Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#361 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

Inner Sphere Merc Alliance: Ghost Ninja drops against turrets/pugs, mixed messages, differing unit views, antagonistic messages, missdirection with political messages and representation.

All options as to playing the meta game and the Dark Born recognises and admires such subversive and insurgent styled tactics.

Edited by Noesis, 23 January 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#362 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 23 January 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

Anyone recorded those battles? I would love to get a tactical analysis.

Highlander has a youtube channel, we at least have some of our older games on it. idk if there is anything new though, ill press him to record more games.

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 23 January 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Great four games tonight on the Kurita planet of Omagh. MWHighlander is a machine at Solo and Small Group integration with your 5-man REM element.

Despite my being a 19-level Smoke Jaguar, and having played almost 800-CW matches, I have NEVER seen a largely Solo group welded into such a continually informed and "led-by-example" match as MWHighlander pulled off four separate times tonight... with ease!

He built rapport readily, focused effort seamlessly and reinforced at EVERY opportunity that Solos had been value-added to the resulting win.

By my count in each match he sent over 30 match-specific elements of guidance, framing the tactical problem and the way REM would deconstruct the Enemy. ALL in easy to understand English, not military jargon.

His also managed to get high score and damage each time (excess of 300 Score and 2200-damage, unless I am mistaken) while typing out over 500-words of guidance.

It was an education, and I am ever an apt pupil.

Thanks you.

Many of our older members have a competitive background. We haven't been able (or willing) to compete in anything really for about a year, but while our time in competitive play taught us how to win, this past year we spent outside that circle reminded us how to have fun while we were doing it, and if you aren't having fun in an entertainment medium, then what's the point?

Edited by pbiggz, 23 January 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#363 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

For the record, I just want to point out that there is no official or unofficial Merc alliance that we're either aware of or a part of in all of this. We're all individual units, made up of individual players, all with their own individual views. There isn't a party line to begin with, which is why it might look like Mercs are all over the place from your perspective.

Also, one more planet retaken from CGB (Polcenigo) will open a CSJ attack route into the FRR for the first(?) time. I'm pretty sure that was QQ's goal all along. Just saying.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 23 January 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#364 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

I like your updated sig, Raby. I am honored by the reference <o

#365 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

I love it! :D

#366 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

You guys should really rethink this decision. Both GCGB and Remnant.

#367 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Internet words hurt my feelings too much Hbizzle.

I must perform unadulterated attacks against the offender to make me feel better.

#368 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Enjoy Kurita space CSJ, you will never get to Terra with the Ghost Bears trying to push around FRR to get to Terra, which means they are also in Kurita space and taking away your attack vector to Terra. Just look at the map and continue to be denial that Ghost Bear wants to work with you. You have fallen victim to the ploy of the MercStar Alliance, who have swindled you into a non aggression pact with the Bears in order to help keep the pressures of House Kurita off themselves and forcing the forces of the Dragon to continue their efforts on the Davion border instead. You will soon find yourselves reaching the Kurita end of the Periphery and eventually into House Davion space. Don't allow yourselves to get put in a pincer of having to fight off House Davion and Kurita together, because while they may be at war, enemies can quickly become allies in a time of need.

#369 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 23 January 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Separately...

Great four games tonight on the Kurita planet of Omagh. MWHighlander is a machine at Solo and Small Group integration with your 5-man REM element.

Despite my being a 19-level Smoke Jaguar, and having played almost 800-CW matches, I have NEVER seen a largely Solo group welded into such a continually informed and "led-by-example" match as MWHighlander pulled off four separate times tonight... with ease!

He built rapport readily, focused effort seamlessly and reinforced at EVERY opportunity that Solos had been value-added to the resulting win.

By my count in each match he sent over 30 match-specific elements of guidance, framing the tactical problem and the way REM would deconstruct the Enemy. ALL in easy to understand English, not military jargon.

His also managed to get high score and damage each time (excess of 300 Score and 2200-damage, unless I am mistaken) while typing out over 500-words of guidance.

It was an education, and I am ever an apt pupil.

Thanks you.

While I do greatly appreciate your compliments, I also must inform you that it was I who was coordinating the attacks on CGB to reclaim your lost planets to ghost bear early in CW. Do not forget, CGB has several of your planets locked and is effectively preventing you from attacking FRR, all under the veil of a cease fire agreement between loyal clan units. While understandable in your effort to focus on Terra, a long term strategy to reclaim your lost planets to CGB and ultimately open up an attack lane back to FRR space will only benefit both CGB and CSJ in the long term, as that is a more direct path to Terra than through Kuirta.

