Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#401 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

:) good on CSJ for attempting to clean up that last bit of Rasalhague territory sitting inside ours.

#402 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostRepasy, on 26 January 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

:) good on CSJ for attempting to clean up that last bit of Rasalhague territory sitting inside ours.

Wait we were suppose to take that? Nice that we were told that after the fact...

#403 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 26 January 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

Wait we were suppose to take that? Nice that we were told that after the fact...

I did not think it was an option for you guys - how long has it been open for you to attack?

#404 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostCimarb, on 26 January 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

I did not think it was an option for you guys - how long has it been open for you to attack?

How long has the ceasefire that was made by a -MS- on CGB's behalf been up?

#405 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 26 January 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

:D No not supposed to, but it works out because now you guys can attack more planets. CSJ's been doing really well lately, you deserve another attack corridor.

#406 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostChagatay, on 25 January 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

Rumors of wormhole technology left by Marik forces on Thondheim. But there is only one way to be sure....
Hopefully it will take you straight to the capital region to join us at the front.

We've already found the legends of the Bifrost to be mere myth, after the conquest of Asgard.

So please excuse my skepticism.

Edited by Gigastrike, 26 January 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#407 Zankou Ryles

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis,MO

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

Seriously If it were up to me Id be Defending against the CSJ Units attacking Ghost bear but apparently you cant defend when your faction is attacking another, stupid 228 and QQ rogues

#408 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 26 January 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

How long has the ceasefire that was made by a -MS- on CGB's behalf been up?

I do not need a ceasefire by any unit/person/Clan to know that attacking our flanks is meaningless. They are just the scraps left behind, so take all you want. I am only concerned about what lies between us and Terra. When PGI finally adds logistics, we will come clean up the carrion eaters.

#409 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostZankou Ryles, on 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

Seriously If it were up to me Id be Defending against the CSJ Units attacking Ghost bear but apparently you cant defend when your faction is attacking another, stupid 228 and QQ rogues

QQ went back to FRR days ago man.

#410 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

Well, I'm sure that brief attack corridor in FRR territory was nice. You guys mopped it up pretty quickly :P

#411 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

If our CGB attack route didn't point us back NorthEast, I'd vote to push further to hit real FRR space. The CSJ CW queue emptied by 7pm today. 7pm! We're currently set to renew for another 2 weeks based on our member polling, but since Kurita's decided to stop caring about their clan borders there's really nothing to do but PUG on some perfectly good weekday nights.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 27 January 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#412 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) attacks the Smoke Jaguar (to be repatriated to CGB) world of Polcenigo under the guise of Clan Ghost Bear.

Since Clan Ghost Bear Seniors had not pre-coordinated any OPN CLAN UNITY repatriation action, Smoke Jaguar Alliance Seniors immediately realized the true nature of this very disingenuous ISMA attempt to incite CGB / CSJ aggressions.

The clear lines of communication between CGB Seniors and CSJ Seniors confirmed that NO CGB Units were participating in attacks on Polcenigo.

Thus freed for response, CSJ defended the local CGB population from ISMA predation.

Four 12-man ISMA teams (MERCSTAR and ACES) gained through Ghost Drop 7-sectors, then as DERP, BSM, SA, 267 12-mans responded, in a manner of 90-minutes the ISMA Planetfall bastion was reduced to just 3-sectors.

The Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance was defeated in direct combat by a very responsive and highly skilled Smoke Jaguar Alliance.

Accolades and recognition go out to all Smoke Jaguar Solos and Small groups that rushed into the breach and delayed in-game the ISMA Attack on Polcenigo. I would like to especially thank all the TeamSpeak runners who got the word out...

....in the truest traditions of Paul Revere, Knowledge was Power tonight and thanks to your work and the calm, sure coordination between CGB and CSJ Seniors, we met the ISMA at our very gates and denied them ANY opportunity to incite further distraction in this Clan Rear Area.

...oh yes, and good job securing our only Offensive target, the House Kurita world of McAlister 3-hours early tonight. This cleared the boards for a UNIFIED response to the ISMA attack.

In all the finer traditions of the Smoke Jaguar, you did ALL Clans proud as you defeated the ISMA's finest Units tonight.

