Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#441 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 January 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

That is a very interesting theory, quiaff? It would be just awesome and surprising if that was true. On the other hand, nowadays kings are dy like flies but pretendants to the Iron Throne are just appearing from nowhere, like mushrooms.. :P

..Still more interesting than the original topic :P

Heritage is just SOOOO overrated in Westeros these days.

I just think can't wait for Fire (D) to join with Ice (J) and the turn North towards the real Enemy, those pesky Clanners... errrrr.... Undead!

Fate-a-comple' : proof https://www.pinteres...25440215633061/

#442 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostUniquePilotName, on 30 January 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

one thing I noticed was how the CSJ advance is cutting across CGB's corridor, partly due to Kurita holding Sanh Tanh from CGB just to lose it to us Jags. plan in order to prevent smoke jag from stopping ghost bear from going south?

Darn logarithms!

Hated em in High School... finding new reasons to hate em now.

REGARDLESS what PGI's #ManInTheLoop permits the logarithm to do, I am all for giving up #ScatteredSideways planets to uncontested CGB Ghost Drops just so the currently leading edge of the Clan Drive on Terra can continue to benefit from having multiple Clans in a viable race to Terra.

If the Inner Sphere has to split defenses against all four Clans #OnLine THAT would be ideal. Internal strife precludes that however atm. Seyla....

But preserving the CGB and CSJ parallel efforts (just like the dual-threat of Montgomery and Patton on the Western Front from WWII) this will serve to force the hand of the Inner Sphere to eventually commit the bulk of their combat power one way or the other. Not enough cooperation is likely to be present to stop BOTH an aligned and collaborative CGB and CSJ push to realize in-game what was in Lore UNOBTAINABLE...

...the liberation of Terra.

The "vagaries" of some #ScatteredSideways planets is meaningless to the greater Drive on Terra.

I openly advocate to give all necessary systems to CGB in order to stay the course for Terra.

Our axis of approach could come to resemble a caduceus (http://en.m.wikipedi...g/wiki/Caduceus) for all I would care, just so long as we Clans #StayOnTarget.... Terra will fall...

...whether Beta ends too soon to realize the liberation of Terra is the question only PGI can answer.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 30 January 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#443 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

#444 SgtSkullShatter

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

You shall buildeth me a throne for thine {LT-MOB-25}. Then I shall rule from high above in the citadel of hard rock. From whence I will smite mine enemies upon their shmall dock, leaving them unable to launch their seamen back at me :P

#445 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostNoesis, on 30 January 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

He's not wrong.

#446 UniquePilotName

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDreaming of a "Smokey" Terra

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 30 January 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Darn logarithms!

Hated em in High School... finding new reasons to hate em now.

REGARDLESS what PGI's #ManInTheLoop permits the logarithm to do, I am all for giving up #ScatteredSideways planets to uncontested CGB Ghost Drops just so the currently leading edge of the Clan Drive on Terra can continue to benefit from having multiple Clans in a viable race to Terra.

If the Inner Sphere has to split defenses against all four Clans #OnLine THAT would be ideal. Internal strife precludes that however atm. Seyla....

But preserving the CGB and CSJ parallel efforts (just like the dual-threat of Montgomery and Patton on the Western Front from WWII) this will serve to force the hand of the Inner Sphere to eventually commit the bulk of their combat power one way or the other. Not enough cooperation is likely to be present to stop BOTH an aligned and collaborative CGB and CSJ push to realize in-game what was in Lore UNOBTAINABLE...

...the liberation of Terra.

The "vagaries" of some #ScatteredSideways planets is meaningless to the greater Drive on Terra.

I openly advocate to give all necessary systems to CGB in order to stay the course for Terra.

Our axis of approach could come to resemble a caduceus (http://en.m.wikipedi...g/wiki/Caduceus) for all I would care, just so long as we Clans #StayOnTarget.... Terra will fall...

...whether Beta ends too soon to realize the liberation of Terra is the question only PGI can answer.

what I meant was have Jags hold off a few attacks to allow CGB a whack at the planets we're currently steamrolling through. this way CSJ is not pushong CGB towards CJF and Wolf.

At least as far as I can see the clans have been civil and accommodating to each other why stop now? especially if it speeds up our little vacation to terra

#447 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 30 January 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Heritage is just SOOOO overrated in Westeros these days.

I just think can't wait for Fire (D) to join with Ice (J) and the turn North towards the real Enemy, those pesky Clanners... errrrr.... Undead!

Me too! Too bad J chose to swear a oath to the Night's Watch.. But that would absolutely be the best couple fans could expect.. That is why it is not going to happen..

BIG HUGE SPOILER DO NOT READ OR YOUR SOUL WILL BE DAMNED

Spoiler

Besides, when i built my own little castle in Minecraft, i used Stark and Targaryen banners and colors togheter, to simbolyze the spiritual union of Ice and Fire :P

..Now i have changed the colors to white and light blue with a brand new emblem. It is mor ein my style to create my own story and House..

Now, if i did not have to fight for the glory of Clan Wolf, maybe i could start playing and building in that server with that awesome full Westeros map.. B)

#448 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 31 January 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

...(snip)...BIG HUGE SPOILER DO NOT READ OR YOUR SOUL WILL BE DAMNED

Spoiler

...(snip)...

Nope... I can fully foresee JRRM giving his devoted fans a marriage (uneventful too!!!) of J and D, presided over by the Lone, remaining (and pregnant) Dragon (darn those pesky northern Undead!) after a final and visually-EPIC climatic Battle scene set in and amongst the wintery ruins of Castle Winterfell.