Mind you, the CW algorithm may take you far longer than the expected 3-4 weeks if you continue through Kurita space, rather than a more direct route through (first, and briefly) CGB and then FRR space. I respect your decision to condemn the attacks us mercs are making on CGB but might I remind you that they attacked first and cut off one of your attacking routes to Terra.

Also, The Remnant is quite content with the easy income (money is power, with mercs you know) at SJR and is considering a long term contract. With growing opposition, you may want to reconsider the assistance of having a strong mercenary unit at your disposal could be.

#370 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 23 January 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

For the record, I just want to point out that there is no official or unofficial Merc alliance that we're either aware of or a part of in all of this. We're all individual units, made up of individual players, all with their own individual views. There isn't a party line to begin with, which is why it might look like Mercs are all over the place from your perspective.

Also, one more planet retaken from CGB (Polcenigo) will open a CSJ attack route into the FRR for the first(?) time. I'm pretty sure that was QQ's goal all along. Just saying.

No, our goal was to work towards cutting off the Ghost Bear attack lane into Kurita space, but due to no interest from any of the Smoke Jaguar loyalist units, which is plainly obvious by this thread attacking us for a decision that was made internally by our own unit, after three days we halted our advance due to too many turret drops being a waste of time. Little did we know that the Smoke Jaguars would behave in such an honor-less manner towards us as well. We didn't ask for their help, nor were we aware of an alliance between both factions, so we plead ignorance in this regard, however our choices are our own, we don't expect everyone to agree with them or go along with them.

#371 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Slinging mud to try to sway things in your direction is a valid tactic, but CGB wants to earn Terra against a worthy challenger. While we have respect for the Falcons and Wolves, they are not keeping up. The Jaguars, contrary to lore, are those noble challengers, and we will be very happy if they are our competition when it comes to conquering Terra.

If they beat us there, we will honor that, without having to resort to any dezgra behavior like trying to cut off their lane of attack, which we all know is up to PGI anyways. I would like to point out that they are doing a very good job currently, and would be doing even better if you mercs would cooperate with their wishes.

Attacking our flanks does nothing to slow us down, so enjoy the scraps while you have them. We want steak. Nice, juicy, Terran steak. With a side of taters. But mostly the steak.

#372 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

In all honesty, if the CSJ mercs actually open a FRR front for CSJ and stick to killing IS freebirth trash, then the Founder bless your battles, trothkin. Those planets wont cut off our corridor, and they get to directly help crush FRR. Our OZs would look all crazy, but who cares.

Or

It could give a bunch of talentless scrub mouthbreathers a means to further grief CGB from the north, while looking for "good fights."

Madness.

#373 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostbobF, on 23 January 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

In all honesty, if the CSJ mercs actually open a FRR front for CSJ and stick to killing IS freebirth trash, then the Founder bless your battles, trothkin. Those planets wont cut off our corridor, and they get to directly help crush FRR. Our OZs would look all crazy, but who cares.

Or

It could give a bunch of talentless scrub mouthbreathers a means to further grief CGB from the north, while looking for "good fights."

Madness.

Mind the trash talking, but if we were looking for "good fights" the few skirmishes with Ghost Bear units were hardly such. Besides, as mercs we are more interested in those near 1,000,000 paychecks that are associated with taking IS planets. And with Kuritas lack of interest in keeping theirs, it gets quite boring when the only attack lanes sits at 100% with 0/0 in the queue. It is not just us mercs feeling this boredom, many of your own Clan Warriors feel the same.

Edited by NotMwHighlander, 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#374 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostCimarb, on 23 January 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Slinging mud to try to sway things in your direction is a valid tactic, but CGB wants to earn Terra against a worthy challenger. While we have respect for the Falcons and Wolves, they are not keeping up. The Jaguars, contrary to lore, are those noble challengers, and we will be very happy if they are our competition when it comes to conquering Terra.

If they beat us there, we will honor that, without having to resort to any dezgra behavior like trying to cut off their lane of attack, which we all know is up to PGI anyways. I would like to point out that they are doing a very good job currently, and would be doing even better if you mercs would cooperate with their wishes.