...and you legitimately had the opportunity to refine Clan Tech on Clan Tech tactics, techniques and procedures. We'll need these Lessons Learned as the ISMA will continue to use fifth columnist (false flags) from among our Trothkin in CGB to execute future PIRATE RAIDS.

No they chose to forego an honorable confrontation and join Kurita forces to battle against CSJ. A blatantly and desperate need to give themselves the advantage of Clan Tech was the ONLY way ISMA Seniors thought they had a chance against Smoke Jaguar Units and Solos.

As EVERYONE who views this can now attest, even at its most duplicitous (assuming the guide of CGB) the Units that compose the ISMA failed in their first DIRECT ACTION against Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Focus on 100% liberating of our Kurita objectives within the first 5-hours of every Ceasefire Cycle and CSJ will have 3-hours to meet, defeat and reduce ANY ISMA attacks to our rear area.

Clan Smoke Jaguar ever-continues toward the liberation of Terra first, once the Kurita planet is 100% liberated, ALL Smoke Jaguars are invited to defend against ISMA wherever they can be found. Tracking of ISMA efforts against CSJ are posted to http:/www.smokealliance.com

BREAK BREAK BREAK

#413 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 27 January 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) attacks the Smoke Jaguar (to be repatriated to CGB) world of Polcenigo under the guise of Clan Ghost Bear.

Since Clan Ghost Bear Seniors had not pre-coordinated any OPN CLAN UNITY repatriation action, Smoke Jaguar Alliance Seniors immediately realized the true nature of this very disingenuous ISMA attempt to incite CGB / CSJ aggressions.

The clear lines of communication between CGB Seniors and CSJ Seniors confirmed that NO CGB Units were participating in attacks on Polcenigo.

Thus freed for response, CSJ defended the local CGB population from ISMA predation.

Four 12-man ISMA teams (MERCSTAR and ACES) gained through Ghost Drop 7-sectors, then as DERP, BSM, SA, 267 12-mans responded, in a manner of 90-minutes the ISMA Planetfall bastion was reduced to just 3-sectors.

The Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance was defeated in direct combat by a very responsive and highly skilled Smoke Jaguar Alliance.

Accolades and recognition go out to all Smoke Jaguar Solos and Small groups that rushed into the breach and delayed in-game the ISMA Attack on Polcenigo. I would like to especially thank all the TeamSpeak runners who got the word out...

....in the truest traditions of Paul Revere, Knowledge was Power tonight and thanks to your work and the calm, sure coordination between CGB and CSJ Seniors, we met the ISMA at our very gates and denied them ANY opportunity to incite further distraction in this Clan Rear Area.

...oh yes, and good job securing our only Offensive target, the House Kurita world of McAlister 3-hours early tonight. This cleared the boards for a UNIFIED response to the ISMA attack.

In all the finer traditions of the Smoke Jaguar, you did ALL Clans proud as you defeated the ISMA's finest Units tonight.

...and you legitimately had the opportunity to refine Clan Tech on Clan Tech tactics, techniques and procedures. We'll need these Lessons Learned as the ISMA will continue to use fifth columnist (false flags) from among our Trothkin in CGB to execute future PIRATE RAIDS.

No they chose to forego an honorable confrontation and join Kurita forces to battle against CSJ. A blatantly and desperate need to give themselves the advantage of Clan Tech was the ONLY way ISMA Seniors thought they had a chance against Smoke Jaguar Units and Solos.

As EVERYONE who views this can now attest, even at its most duplicitous (assuming the guide of CGB) the Units that compose the ISMA failed in their first DIRECT ACTION against Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Focus on 100% liberating of our Kurita objectives within the first 5-hours of every Ceasefire Cycle and CSJ will have 3-hours to meet, defeat and reduce ANY ISMA attacks to our rear area.

Clan Smoke Jaguar ever-continues toward the liberation of Terra first, once the Kurita planet is 100% liberated, ALL Smoke Jaguars are invited to defend against ISMA wherever they can be found. Tracking of ISMA efforts against CSJ are posted to http:/www.smokealliance.com

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Um what? Neither MercStar Alliance nor ACES are ISMA. That's QQ/228 and someone else.

#414 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostIhasa, on 27 January 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Um what? Neither MercStar Alliance nor ACES are ISMA. That's QQ/228 and someone else.

Unless I am mistaken (and I can be sometimes) MS and ACES are not PERMACON to CGB. MS in general and Clan Kodiak in particular, as it was Clan Kodiak that my particular 12-man faced tonight.