Yes I can just see it now, a happy and pregnant again D with J at her side...

....smiling and content...

...happy and hopeful...

...only in the last paragraph of the final book..

...and the final scene on HBO...

...to be a close-up of the Kingslayer slowly closing a door (figuratively and literally) to the happy couple's rear right flank, with a slow fade to black and the words "Valor Morghulis", (http://awoiaf.wester...Valar_Morghulis) superimposed over the Iron Throne as the last frame/words.

Now THAT would be so JRRM.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 31 January 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#449 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostUniquePilotName, on 31 January 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

what I meant was have Jags hold off a few attacks to allow CGB a whack at the planets we're currently steamrolling through. this way CSJ is not pushong CGB towards CJF and Wolf.

At least as far as I can see the clans have been civil and accommodating to each other why stop now? especially if it speeds up our little vacation to terra

Lead changes are to be expected but the Drive to Terra can never forsake the opportunity to secure worlds.

Let the Inner Sphere focus what strength they can manage (amidst their eternal Internal, Parochial strife) against CSJ. When they do there will be that many fewer Inner Sphere Common Defenders to oppose CGB, CJF and CW.

THAT is the dynamic to be exploited.

IMO if CSJ "held off a few attacks" all that would accomplish is those Inner Sphere gamers just collapsing down on the fewer remaining Inner Sphere Common Defense options against CGB, CJF and CW attacks.

No, the best means IMO of CSJ helping Other Clans is to now "bear down" and weather whatever storm the Inner Sphere can place in the CSJ path to Terra and overcome it as best we can. With any real focus on CSJ by the powers that be in the Inner Sphere ( Davion, Marik, Liao 12-man Comp Teams, as a Prime example) there will be substantially reduced and less effective forces to send against our Trothkin in CGB, CJF and CW.

Over time (I hope) ALL Clans's Invasion efforts come "on line" and reach their respective LAST PLANET before Terra simultaneously.

#450 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

"unsanctioned attack" the hypocrisy, the hilarity. what nonsense. I can only shake my head and grin at the absurdity of it.

#451 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 31 January 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

"unsanctioned attack" the hypocrisy, the hilarity. what nonsense. I can only shake my head and grin at the absurdity of it.

Go away...this is now a GOT thread...

#452 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostVon Blumen, on 31 January 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Go away...this is now a GOT thread...

Ah... I never could resist #CrossoverHumor

"Winter has come... to the Houses of the Inner Sphere, and it will be a very "Grey" Winter indeed!"

"Valor MurTerras" ~ "Even Terra must fall."

"What does Littlefinger and a Davion Loyalist have in common?"

Come on, who'll join me in this very fun and oh so brief deviation from my own OP?

#Humor is always a great Community Building and Bonding opportunity!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 31 January 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#453 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image

#454 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

"A pilot needs a name" ;)

#455 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Natural maturation of a this OP continues and has partially been responsible for the creation of: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4156898

I remain committed to CGB / CSJ Peace and will continue to advocate for calm, deliberate, mutually-agreeable (in the main) resolutions to ANY circumstances which threaten or may come to threaten that Peace.

If you have ANY comments, questions or criticisms, please let me know.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#456 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

I don't think it is necessary any more to fight GB at all.

Today, the route through what remains of FRR has been unlocked, allowing full access to cleaning up that remaining sector of that corridor AND have future access to Steiner.

Therefore, there is no actual reason for the inter-Clan fights outside of trying to get better access to Terra and the occasional sparring partner.

Edited by Deathlike, 02 February 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#457 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 02 February 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

I don't think it is necessary any more to fight GB at all.

Today, the route through what remains of FRR has been unlocked, allowing full access to cleaning up that remaining sector of that corridor AND have future access to Steiner.

Therefore, there is no actual reason for the inter-Clan fights outside of trying to get better access to Terra and the occasional sparring partner.

So does that mean CGB can have your planet so we get our kurita lane back? Pretty please?

#458 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 02 February 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

So does that mean CGB can have your planet so we get our kurita lane back? Pretty please?

You still have to work for it. We're not a charity!

:P

It is strangely annoying the paths that are being used to get anywhere on the map.

#459 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

No, CGB complains that they do not have enough forces for all their fronts. We relieved you of one of those fronts to help you.

edit: don't = do not

Edited by QueenBlade, 03 February 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#460 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 02 February 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

I remain adamant that CGB should have planets repatriated (in some mutually acceptable form and fashion) to CGB.

My latest proposal is that the #ThinGreyLine be broken at Tanh Linh, with Tanh Linh the site of 228 v CGB combats, sufficient in one 8-hour cycle to give rise to CGB once again gaining what a fickle logarithm would deny - a clear continuation of the CGB Invasion Corridor toward Terra.

As with any "Community" (READ: political) topic of great worth, there are all manner of thought and official position with regard to my proposal.

Not all gamers currently holding CGB Icons see eye to eye.

Not all gamers currently holding CSJ Icons see eye to (remaining!) eye.

The way forward on this topic DOES HAVE A MANAGED AND MODERATE means of working itself out and that is included here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4156898

Let us all not rush to conflict in this, let us as gamers inform our Unit Seniors of our preferences and the give our Unit Seniors a chance to hammer out a consensus and associated compromise.

Regardless of Senior interim deliberations, I shall remain a vocal advocate in these forums for both CGB/CSJ Peace as well as the repatriation of planet(s) to CGB.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users