Attacking our flanks does nothing to slow us down, so enjoy the scraps while you have them. We want steak. Nice, juicy, Terran steak. With a side of taters. But mostly the steak.

Awesome post, I completely agree, and frankly though we are going for Terra I have no problem turning all the red grey along the way!

...only thing I have an issue with is this "...The Jaguars, contrary to lore, are those noble challengers..." :( we were awesome in lore...crazy mothertruckers who had kurita running scared...so scared they had to actually adapt! (and we all know how much it hurt them to do so ;) )

#375 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Mind the trash talking, but if we were looking for "good fights" the few skirmishes with Ghost Bear units were hardly such. Besides, as mercs we are more interested in those near 1,000,000 paychecks that are associated with taking IS planets. And with Kuritas lack of interest in keeping theirs, it gets quite boring when the only attack lanes sits at 100% with 0/0 in the queue. It is not just us mercs feeling this boredom, many of your own Clan Warriors feel the same.

Then go defend other clan planets. Its what we do.

#376 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostCimarb, on 23 January 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Yeah, because pug stomping Kurita has been a real challenge.....

Having done CSJ for a week, there are no honorable fights there and CSJ won't get an attack lane into FRR unless they go through CGB, and even then, we have the forces and the skill to stop it anyway. And the map is pushing Kurita planets out towards the Periphery again, which the opposite way that CSJ should be going. But planet access is what PGI dictates and in this case, it doesn't look like CSJ will ever get to Terra, at least not in a way that is honorable. Your refusal to accept that in order for both to race for Terra, you have to fight once and a while to maintain the proper lanes, but that seems to be more of a CSJ problem then a Bear problem, who have two lanes towards Terra as it currently stands.

I am not trying to sling mud either, I just see what the map shows me and the way the attack lanes are unfolding, CSJ will not even come close to contesting for Terra since they are being driven so far off course as it is. Heck, the next Kurita defense I have in FRR is away from Luthien towards the Periphery. Granted, PGI could do the same to CGB and throw the Kurita attack lane a giant curve ball on them too. I hope to see more honorable fights from Clan Ghost Bear in the future, we enjoy the contests between the forces of the Free Rasalhague Republic and Clan Ghost Bear and know that there will continue to be good fights moving forward, but the Smoke Jags need to realize that if they want to contest for Terra sooner, they will have to fight the Bears at some point.

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 23 January 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Awesome post, I completely agree, and frankly though we are going for Terra I have no problem turning all the red grey along the way!

...only thing I have an issue with is this "...The Jaguars, contrary to lore, are those noble challengers..." :( we were awesome in lore...crazy mothertruckers who had kurita running scared...so scared they had to actually adapt! (and we all know how much it hurt them to do so ;) )

The battle for Luthien is one of the greatest battles of the Clan Invasion in my opinion. I hope that some day, we can experience what it was like for those great warriors to stand before the might of the Clans and fight for it. The Smoke Jaguars were the most feared of all the Clans in the books aside from the Jade Falcons, yet the way things are unraveling in CW, the Bears are taking control as the strongest force. I hope that we see things like the batchall again, it would be interesting to see if the Clans could out bid one another for attacks on planets, that would certainly turn it into a skill game.

Edited by Drunk Canuck, 23 January 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#377 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

...snip...

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 23 January 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

...snip...

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 23 January 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

...snip...

...terra...

Terra?

TERRA?!?!

Terra is but a rest area along the path to New Avalon!

Not only do I intend to focus my efforts toward realizing a second front with another of the Inner Sphere's preeminent Powers, BUT I intend to see this front realized before the end of CW Beta.

And to this end, I pledge to my friend Halcyon Clearwater, PHI, CGB and to all of you that I would sooner take my mid-level-19 Smoke Jaguar gamer-self and be captured as bondsman to PHI rather than ever participate in an organized CSJ attempt to preempt CGB from rightfully outpacing the Jaguar to Terra.

I already have Hal's Unit invitation (thank you Hal.) and would sooner take my meager organizational and word-smithing skills and begin anew as a novice Ghost Bear than execute one drop, breaking the CSJ / CGB Peace.

I put my gaming where my text is.

Others are free to gamer all sides against the middle... I have done that in other MMO's, it stales after awhile.