#415 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

I think it may be a matter of semantics based upon association. MercStar, QQ, 228, Rem, ACES and CI are all well known jumpers back and forth between the fronts, so they all tend to get lumped in with each other, whether they should be or not on any specific topic.

#416 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'm pretty sure he's using "Mercenary Alliance" as a pseudo-roleplay catch-all term for Merc units who aren't acting on specific instructions from larger faction units.

Though to be fair, CGB faction units have launched numerous attacks on Polcenigo as well, it's just that no one really cares since they do it in the EU time slot and they lose pretty consistently.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 28 January 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#417 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostCimarb, on 28 January 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

I think it may be a matter of semantics based upon association. MercStar, QQ, 228, Rem, ACES and CI are all well known jumpers back and forth between the fronts, so they all tend to get lumped in with each other, whether they should be or not on any specific topic.

View PostVlad Ward, on 28 January 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure he's using "Mercenary Alliance" as a pseudo-roleplay catch-all term for Merc units who aren't acting on specific instructions from larger faction units.

Though to be fair, CGB faction units have launched numerous attacks on Polcenigo as well, it's just that no one really cares since they do it in the EU time slot and they lose pretty consistently.

"Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance" refers to those Units who have shown the predilection to take advantage of PGI's reluctance to put into the game any real substantive Constraints (external limiting factors, like a MRBC, etc), Restraints (internal limiting factors, like a 48-hour NO CW GAMING impact when a Unit changes Factions to replicate the very, very modest impact of having to pack everyone lock, stock and barrel and move it from one faction to another, light years distant, etc) Consequences (THE KEY RECOMMENDATION TO FIX MANY CW PROBLEMS - remove all Mercenary planetary TAGs once it abrogates its Unit relationship with a now-former Faction employer, etc) or Repercussions (systemic Contract controls like a penalty on contract C-bills and Loyalty Point Rewards for the first 5-days of ANY new contract, also a MRBC that will track and append a Mercenary Corps Units service record within a Faction, noting instances of gross violation of the Peace Treaties of its employer-Faction, etc. LET THERE BE REPERCUSSIONS for basically pirate and bandit activity by our Mercenary Corp Units.

There...

I have started a thread to discuss this topic further. IMO it deserves an Independant thread: http://mwomercs.com/...-repercussions/

#418 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 28 January 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

"Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance" refers to those Units who have shown the predilection to take advantage of PGI's reluctance to put into the game any real substantive Constraints (external limiting factors, like a MRBC, etc), Restraints (internal limiting factors, like a 48-hour NO CW GAMING impact when a Unit changes Factions to replicate the very, very modest impact of having to pack everyone lock, stock and barrel and move it from one faction to another, light years distant, etc) Consequences (THE KEY RECOMMENDATION TO FIX MANY CW PROBLEMS - remove all Mercenary planetary TAGs once it abrogates its Unit relationship with a now-former Faction employer, etc) or Repercussions (systemic Contract controls like a penalty on contract C-bills and Loyalty Point Rewards for the first 5-days of ANY new contract, also a MRBC that will track and append a Mercenary Corps Units service record within a Faction, noting instances of gross violation of the Peace Treaties of its employer-Faction, etc. LET THERE BE REPERCUSSIONS for basically pirate and bandit activity by our Mercenary Corp Units.

There...

I have started a thread to discuss this topic further. IMO it deserves an Independant thread: http://mwomercs.com/...-repercussions/

This is, bluntly put, a terrible idea, and amounts to nothing less than discrimination against players who don't fit your mold of picking a faction and staying glued to it.

So not only do mercs get a lower LP income rate, they also don't get to play CW AT ALL for 2 days after picking up a new contract, they don't keep tags for longer than their contract, decreased income, etc. For what heinous crime? Doing what Merc units are supposed to do - look at the map, look at the rewards, and pick a new contract when the current one expires.

I don't mind making Merc play different from what it is now and giving more flavor to it, but this is insane, and just punishes Mercs.

#419 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

I am not going to argue the same thing in two threads, so please see the other thread...

#420 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Please see: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4145403 for a comprehensive response to Peter2000 and other comments attributed to this main thread.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please let me know.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 29 January 2015 - 09:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users