Equipment And Modules For Lrm's?

5 replies to this topic

#1 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

my question is douse it affect lrm's and how?
and when? (example for target decay is it for your line of sight only ext....)

1)
Comand console; ?
(faster targeting?)

2)
BAP;?

3)
target decay;?

4)
sensor range;?

5)
target info gathering;?

tnx

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

1. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks.

2. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks. Helps to cancel enemy ECM around 240 meter radius. Must have for slow LRM boats.

3. Adds up to 1.5 second of additional lock maintaining on top of the default 2 seconds. Completely countered by Radar Derp module.

4. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks.

5. Nope.

BAP, CC, and Info Gathering module speed stacks so you can theoretically gather info 75% faster. Doesn't help LRMs since even if you see an opening faster, your missiles are gonna be too spread out to take complete advantage of it. I suppose gathering info boost can help you to decide faster whether the target is worth lurming (King Crab, Direwhale), or not (IS Lights).

Edited by El Bandito, 17 January 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#3 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 January 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

1. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks.

2. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks. Helps to cancel enemy ECM around 240 meter radius. Must have for slow LRM boats.

3. Adds up to 1.5 second of additional lock maintaining on top of the default 2 seconds. Completely countered by Radar Derp module.

4. Increases sensor range so you can sense the enemy from farther away for locks.

5. Nope.

so target decay is a must have module for a lrm boat and sensory range is gravy ?

ps why douse command console says -42,50% targeting time?

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 17 January 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

so target decay is a must have module for a lrm boat and sensory range is gravy ?

Target Decay is a must for LRM boats, yes. 6 million is hard to earn but it is worth every single C-Bills.

Since LRMs have 1000 meter max range, you will only need 1 sensor range module/equipment max. A mech's sensor range is 750 meters I think, and BAP alone can increase it to near LRM max range. However, if your mech has more module slot available, Sensor range module + BAP will allow you to see the enemies from really far away and give you some nice scouting bonus rewards if you pull it off.

Even in my slow Atlas-S LRM boat, I usually sense the enemies before my Lights do, thanks to BAP+Sensor range module.

Finally, Seismic module is great addition if you want to boat a lot of LRMs at the expense of back-up weapons. You need to know whenever the enemy tries to get close to ya.

Edited by El Bandito, 17 January 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#5 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

tnx the only thing i dont quite yet understand is why the command console says it gives -42.5% targeting time.

is that not for LRM's? and if not for what is it?

#6 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 17 January 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

tnx the only thing i dont quite yet understand is why the command console says it gives -42.5% targeting time.

is that not for LRM's? and if not for what is it?

It is for target info reading. You get different reading speed for the enemy mech's health and weapon loadout depending on how far your cursor is when you lock him. Command console, BAP, Clan targetting computer, and Target info gathering module all boosts your reading speed faster at a %, so you can see vital infos such as enemy type, health and weapons faster. It is mostly useful for brawling mechs since they can focus their firepower on to specific enemy body parts. Not so useful on LRM mechs since LRMs tend to scatter all over the enemy.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users