If you are of a mind to join me as a Smoke Jaguar, intent on an honorable Liberation of Terra and continuance on to a true MWO-Goal (for the Clans of Lore never got to Terra, thus a stretch goal of New Avalon and the seat of Davion Power was never a consideration) come into the Smoke Jaguar recruiting threads and check out our many loyalist and associated, loyal Mercenary Corps Units.

I can assure you, your time as a Smoke Jaguar will be what you want to make of it...

...and I am seemingly always available for a Faction Sync Drop. ;)

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 23 January 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

No, our goal was to work towards cutting off the Ghost Bear attack lane into Kurita space, but due to no interest from any of the Smoke Jaguar loyalist units, which is plainly obvious by this thread attacking us for a decision that was made internally by our own unit, after three days we halted our advance due to too many turret drops being a waste of time. Little did we know that the Smoke Jaguars would behave in such an honor-less manner towards us as well. We didn't ask for their help, nor were we aware of an alliance between both factions, so we plead ignorance in this regard, however our choices are our own, we don't expect everyone to agree with them or go along with them.

Thank you.

No other Inner Sphere Unit could have done more to afford us an opportunity for CLAN UNITY. http://mwomercs.com/...ion-clan-unity/

See you in the Defense along the Path to New Avalon!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 23 January 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#378 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 23 January 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

your idea for CSJ was since we heard word about it awhile back when you guys tried to take Idlewind from CSJ during your Early FRR days. Did you honestly think that 1 unit can pull that stunt off again in CSJ when most of us had already had a talk with other groups about it? Most of us honestly don't give a f---k about being the first Faction trying to take Terra. ITS CLAN VS. INNER SHPERE. When GB needed help, we stood by them like they were our brothers and sisters. When CJF needed help we tried to do the same thing for them. We go where we are needed. How is the Inner Sphere any different when they are always attacking allied planets? As long as the inner sphere continue to use Handicap boosted mechs, we will stay our course. if you don't like it, you can pullout. As an assassin would say: "che nessuno ricordi il tuo nome."

#379 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostWing 0, on 23 January 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

ITS CLAN VS. INNER SHPERE.

It's interesting that you say that when the Ghost Bear border is sitting all of a couple parsecs from Richmond.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 23 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#380 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 23 January 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Enjoy Kurita space CSJ, you will never get to Terra with the Ghost Bears trying to push around FRR to get to Terra, which means they are also in Kurita space and taking away your attack vector to Terra. Just look at the map and continue to be denial that Ghost Bear wants to work with you. You have fallen victim to the ploy of the MercStar Alliance, who have swindled you into a non aggression pact with the Bears in order to help keep the pressures of House Kurita off themselves and forcing the forces of the Dragon to continue their efforts on the Davion border instead. You will soon find yourselves reaching the Kurita end of the Periphery and eventually into House Davion space. Don't allow yourselves to get put in a pincer of having to fight off House Davion and Kurita together, because while they may be at war, enemies can quickly become allies in a time of need.

*applause* I have no choice but to applaud the persistence of people making STUPID posts. I give you an A for effort. Here is the problem. The same way you wanted to throw the fact that PGI made CW the way it is where you mercs can do what you want & fly any sigil that tickles your fancy, is the same way I can throw it in your face. PGI made the maps the way that they are; i.e. everything is shifted a bit to the left. CGBI did not do that, PGI did.

The Jaguars invasion corridor is the DC ALONE. CGB's invasion corridor is BOTH the FRR & the DC. You keep singing the same song & I will keep slapping you with the facts. YOU people say the DC is weak & it crumbled, you guys can take any planet you like. Cool. I tip my hat to you. So take everything & position yourself to Terra. What is the problem? You keep trying to force the issue & when it got you nowhere, you whine & ***** & moan. I am at work now so when I get home I will give you a visual aid because it seems that is the only way you people seem to learn, but you cannot convince anyone with sense that helping the Jaguar cause means going left into OUR invasion corridor when you can stomp the DC & go down.

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Were these against organized 12 mans, if so I would love to see those screenshots. Or are you trying to claim pugstomping as "hardly good fights"? I see how you guys do. I work nights, so I am home in the day. When almost everyone is at school or work, certain units stomp pugs then beat their chest, "LOOK AT US. WE SO POWERFUL. WE ARE UBER! WE PWN! RAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh about that..............

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 23 January 2015 - 08:38 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users