOT true!!!

Also, you suicided when we said this was a CSJ controlled planet (which isn't untrue considering it was orignially a smoke smoke 'errday planet before ghost took it early CW) and continued to call you all dezgra for attacking us on a counter-attack.

Edited by NotMwHighlander, 22 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#356 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

Dude, German Clan Ghost Bear said Dezgra. They declared war. All bets are off.

See here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4122198

Edited by Vlad Ward, 22 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#357 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

I get a 900 or a million for a good match)

#358 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

One thing to consider is the idea of allowing more planets to open up on a front if a defender fails to respond to aggression in a certain amount of time. Or if say a planet is held at 100% taken for a determined amount of time.

This would at least ensure that defenders do not simply ignore their fronts and that further opportunities for attack will arise based on the success of that attack.

This would releave the apparent stress for opportunities for players who may have strategical concerns to continue playing CW when their faction may have limited fronts.

#359 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostRaby760, on 22 January 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

I stepped away from CW for a few days and things have changed. How unfortunate. But it won't stop me from my goal.

Trothkin, "VLAD WARD" is a member of Unit, which is subordinate in many ways to the Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance trying and failing completely to destabilize long-term CGB and CSJ relations.

His attempt to mislead you with his "Smoke Jaguar" ICON is duplicitous in this instance. He only holds that icon as the result of a two-week Mercenary contract with CSJ.

His message to you that "War" has been declared is misdirection on a very high-level.

Wolverine (from the link Vlad cites) has since been informed of the error of his post by other Senior members of CGB.

I would suggest you speak with your fellow Seniors in other large CGB groups also.

See for yourself.

There is no war.

As is appropriate, we are all gamers freely enjoying PGI's creation.

But some of us (Vlad in this case) chose to misconstrue facts to mislead you, all in order to directly incite you and yours to a similar declaration of War with your Smoke Jagiar Trothkin.

I ask for continued peace.

I ask for calmer heads to prevail.

I ASK FOR AN END TO FACTION PAROCHIALISM AND AN EMBRACE OF OVERARCHING CLAN IDENTITY.

The goal of a capitulated, liberated, and Clan-Terra is possible all the sooner if we can but look past our Units, past our Factions and to the reality that CLAN UNITY is the single best way to accomplish our goals as Clan gamers BEFORE the end of Beta - the fall of Terra.

Quiaff?

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Dude, German Clan Ghost Bear said Dezgra. They declared war. All bets are off.

See here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4122198

MOST EXCELLENT AND OPPORTUNISTIC PIECE OF FALSE FLAG PSYOP I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS.

It won't work of course, but that doesn't degrade from the timeliness and nimbleness of your failed effort here.

Separately...

Great four games tonight on the Kurita planet of Omagh. MWHighlander is a machine at Solo and Small Group integration with your 5-man REM element.

Despite my being a 19-level Smoke Jaguar, and having played almost 800-CW matches, I have NEVER seen a largely Solo group welded into such a continually informed and "led-by-example" match as MWHighlander pulled off four separate times tonight... with ease!

He built rapport readily, focused effort seamlessly and reinforced at EVERY opportunity that Solos had been value-added to the resulting win.

By my count in each match he sent over 30 match-specific elements of guidance, framing the tactical problem and the way REM would deconstruct the Enemy. ALL in easy to understand English, not military jargon.

His also managed to get high score and damage each time (excess of 300 Score and 2200-damage, unless I am mistaken) while typing out over 500-words of guidance.

It was an education, and I am ever an apt pupil.

Thanks you.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 23 January 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#360 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:02 AM

Anyone recorded those battles? I would love to get a tactical analysis.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users